FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
No Burns :cry:

maye run with

Nieto-JT-Pavs
Patty-Juicy-Hamilton
Wingles-Hertl-TK
Brown-desi-Shepp

Give Hertl a shot at centering the 3rd line, a little taste...

JodyShelleysNo1Fan

Feb 22, 2007
I thought it sounded weird at first when I saw that he was out because of a stick to the gums....Hockey players don't miss 2 games for hurt gums let alone 1, especially a guy like Burns.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Hmm, you think it's bone damage? Like a cracked maxilla?

600px-Maxilla_anterior.png

I mean, he doesn't have any teeth to damage. Unless it's bleeding like LZ's friend experienced.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
He is on the top line at even strength. Thornton is on the 2nd line and Pavs is on the 3rd and both of them double shift with regularity or take some odd shifts with other wingers.

By "top line" I meant Thornton's wing. I think he'd be a good fit there (Fast, good forechecker, shoots from everywhere, etc.).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I did notice after the Ottawa game that his mouth would look strangely red. So maybe hes bleeding still. Very weird.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I haven't read through the GDT but did I hear right that Burns has returned to San Jose for surgery???

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
All of these injuries are going to be a blessing in disguise, or we are once again going to bleeped over by injuries to a team that finally seems to have the right mixture of grit, skill, speed, youngsters and veterans.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
All of these injuries are going to be a blessing in disguise, or we are once again going to bleeped over by injuries to a team that finally seems to have the right mixture of grit, skill, speed, youngsters and veterans.

This is 2008-09 but with the injuries happening early rather than in the middle of the season. It's only a good thing if they get all these guys back with time to gel, which they should, and then stay healthy.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
This is 2008-09 but with the injuries happening early rather than in the middle of the season. It's only a good thing if they get all these guys back with time to gel, which they should, and then stay healthy.

Would rather have this now..than in March. The Sharks would be really ****ed.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Any kind of issue with his gums or jaw that required surgery would easily put him out of commission for a fair bit. It's a very sensitive area and you can't wear a mouth guard or a full cage because of the swelling and pressure you would apply.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Any kind of issue with his gums or jaw that required surgery would easily put him out of commission for a fair bit. It's a very sensitive area and you can't wear a mouth guard or a full cage because of the swelling and pressure you would apply.

I don't think any surgery was mentioned.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Speaking from experience, you can get quite the upset stomach from swallowing too much of your own blood. If it is a bleeding problem, Burns would probably be quite uncomfortable and lacking the rest he needs.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
So burnzies missing both games this weekend? They said he headed back to sj yesterday if that's the case maybe la game. What about havlat?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 29s
Burns left #SJSharks in Boston. Now back in San Jose.

Confirming earlier reports.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
He prob has a concussion

Doubt it. If it were the case, Sharks would be calling it an upper body injury, instead of a mouth/facial injury.

He took a stick to chops twice, once while mic'd up for CSN. He sounded in a lot of pain and you could hear the trainer say that he was "bleeding pretty bad." In the clip, you could see him spit out a lot of blood, right after saying he took a "heavy stick" to the upper part of his mouth.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Doubt it. If it were the case, Sharks would be calling it an upper body injury, instead of a mouth/facial injury.

He took a stick to chops twice, once while mic'd up for CSN. He sounded in a lot of pain and you could hear the trainer say that he was "bleeding pretty bad." In the clip, you could see him spit out a lot of blood, right after saying he took a "heavy stick" to the upper part of his mouth.

It was the goalie stick correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad