GDT: 10/25/15 - Wild @ Jets - 5PM Central/12AM Finland - FSN, FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Really don't see how this game changed much on the view of Kuemper. Sure, the 4th was bad, but the first 3 were not on him, and while he made a few shaky saves we see the same from Dubnyk all the time. More positives than negatives through 2 starts for Kuemper. Would be nice to see the team play quality hockey in front of him, if the (lack of) quality continues then a change will be needed.

Was nice to see the team come back but the whole was dug early. Just unacceptable play from the top line early. Spurgeon -5, obviously wishes his shot's not blocked on the 3rd and should've challenged Stafford on the 5th, but Granlund/Suter/Parise were the culprits on the first 2. Really don't care much for Granlund's game so far this year, but I don't see Yeo making a change. Defense as a whole has been pretty underwhelming as well, no one has progressed and multiple have regressed compared to last year.

On the bright side we're 5-2-1, so hopefully players can start getting comfortable and playing better hockey. Effort is there, execution has not been great considering the lack of change in the line-up compared to last year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
one other thing. If Haula had completed that wraparound it would've been a tie game.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Yeah, he was out there on the PP after the hit.

Don't remember exactly how long, but he was definitely out there.

Really hope there's no residual effects from the hit that we'll find out about tomorrow...

Yeah I remember he missed some games from a concussion a couple years back. Hopefully he's alright...

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Spurgeon looks bad out there. Hope he can regain his form from last year.

Koivu and Zucker are great together. Nino can be better though he played fine, he just doesn't seem to have the puck much. That line is great though, been our best by far this year.

Pominville - hope he's OK - still an issue for me. Granlund wasn't great but he At least can absorb a hit in the corners without coughing up the puck. Pominville can't and it's killing that lines possession.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I haven't read the whole thread, but i'm curious to know what the general consensus was concerning Ladd's goal from Wheeler? Offsides or not? We lost the game so it is what it is, but i'm just curious what others thought. Personally I thought it was offsides, but my eyes are a bit on the homerish side. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I haven't read the whole thread, but i'm curious to know what the general consensus was concerning Ladd's goal from Wheeler? Offsides or not? We lost the game so it is what it is, but i'm just curious what others thought. Personally I thought it was offsides, but my eyes are a bit on the homerish side. :laugh:

It was not offsides because he had possession of the puck and apparently in that case you can enter the zone before the puck does.

:dunno:

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
It was not offsides because he had possession of the puck and apparently in that case you can enter the zone before the puck does.

:dunno:

That's humbling. I've watched this game for many years and never realized that:laugh:. You see a player who has puck control backing into the o-zone using his backside to protect the puck, but if both skates crosses the blueline before the puck, it has always been called off-sides in my experience. Weird, I thought I knew the rules :dunce:Learn something new everyday.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
You can back into the zone with possession as long as the puck still precedes all other players into the zone as well. You just don't see it come up often as players generally aren't carrying the puck backwards and/or other players generally get into the zone before the puck on that lateral type of play with a move at the blue line and it's called offsides.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
That's humbling. I've watched this game for many years and never realized that:laugh:. You see a player who has puck control backing into the o-zone using his backside to protect the puck, but if both skates crosses the blueline before the puck, it has always been called off-sides in my experience. Weird, I thought I knew the rules :dunce:Learn something new everyday.

Happened to Zucker multiple times and he always goes up and tries to argue that. For some reason I've always known that that is the rule, but in my experience both playing the game and watching the game it's rarely called like the intent.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Same thing happened when Kane scored a goal against us in the playoffs back in 2014. He entered before the puck did, but because he had possession it's not offside. People *****ed about and then Hawks fans came in and told us why it wasn't offside like they knew the rule all along :p

It is what it is. I'm not a huge fan of that rule though. IMO if you enter before the puck period, it's offside.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Same thing happened when Kane scored a goal against us in the playoffs back in 2014. He entered before the puck did, but because he had possession it's not offside. People *****ed about and then Hawks fans came in and told us why it wasn't offside like they knew the rule all along :p

It is what it is. I'm not a huge fan of that rule though. IMO if you enter before the puck period, it's offside.

I always thought it was cut and dry. Guess not. I think they should make it just puck in front of player rather than an 'if, and' scenario.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Happened to Zucker multiple times and he always goes up and tries to argue that. For some reason I've always known that that is the rule, but in my experience both playing the game and watching the game it's rarely called like the intent.

Just wow. I've been a hockey fan since the early 80's and other than the dark years between the North Stars and the Wild I've always considered myself a hardcore fan. To be honest though I've never sat down and actually read the rule book cover to cover.:laugh: I've always concentrated on evaluating players and critiquing various systems a Coach would deploy in games and situations.

Finding out there's a rule I didn't even know existed throws a monkey wrench into a game I felt knowledgeable enough to argue bad or missed calls confidently. Not so much anymore :facepalm:, and I had fun being a mister know it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad