Pre-Game Talk: 10/25/16 | Hurricanes vs Red Wings | 7:30 PM | FS-D, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Let's keep it going. Play like we have been the past couple and Carolina should be a win..

TouringReg

Sep 27, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Carolina gave the Wings a hard time last year, and Detroit gets St Louis, Boston and Florida after this game. Hopefully another Wings win as those are three tough teams in a row coming up.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Considering how we played lately, we've got it in our own hands and need to make it 5 in a row tomorrow.
Would be typical to lose just that though. Let's hope for the best.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Seem to recall the canes having the Wings number the last two times they faced them. Hopefully they bring their A game.

Not sure why you switch goalies after one got a shutout

Creating another goalie controversy would be a bad idea. It's Petr's job to lose right now, and he's been great thus far.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Start Mrazek, don't set a bad precedent early in the season. He was perfect ES against Nashville and hasn't allowed an ES goal since Florida. Let the roles be defined for now.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
wings_ironborn.jpg

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I bet you Carolina puts Frk in the lineup and he scores his first NHL goal.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
Nope, you can only have one starter. Now you can have two very good goalies that split starts. That, however, is very different than having a starter.

Do we have two goalies that are both capable of taking the bulk of starts? Then we have two starters.

Given that I don't see the point beyond semantics.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Not sure why you switch goalies after one got a shutout

Because the guy who got the shutout is the backup.

NYR aren't gonna ride Antti Raanta until he sucks because he posts a big game. Same deal here. Good on Howard for playing really well. He's the backup. I'm sure both of them don't want a goalie controversy again. Plus, Wings start Howard in this game and he gets bombed, and everyone would go nuts about Mrazek not starting and call Blashill and Holland all sorts of names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad