GDT: 10/20/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
1, 2, and 4th goals should've been stopped, sorry. Don't care what the other players did prior.

Puck laying in his crease, a long shot with no screen beating him five hole and a pass from the boards to the far faceoff circle. Points won't be easy on this trip and have to have two after scoring four on Rinne.

1st goal, Palat got outmuscled in the crease. 2nd, it's Shea f***ing Weber. 3rd, was that Neal's goal? Yeah right, that thing was labeled. That was a hell of a goal.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
1, 2, and 4th goals should've been stopped, sorry. Don't care what the other players did prior.

Puck laying in his crease, a long shot with no screen beating him five hole and a pass from the boards to the far faceoff circle. Points won't be easy on this trip and have to have two after scoring four on Rinne.

1st and 2nd. 4th? It's a one timer and the only person that knew Neal was over there was the guy lighting the buzzer. Bishop didn't have a chance, Carle's sorry ass is covering Casper and deciding not to look behind him. Gee, I guess that was on bishop.

Here's the thing, they scored four on a good goalie cause our defense is in the sitter right now.

We scored four on an elite goalie and should've won. It's a team effort, a concept 25 and 62 have a hard time geasping. I'll gladly throw bishop under the bus if he'd fit (LOL) when he plays bad but tonight wasn't entirely on him. The goals against were just untimely.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
hey guys just wanted to say that was a thoroughly enjoyable game(and I would have felt the same had the SO gone your way)

Would love to meet you guys in the finals (OK so we would love to meet anybody in the finals LOL)... but hey, can you imagine 7 games like that??

Cheers and good luck with the season :yo:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The 1st goal he should've had, yeah Palat got outmuscled but Bishop saw that thing all the way, even had his glove down on the ice ready to close it but it went by him. That was after a great shift in the offensive zone too, which really threw all the momentum away.

The Weber goal was a typical Weber shot, no goalie is going to stop that from where he was standing, you pray it hits you or misses.

Neal's goal was a snipers goal from one of the best snap shots in the league and the guys been on fire lately, far post and in, can't really fault Bishop there.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Let me just say that in this early season so far, Stamkos has had more better games than the entirety of last season. Could it be because there is now a certain someone on his line?

Hmmm.....

Too soon to say that, he had great games against Vancouver, MTL and 2 Rangers games early in the season last year.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The 1st goal he should've had, yeah Palat got outmuscled but Bishop saw that thing all the way, even had his glove down on the ice ready to close it but it went by him. That was after a great shift in the offensive zone too, which really threw all the momentum away.

The Weber goal was a typical Weber shot, no goalie is going to stop that from where he was standing, you pray it hits you or misses.

Neal's goal was a snipers goal from one of the best snap shots in the league and the guys been on fire lately, far post and in, can't really fault Bishop there.

The Neal goal could've been stopped. Bishop was too deep in his net. If he was out a bit more then he could've saved it.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Could we do worse than Carle and Sustr right now? I mean barring trading for a AMac and Girardi or someone like that?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
The first one was pretty weak, but the rest happened with defensive breakdowns all over the place. Weber's goal is one that's just going to beat a lot of goalies. Any other shooter, and maybe it doesn't. But Weber can score that.

It's pretty dag gon hard to stop a 108mph one timer. Isn't there some guy named Steven Stamkos with like 250 of them or something?

If you're not going to fault the only two players on the ice who cost us the game, then here ya go...

open-door-clip-art-88961.jpg

Don't let it hit you on the way out =P

Could we do worse than Carle and Sustr right now? I mean barring trading for a AMac and Girardi or someone like that?

Can we just leave Carle in Nashville? They're nice people. Never mind, I couldn't do that to them...

Oh and while we're at it...

1bCIWiF.png

Guess I should add, no I'm not serious... But man he gets annoying...

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Why is Carle and Sustr getting 17-19 minutes of icetime? They wouldn't even get half elsewhere.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We have still gotten points in every game Sustr has played.............................................................. .. . .

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why is Carle and Sustr getting 17-19 minutes of icetime? They wouldn't even get half elsewhere.

Another Coop quirk. His #1D plays about 22 minutes per night as opposed to 25-plus on other teams. Hedman, right now, is average < 21 minutes, a full minute less than Stralman. Coop just doesn't lean on guys like other coaches. Instead, he Coops. ;)

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Another Coop quirk. His #1D plays about 22 minutes per night as opposed to 25-plus on other teams. Hedman, right now, is average < 21 minutes, a full minute less than Stralman. Coop just doesn't lean on guys like other coaches. Instead, he Coops. ;)

That could also be that he had what everyone thought was a concussion like 3 days ago :laugh:

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
And he was even on a night we gave up 4 even strength goals.

Your eye for talent has been wrong on just about every person in the past 4 years. That pretty much sums it up.

Brian lee...pure dog ****
Brett connolly... sucked ass his entire career
Andrej sustr...2nd worst dman in the league

He lacks skill an d hockey iq. Stop riding him cause of a useless stat.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Your eye for talent has been wrong on just about every person in the past 4 year. That pretty much sums it up.

Brian lee...pure dog ****
Brett connolly... sucked ass his entire career
Andrej sustr...2nd word dman in the league

He lacks skill an d hockey iq. Stop riding him cause of a useless stat.

:facepalm:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
hey guys just wanted to say that was a thoroughly enjoyable game(and I would have felt the same had the SO gone your way)

Would love to meet you guys in the finals (OK so we would love to meet anybody in the finals LOL)... but hey, can you imagine 7 games like that??

Cheers and good luck with the season :yo:

Our game in Nashville last year was almost as exciting. I agree it'd be a good series, though I'd prefer someone easier to beat. :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some good things about this game...

1.) Stamkos and his line looked great.
2.) Both special teams were very good and kept us in this game and got us a point.
3.) reminded of how much I hate the shoot out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That could also be that he had what everyone thought was a concussion like 3 days ago :laugh:

Sure. But what did Hedman average last year? Somewhere around 22.5?

Coop doesn't ride his #1D the way other teams do. There are probably some pretty good advantages to it. The disadvantage is our third pairing gets a lot more exposed than other teams'. Carle and Sustr aren't the worst D in the league. It just feels that way because they're both playing 4-6 minutes more than other bad defensemen play.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I just realized all my typos while typing half asleep on my phone this morning...

:handclap:

Hose was also a huge Anders Lindback supporter. So much so that he barely had time to defend Teddy Purcell and Ryan Malone.

Lately it's all about Sustr, which has left the likes of Morrow and Carle to be thrown to the wolves.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
It wasn't the typos. If you haven't figured out Hose's schtick by now, there's no hope for you.

Well, what I meant was your quote made me realize my typos lol.

And yes, I know. I've been here for years and know, but I think he's genuine and just sees things completely opposite of what sane people see. I feel the need to lash out because I picture Matt Carle or Brian Lee's mothers behind the username Hose and just want to make them feel bad......very bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad