GDT: 10/25/15 - Wild @ Jets - 5PM Central/12AM Finland - FSN, FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
How much better chance did Mikko think he would create by dishing when he was high slot with no one between him, the goalie & the 4x6?

hipchecks

#MakeStaalGreatAgain
Mar 3, 2015
Minnesota
Not a bad result for the 2nd game on a back to back. Sucks that Dubnyk even had to come into this one, especially since he's nursing some soreness.

Shimoe

Jun 13, 2011
Norm Green Sucks
Well we can beat the Jets but we can't beat Kuemper. The Kuemper experiment is, and has been, OVER! Should we risk him on waivers? :laugh: Put him on waivers and pray someone takes him.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Well we can beat the Jets but we can't beat Kuemper. The Kuemper experiment is, and has been, OVER! Should we risk him on waivers? :laugh: Put him on waivers and pray someone takes him.

Would rather run Dubnyk+Backstrom at this point. At least Backstrom is a serviceable backup. Kuemper is totaled.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
How does it work, whoever gives up the GWG gets the L?

Yup. IMO it should be the goalies on the ice for the last lead change rather than the GWG (more similar to how it works in baseball), but them's the breaks.

Honestly can't complain too much. Silver lining, the money players really did play like the money players. Koivu, Parise, Suter, Vanek, all of 'em looked great.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
I think not having a time out at the end hurt us. Vanek is a great PP player but Pominville has more chemistry/experience on that first unit. Pommer had just been hit by the Buff Train and couldn't get out there for a minute or two.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets fan coming in peace. Just wanted to apologize for that hit by Buff at the end of the game. I was pretty livid when I saw it, I can only imagine how you guys felt. Exploiting late-game officiating standards is one thing but that could easily have injured. No need for that in the game.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think not having a time out at the end hurt us. Vanek is a great PP player but Pominville has more chemistry/experience on that first unit. Pommer had just been hit by the Buff Train and couldn't get out there for a minute or two.

Pominville came when Dubnyk got to bench so almost immediately. Also Russo confirmed right knee injury to Dubnyk.

Randal61

Jan 12, 2014
Jets fan coming in peace. Just wanted to apologize for that hit by Buff at the end of the game. I was pretty livid when I saw it, I can only imagine how you guys felt. Exploiting late-game officiating standards is one thing but that could easily have injured. No need for that in the game.
Seriously

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Dubnyk played pretty well in his time in the game. His goal against was not his fault really, and he made some key stops to keep us in the game. So if he says he's fine, I'll believe him (because there is not a better alternative to him at this point).

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Jets fan here

Buff needs to get a call from the NHL. Probably the worst hit i've seen from a jet in terms of the decision to make the hit.

also **** this division, but in a nice way ;)

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
The determination in this team is amazing. Glad they didn't give up and made it very close at the end.

Kuemper needs to be sent down and honestly if someone picked him up I probably wouldn't even care. I don't like Backstrom but at least I know I will be consistently getting crap goaltending playing him rather than the 20% chance of a good game from Kuemper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad