Pre-Game Talk: 10/25/16 | Hurricanes vs Red Wings | 7:30 PM | FS-D, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichorn10

Jul 6, 2015
My bad folks......didn't see the sharks game. This is what happens when you assume......damn. Hoping for another W. LGRW

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Because, like you, I have watched him play! I did not say "he was not skilled" I said that IMO his skill sets did not match up as well with that line as others would.

If you want a speed line that skates down the ice and takes the first available shot and then crashes the net for rebounds he is the guy. If you are looking for three quick passes and a weak side goal against an elite goaltender he is not. Is the probability higher that either Vanek or Helm will find him open in the slot and deliver a perfectly timed pass or that he will find either one of them in the same situation and do the same? Now I hope to eat my words.:laugh:

Why does every player on the line need to be a good passer? Somebody has to finish. How many goals these days are tic-tac-toe plays? There's just so much wrong with your logic. Besides, Helm is the furthest thing from a good passer.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Well hoping for a W been quite awhile since we have had a 5+ game streak. But given that the past 2 seasons of games since we have moved to the east we are 2-7 against the canes (**** otl bs).

So a deductive guess would garner we are in the L column when this game concludes. I'll say 3-2 Canes.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Personally, on matters of chemistry and leadership, I trust the opinion of anyone inside the room over EVERYONE outside of the room. Of course that's not to say Blashill is infallible but with all due respect, who are you to comment on group dynamics and chemistry amongst 23 people you haven't seen or spoken with?

It's like when fans get super critical of captaincy, as if their complete lack of interaction with the individuals qualifies them to understand room dynamics and leadership traits of the group.

I get this board exists for the sake of discussion but I just don't understand how fans feels qualified to comment on such things as if they actually have an informed opinion.

I am so glad that somebody finally made this point.

INTANGIBLES

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Why does every player on the line need to be a good passer? Somebody has to finish. How many goals these days are tic-tac-toe plays? There's just so much wrong with your logic. Besides, Helm is the furthest thing from a good passer.

I am eating my post right now.(will send you the video pm) AA goes out, plays with his head up and makes two perfectly timed passes in the first two shifts , one to Helm and one to TV.

Disagree on Helm, average now with potential to grow into his new role imo. Of all the times I have watched AA, closely,never picked this up. Lets see if it was chance occurrence. Right now i am digesting my posts.:laugh::laugh::laugh: And I feel really good the kid pickled up a primary assist.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I am eating my post right now.(will send you the video pm) AA goes out, plays with his head up and makes two perfectly timed passes in the first two shifts , one to Helm and one to TV.

I came here to post that but I see you already did the honors :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad