Pre-Game Talk: 10/17 8 PM ET - Game #3 - BRUINS at Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Sounds like Bergeron will be back Thursday thank god!

I'll be happy with 1 point tonight going 1-1-1 on a 3 game roadie without bergy will be fine by me

Than come home Thursday and win we need to start out very well at home this year so the boys don't lose there confidence and it gets in there head after last years embarrassing home ice record

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
WINNIPEG, Manitoba — Patrice Bergeron will miss his third straight game of the season Monday night when the Bruins face the Jets. However, Bruins coach Claude Julien expects Bergeron (lower-body injury) to join his teammates for practice Wednesday. Bergeron has been skating on his own in Boston.

While Bergeron will be watching tonight’s game from home, rookie center Austin Czarnik will be in the MTS Centre press box. Czarnik and defenseman Joe Morrow stayed on the ice well after their teammates departed from the morning skate, indicating they will be healthy scratches tonight.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...raight-game/k0IaM0iXUp4Mc7hskOSepM/story.html

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
In the Toronto game, both teams shut down the other team's main offensive threat (Matthews, Marchand), and it was up to the rest of the roster to score. Toronto's roster came through, Boston's didn't. So my top request for tonight is for scoring from any of the non-Marchand lines. Maybe a tally or two from the defense as well? Pretty please?

The Bruins also need better offensive zone entries and a better forecheck. I'd like a return of the cycling buzzsaw we saw during the latter half of the Columbus game.

I don't like Claude's second line, it has zero grit. It's not a line that's going to win many board battles.

I hope we get more from the surgery boys. Krejci and Krug's on-the-job rehabbing has not been encouraging so far. They look a step behind, both physically and mentally.

The PK has been looking pretty good, but the PP needs to step it up.

Finally, I'm hoping for a solid goaltending effort tonight. No softies, please.

Solid post. There is much to agree with here.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This game might play second fiddle to the Jays tonight for me. Hoping for a solid effort from the Bruins.

4-2 Bruins, Carlo gets his first and Krug also pots one.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Was it last season the Bruins were awful at home or was that 2 seasons ago? I can't remember, the past 2 seasons kinda blended together for me.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I don't understand Czarnik out, thought he looked good so for given his experience, I would sit Heinen over him. Either way it's all a learning experience at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad