GDT: 10/26/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
But yay win!!

These games with Detrit though are way closer than what they probably should be.
Last game against the Canes was probably our tightest one of the whole season and we won 5-1.

Today we were miles ahead of the Wings and win by one goal.

Sometimes the end result doesn't tell the whole story.

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Vasy dem rebounds.

Stammer nice shot (still on a wide open net). Good enough shot to hopefully give him some more confidence. He finished it. That is important.

Nice patience by Point on his goal.

Edit: I should credit Vasy with the good saves he did make.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Last game against the Canes was probably our tightest one of the whole season and we won 5-1.

Today we were miles ahead of the Wings and win by one goal.

Sometimes the end result doesn't tell the whole story.

Very well said.

Detroit is an absolute mess. It's not a wonder they just collapse in their own zone and stack 4 players in front of their net the whole time. They really... really... REALLY need new players and better coaching.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vasy dem rebounds.

Stammer nice shot (still on a wide open net). Good enough shot to hopefully give him some more confidence. He finished it. That is important.

Nice patience by Point on his goal.

Edit: I should credit Vasy with the good saves he did make.

Vasy remains impressive. I'm starting to think we could potentially go all the way with him but then again there's still so much hockey to played and there's no guarantee we even make the playoffs, nevermind a Cup.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The only player on the Red Wings that looked like they deserve and NHL contract was Howard. He was tuned in tonight and looked really good. Everyone else on that roster is trash, AND they have the highest payroll in the league.

Seriously - I'm going to enjoy watching the Habs AND Red Wings suck this year.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The only player on the Red Wings that looked like they deserve and NHL contract was Howard. He was tuned in tonight and looked really good. Everyone else on that roster is trash, AND they have the highest payroll in the league.

Seriously - I'm going to enjoy watching the Habs AND Red Wings suck this year.

How the hell Blashill can put out Abdelkader (however the hell you spell it) and Kronwall on a 6 on 4 is beyond me. Good God I won't say a word about Cooper for the rest of the week after seeing THAT crap.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Kuch gotta be smarter than putting the stick between the legs, smart play by Zetterberg
You're right about Kuch, in that he should have known that Zetterberg would pull some garbage like that. Zetterberg isn't smart so much as secure in the knowledge that the league will always turn a blind eye to his antics. Repeat offenders in the NHL get reward points from officials.

Reactions: berlin

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You're right about Kuch, in that he should have known that Zetterberg would pull some garbage like that. Zetterberg isn't smart so much as secure in the knowledge that the league will always turn a blind eye to his antics. Repeat offenders in the NHL get reward points from officials.

Holy over reaction on this board, Zetterberg knew the stick was between his legs and took advantage of Kuch - you should never put your stick between a players legs anyways it way too often leads to a penalty. Zetterberg baited him but even if he didn't there was a good chance a penalty was coming on that play - he could've tripped himself over the stick if he wanted to by turning.

I guarantee you nothing happens to Zetterberg - and it's not because of a ref bias or any conspiracy.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Sloppy game. Passes were way off. The talent gap between the two rosters was just so big. My lord Detroit is terrible. Mantha is a thug. Zetterberg is a embellisher.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Holy over reaction on this board, Zetterberg knew the stick was between his legs and took advantage of Kuch - you should never put your stick between a players legs anyways it way too often leads to a penalty. Zetterberg baited him but even if he didn't there was a good chance a penalty was coming on that play - he could've tripped himself over the stick if he wanted to by turning.

I guarantee you nothing happens to Zetterberg - and it's not because of a ref bias or any conspiracy.
And yet, the first thing I said, before seeing the replay was "he grabbed Kuch's stick." Because it's Zetterberg, and he's always been a greasy player. The dive was merely the icing on the cake. Irrespective of Kuch's miscalculation, that one should have been offsetting minors.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I would say this has been a pretty good start to the season. We've won in convincing fashion most of the time and still managed to get wins when we haven't looked good like against the Canes. Kuch is awesome, Stammer has turned into Thornton and Vasy is showing he's capable of handling the starters duties.

This pace won't continue but maintaining a 60-65% win rate from here on would be more than enough and I think we're capable of that.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Why isn’t every game thought of as a “must win”? Would it detract from actual must win games? I feel like the team should always have that same desperation to win. Getting complacent is no good.

As critical as I am of anyone on the team, it’s not because I hate any of the players, or just want to hate on the players. It’s because I think they can do even better.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Not quite as many red jerseys in Amalie as I remember from last couple years. Maybe because it was a weekday game. The few times the Wings fans tried to start a chant, we overpowered it very quickly.

Abdelkader didn't get a full on hip check/open ice hit (drat!) but Strålman did finish a nice aggressive check on him and he did get a penalty in the game so that was positive.

So very glad to see Kuch and Stammer keep their streaks going and loooooved Point's goal!

Overall the game was a bit too close, but still rather...satisfying. :cool:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And yet, the first thing I said, before seeing the replay was "he grabbed Kuch's stick." Because it's Zetterberg, and he's always been a greasy player. The dive was merely the icing on the cake. Irrespective of Kuch's miscalculation, that one should have been offsetting minors.

One man's greasy play is another man's veteran move. Depends which team you cheer for, usually. Look at Ryan Callahan. I sincerely doubt there is a more active/better diver in the league. But he dives for the good guys, so it works. ;p

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
One man's greasy play is another man's veteran move. Depends which team you cheer for, usually. Look at Ryan Callahan. I sincerely doubt there is a more active/better diver in the league. But he dives for the good guys, so it works. ;p
Lol. Fair enough. You're not wrong about Cally, although I'd still put Zetterberg at a different level. Zetterberg's always skated a lot closer to the line of being an outright dirty player. In my opinion, anyways. Part of that might be colored by the fact that we've been pretty blessed as a franchise to have superstars who compete hard, but who play the game with class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad