GDT: 10/20/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Hose was also a huge Anders Lindback supporter. So much so that he barely had time to defend Teddy Purcell and Ryan Malone.

Lately it's all about Sustr, which has left the likes of Morrow and Carle to be thrown to the wolves.

Lol. I remember when I used to go at it with him about Brian Lee...look where he ended up. I thought hose was leaving to support Colorado or follow his minions...anders and brett?

It pains me to see his responses about sustr because I seriously think the same things he says are the same things coop may say to Yzerman when stevie is wanting to trade him.

Coop: "he was even on the night and played 30mins. Solid."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lol. I remember when I used to go at it with him about Brian Lee...look where he ended up. I thought hose was leaving to support Colorado or follow his minions...anders and brett?

It pains me to see his responses about sustr because I seriously think the same things he says are the same things coop may say to Yzerman when stevie is wanting to trade him.

That was Hose's greatest moment. Very few posts have made me literally have to walk away from my laptop because I'm laughing so hard, but when Hose would pop up with, "Colorado fan here, and I think" etc, it was just the best thing ever.

Seriously though, you have to appreciate the guy. I still remember the Boston-TB trade thread he absolutely killed by calling Sustr the new Chara and asking for Dougie Hamilton. It was priceless.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
that was hose's greatest moment. Very few posts have made me literally have to walk away from my laptop because i'm laughing so hard, but when hose would pop up with, "colorado fan here, and i think" etc, it was just the best thing ever.

Seriously though, you have to appreciate the guy. I still remember the boston-tb trade thread he absolutely killed by calling sustr the new chara and asking for dougie hamilton. It was priceless.

lmao!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Not the best game from Bishop. TKO still look snakebitten and not interested. Kuch scored sure but they only had a combined 3 SOG and Palat just gave up on the 1st GA.
I thought Namestnikov played pretty well, using his speed well and creating some good chances. Boyle was beasting too. And how about 27-91-24? Beautiful!
If only the Triplets would perform in 2014-15 mode again and Coop would clear up the mess that is 62-25... Also, I think it's time to give Bish a game off.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
the good the bad and the ugly

starting with drouin the ugly not sooo ugly anymore lol looks good stamkos playing like would deserve north of 10 million good to see the bad

wth we coulda had forsberg think of the top three lines dammmmitt

the ugly suckstar and carle holy shiot batman what a cluster ****

i have faith in nestea and coco puffs in one day taking out sustr and carle thank the lord jesus that we will actually have two defenders who will take guys out of the ****ing play

anyway loved a lot about last night triplets had a couple moments drouin passing back to stamkos on a rush wow stamkos was shocked thats a goal in the future :)

hose love you man but the sooner we get rid of sustr and carle the sooner this team becomes what it can be and honestly should be and surely needs to be

if only we had taken forsberg i would live with the two idiots bringing the ship down

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You're getting trolled pretty hard.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
the good the bad and the ugly

starting with drouin the ugly not sooo ugly anymore lol looks good stamkos playing like would deserve north of 10 million good to see the bad

wth we coulda had forsberg think of the top three lines dammmmitt

the ugly suckstar and carle holy shiot batman what a cluster ****

i have faith in nestea and coco puffs in one day taking out sustr and carle thank the lord jesus that we will actually have two defenders who will take guys out of the ****ing play

anyway loved a lot about last night triplets had a couple moments drouin passing back to stamkos on a rush wow stamkos was shocked thats a goal in the future :)

hose love you man but the sooner we get rid of sustr and carle the sooner this team becomes what it can be and honestly should be and surely needs to be

if only we had taken forsberg i would live with the two idiots bringing the ship down

Forsberg is amazing, a guy who's 6'1 and plays bigger than he is, all those feeds to Neal is what he could've done with Stamkos. Koekkoek is still getting better but I don't think he'll be the impact guy Forsberg is.

And then of course there's the Connolly over Fowler pick (instead we signed some other LH'd D-man to a 6 year 5.5m contract *ahem*)

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Whats funny is, we could have taken Forsberg which in turn could have had us taking Jones in that draft haha weird to think.

But yes the Connolly over Fowler was one of the dumbest moves in this regimes history.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Whats funny is, we could have taken Forsberg which in turn could have had us taking Jones in that draft. haha weird to think.

But yes the Connolly over Fowler was the one of the dumbest moves in this regimes history.

Until he's traded, bought out, or taken for a ride out to the farm and never seen again, it will be that Carle contract.

(kidding about the ride to the farm, kind of)

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Until he's traded, bought out, or taken for a ride out to the farm and never seen again, it will be that Carle contract.

(kidding about the ride to the farm, kind of)

haha yea but having Fowler may have held Yzerman back from ever signing Carle which in turn would have saved this whole catastrophe, where's a dulorean when you need one.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This is the Stamkos I give $10M and a Coke over 8 years without a second of hesitation. His line totally dominated the game even though I'd like Drouin to be a bit more responsible overall.
The triplets still have chemistry issues, only Palat is showing up with a minimum of consistency, Johnson, despite a decent defense, is too often invisible offensively and Kucherov's turnover machine, way too nonchalant for my taste but I'm not worried at all, it's the typical slow start after a short summer break.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks Palat's soccer pass on Kucherov's goal was 100% intentional, Engblom drove me crazy with his luck stuff, it was an elite playmaking move that Palat already displayed last season against Boston. Huge swing and miss by the commentating crew IMO, this pass should've been madly praised.

I really liked the Boyle-VN-Condra line also.

Ps: Hedman is a beast.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Sure. But what did Hedman average last year? Somewhere around 22.5?

Coop doesn't ride his #1D the way other teams do. There are probably some pretty good advantages to it. The disadvantage is our third pairing gets a lot more exposed than other teams'. Carle and Sustr aren't the worst D in the league. It just feels that way because they're both playing 4-6 minutes more than other bad defensemen play.

That was one of our major downfalls in the Finals too. Coop was still rolling Carle and Sustr out for regular shifts instead of giving Hedman and Stralman 28-30 minutes a game. Q knew what he had and gave Timonen and Van Riemsdyk less than 5 minutes each in game 6. That series was won and lost by the coaches. We can all say how much the Johnson injury hurt us, but it was amplified by the fact that Coop still had Johnson at center and QBing the PP with a broken wrist.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
you all know im usually one of most positive guys on here for this team but the

carle sustr thing i dont have the words my thoughts are man these two are the worst two players in pro hockey i cringe every damn time they touch the puck especially when is in offensive zone

i am like ok this will kill the momentum

in defensive zone i just pray they get the puck out and get off the ice

i find it very hard to watch them lol at this point and to think all the years watching lightning hockey and all the bad defenders we have had and how spoiled we actually are that its just these two plugs killing it lol i should be like excited all the time but i expect a dumb move a turnover a miss of net blocked shot or something worse like scoring a goal for the other team lmao

anyway im looking forward to the day they are both gone and i hate to say that

at this point i like jt brown 100 times more then these two and he is the guy i think we need to move the most and bring up another kid who can score lol but im fine with jt brown till sustr and carle move to greener pastures

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The two points should have been ours. Although our D didn't make the plays they needed to and Bish was ok but didn't come up with enough saves. I think some of those he wants back. Stamkos, Drouin and Callahan line was dominant. TKO needs to play better.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Well, what I meant was your quote made me realize my typos lol.

And yes, I know. I've been here for years and know, but I think he's genuine and just sees things completely opposite of what sane people see. I feel the need to lash out because I picture Matt Carle or Brian Lee's mothers behind the username Hose and just want to make them feel bad......very bad.

Nah, Hose knows what's up. He'll bring out something really insightful every once in a while to throw you off to his usual schtick, but then it's back to his thing.

Which is hilarious.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Very late with my thoughts again but I thought it was a very even game overall. Either team could have won and neither team played badly. Glad to see the Bolts putting in some effort again. I'm happy getting a point out of that although 2 points would have been better. Just hoping they carry that effort on to the next game which will hopefully be less of an even match-up. Can't really complain about going to a shootout with another good team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It really is interesting to see BP, who usually bite their tongue on the harsh criticism, going after Carle and Sustr. That's when you know it's bad.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
This could be another Drouin like blunder if we don't season Koekkoek and Nesterov now and continue to roll those two turds in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad