GDT: 10/17/2014 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9 PM CT / 5 AM FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I kinda hope Kelser plays. I know the Wild aren't a 'tough' team but I loved Parise's response last night to go right after Kelser and had the whole Ducks team not jumped on him I think we probably would've seen him fight. Pommer and Granny jumped right in too. I think the Wild need to respond in the next game. No they don't need to cheap shot Kelser or take out one of Anaheim's players, but somebody should challenge kelser (Coyle/Prosser/Nino/Cooke/etc) and send a message that we aren't going to lay down and let other teams take liberties.

It pumps the team up too. Had that whole incident happened at the end of the second period or there was going to be overtime I think we would have come out really fired up seeing Parise stand up for a teammate and doing dirty work isn't expected of him. Guys like Coyle and Nino need to learn how to fight IMO so they can protect themselves if the need arises. Coyle certainly made Getzlaf think twice last night as well as Landeskog in Colorado.

Um... Coyle didn't really want anything to do with fighting Getzlaf.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Um... Coyle didn't really want anything to do with fighting Getzlaf.

Not at that point in the game…Im sure if he was on the ice at the end he would have had no problem dropping them especially with Getzlaf grabbing Pommer and like 3 guys on top of Parise.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I am not too worried after last night's loss.

A lot of time between games. Hard arena to win in. Crappy ice.

I thought we dominated most of the game. As has been said here and in the press, three or four guys had very good scoring opportunities and did not capitalize. It could have been 4-0 going into the third.

As for the PP, I think it is much, much better than last year. I definitely think Granlund has to be on the half wall for the first unit. You can tell the impact he has out there because the opposing D knows he can make that cross ice pass. Better movement this year but have not scored.

Overall, it's the third game of the year. Only thing I thought was terribad was Ballard.

awstaf

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am not too worried after last night's loss.

A lot of time between games. Hard arena to win in. Crappy ice.

I thought we dominated most of the game. As has been said here and in the press, three or four guys had very good scoring opportunities and did not capitalize. It could have been 4-0 going into the third.

As for the PP, I think it is much, much better than last year. I definitely think Granlund has to be on the half wall for the first unit. You can tell the impact he has out there because the opposing D knows he can make that cross ice pass. Better movement this year but have not scored.

Overall, it's the third game of the year. Only thing I thought was terribad was Ballard.

According to Russo, Koivu and Vanek are on the top PP unit in practice. Granlund gets pushed back to the 2nd unit.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
According to Russo, Koivu and Vanek are on the top PP unit in practice. Granlund gets pushed back to the 2nd unit.

even though the bottom line is that we haven't scored on the PP,, Granny has been dishing out some grade A chances,,, is it too much to ask for someone to bury one.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
even though the bottom line is that we haven't scored on the PP,, Granny has been dishing out some grade A chances,,, is it too much to ask for someone to bury one.

So we go back to the vet line and the kid line....whatever. Need to do something to get it sparked. 0-11 so far.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Last night was a tough loss but I'm happy because we definitely showed we can play with this team. I've been so sick of seeing us not being able to keep up with the elite teams. Now, we are very close to being called one of the elite teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad