Pre-Game Talk: 10/17 8 PM ET - Game #3 - BRUINS at Winnipeg

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...monday-game/IGmfTEAbUUJLmippIUgCqK/story.html

WINNIPEG, Manitoba — Patrice Bergeron is skating in Boston and remains day to day, according to Claude Julien, who did not rule out the center from Monday’s game against the Jets. However, given the challenge of the Boston-to-Winnipeg commute (no direct flights, unless Jeremy Jacobs cedes the keys to the private jet), it’s unlikely the Bruins would give Bergeron the green light for the finale of the three-game road trip.

Projected lineup against the Jets:

Brad Marchand-David Backes-David Pastrnak

Ryan Spooner-David Krejci-Danton Heinen

Matt Beleskey-Austin Czarnik-Jimmy Hayes

Dominic Moore-Riley Nash-Noel Acciari

Zdeno Chara-Brandon Carlo

Torey Krug-Rob O’Gara

John-Michael Liles-Colin Miller

Tuukka Rask

Anton Khudobin

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...third-lines/if2QF2dxHhRrU6ne9F40FP/story.html

WINNIPEG — Claude Julien has few complaints regarding the play of first-liners Brad Marchand, David Backes, and David Pastrnak, who have scored all seven of the Bruins’ goals. Julien has approved of the contributions from his fourth line of Dominic Moore, Riley Nash, and Noel Acciari.

The Bruins coach, however, is not satisfied with how his second and third lines have played. David Krejci, centering Ryan Spooner and Danton Heinen, has one assist through two games. Austin Czarnik, who suffered a concussion in the preseason finale, has yet to record an NHL point while centering Matt Beleskey and Jimmy Hayes.

“The lines in between, you’re hoping you can get a little bit more,” Julien said. “In Austin’s case, since he’s come back from the injury, he hasn’t quite been the same player. You hope he can find his stride again. Beleskey and Hayes have played hard. But no results. Right now, we probably need a little more from the Krejci line. You’ve got enough skill there that you hope it can give you a little more offense.”

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I wonder if tweaking those middle lines would help...

Beleskey - Krejci - Czarnik
Heinen - Spooner - Hayes

Spooner - Krejci - Hayes
Beleskey - Czarnik - Heinen

I think I like the first one more, because it takes Czarnik out of the middle.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not many players can put up points with Beleskey and Hayes as their wingers -- one of them is fine but both is a death sentence to a skilled center.

Winnipeg can play a tough game and Byfuglien can do damage physically.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Very interested to watch Laine play. Hopefully the rest of the Bruins decide it's time to contribute offensively. Hopefully....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if tweaking those middle lines would help...

Beleskey - Krejci - Czarnik
Heinen - Spooner - Hayes

Spooner - Krejci - Hayes
Beleskey - Czarnik - Heinen

I think I like the first one more, because it takes Czarnik out of the middle.

They need to do something about those lines.

With Bergeron out, the 1st set is probably the best we can hope for.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I pay for center ice, but this one is regional for me. I live in Iqaluit, not even close to the same time zzone. I guess i'll have to find a stream tonight. A real shame, I am a paying customer. Go Bruins.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dr Obvious statement here but our boys just can`t have the same start they have had in their first two games. Can`t chase the play from essentially the start of the game

Feeling like DK is having a night tonight after CJ stated publicly his line needs to contribute more

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Beleskey-Krejci-Czarnik

Heinen-Spooner-Hayes

I love Czarniks game but he obviously struggled a bit with faceoffs. Not that Spooner is of the elite but he has a bit more experience at the NHL dot plus it gives you the two RH and two LH centermen.

Additionally, Spooner is a center. He's too flimsy on the boards to be a wing and usually gets beat physically when trying to break it out of the d zone.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Beleskey-Krejci-Czarnik

Heinen-Spooner-Hayes

I love Czarniks game but he obviously struggled a bit with faceoffs. Not that Spooner is of the elite but he has a bit more experience at the NHL dot plus it gives you the two RH and two LH centermen.

Additionally, Spooner is a center. He's too flimsy on the boards to be a wing and usually gets beat physically when trying to break it out of the d zone.

So you would prefer that he is battling in the d-zone around his own net as a center?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I pay for center ice, but this one is regional for me. I live in Iqaluit, not even close to the same time zzone. I guess i'll have to find a stream tonight. A real shame, I am a paying customer. Go Bruins.

Centre ice is like a "road to nowhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad