GDT: 10/18/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Window closed after we lost to the Avs.
I don't think it's necessarily closed, but I'm not seeing this year as a contending year for many reasons. It's still another 6 weeks or so until Cirelli and Bogo return, and if they don't start playing like an NHL team before then, their return might not matter much.

Bedrad in TB is going to be lit
Still doubt the team will be that bad, but could only imagine the bitching if somehow Tampa landed him lol.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
All these effing national televised games can go suck a donkey hole absolutely hate hearing them not calling right name and freak out at a goal lol

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think it's necessarily closed, but I'm not seeing this year as a contending year for many reasons. It's still another 6 weeks or so until Cirelli and Bogo return, and if they don't start playing like an NHL team before then, their return might not matter much.

Still doubt the team will be that bad, but could only imagine the bitching if somehow Tampa landed him lol.
It is absolutely closed. We are middle of the pack.

Going to be a ton of denial on here. We look awful.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You don't want to pile up all these early season L's because you can be on the outside looking in on the playoffs come Christmas and be in trouble

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

They look awful right now, yes. 2 or 3 new players will take time to fit(if they do), and two regulars are out for a while. A team with Stamkos, Kuch, Point, Hedman and Vasy hasn't had their window shut, but right now, only Stamkos is producing and the defense is awful. If they are still this bad after 15 or 20 games, then yeah, I'll write this season off, but beyond this year the team is still a playoff caliber team ans still may have another Cup in them.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
This is somewhat similar to our start last season.

-We had a 4-3-1 record for October with 2 of the 4 wins coming in OT
-Stamkos had 5 goals, 12 points in 8 games

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I actually don’t think Perbix played too badly. The first goal came from his side, and he was slightly out of position, but it was a deflection off of vasy and he had no forward help to cover the flyer near the crease. Team defense is terrible, and the forwards, especially the centers, are just as guilty of sucking.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't like defensemen with minus next to their names. Right now I am looking at Sergachev and asking some questions. Like how does a guy playing on a team that went to the finals last year and won a cup the year before only a plus 11 over those two years? As of today the dude is a minus 4 in 4 games. Those 38 points he once had could be made up by nearly anyone getting 23 minutes of ice a night.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

It is sad to see we have a great core but nothing behind it. We miss Mac. Sergi and Drago trying to fill the gap but so far not going well. There is just not a good answer to address secondary scoring. I mean is Stammer was not hot as hell right now what would GF look like. Scoring 2 per game after weakening the D in the off-season is going to hurt. Of course we’re not as bad as we look right now but then again it is never good to be a one line offense. I mean even Paul is struggling. Everyone has a favorite player to bust on and later it will be a dog pile. And I’m sure it will be killer that takes the abuse here. But there are plenty of warts on this team now. Yeah Killer is slow but know what the faster guys are not doing anything either.

Oh well it’s early in the season the team is not close to the last three years and the rest of the East improved there teams so it’s frustrating, could be a long year. I’m not sure what will happen when the yearly injuries start.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is exactly as I feared. We're just gonna live and die by special teams and try to win by out-defending our scoring problems.

f*** it. Tank for Bedard and I'm half serious

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Zero energy all night. Lifeless game, very disappointing for a home opener. Looked like a scrimmage, nobody finishing checks and sloppy, broken plays all over. We need someone who actually plays with balls to inject some life into the game. The record doesn't concern me but the lack of intensity/energy is frustrating.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Im getting major flashbacks of the 2016-17 season where we struggle bus'd the whole season till after the deadline and it came down to the final 2 games of the season

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Definitely a flat game outside of our powerplay. Didn't expect us to have a good regular season with how much extra hockey we've played this season, but starting to get a little concerned, especially since our lack of depth is manifesting.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hagel might be the first player Kucherov can't bank a puck off into the net.

Reactions: OffBy1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad