GDT: 10/17/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm really impressed with how he's rounded his game out from an overall perspective. His backchecking, forechecking and leadership skills all seem to be improved this year in addition to his significant improvement in the faceoff circle... Like he is finally starting to grow into the C that we've been looking for ... I understand it's early but there's just something different about him this year..and I like it.
Yeah i've noticed it to. Maybe its just me but he seems like he's finishing his checks more and just being more active overall on the ice. I like it. Hoping the rest of the team follows suit.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Something else i'd like to point out is that Stammer is sitting at a 60% face of win percentage. I'm really impressed with how he's improved in this area of the game over the past 2-3 years.
It's crazy that Stamkos of all people is our go-to guy to take a defensive zone faceoff in a tough situation. Seems like he was awful at faceoffs just a couple of years ago, but now he's getting PK time just because he's the best faceoff guy on the team.

Reactions: Master P

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos is playing very well. So is Palat, he deserves top line time honestly.

Gourde-Point-Kuch 1A
Palat-Cirelli-Stammer 1B
Killorn-Johnson-Joseph
Maroon-Paq-Verhaegue

This could also help Yanni get going

I find Gourde is always most useful in an energy role. A lot of times, as soon as he plays with skill players, things don't go so well for him. I'd like to see him with Cirelli and Killorn. Everything about Cirelli is a little better this year. It's only a matter of time before he breaks through.

I'd also rather keep Point with Stamkos. Those two look great together, while Kucherov is killing a lot of plays. I'd rather demote Kucherov and have him play with Palat and whichever 2C isn't busy elsewhere.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Gourde-Point-Kuch 1A
Palat-Cirelli-Stammer 1B
Killorn-Johnson-Joseph
Maroon-Paq-Verhaegue

Stamkos has been our best player. Why move him down? Keep him with Point make Kuch's ass try to carry the second line. He could use a wake up call anyway.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos has been our best player. Why move him down? Keep him with Point make Kuch's ass try to carry the second line. He could use a wake up call anyway.

Who cares where they go...? It's about the minutes not "2nd line" "1st line" on paper..

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Gourde-Point-Kuch 1A
Palat-Cirelli-Stammer 1B
Killorn-Johnson-Joseph
Maroon-Paq-Verhaegue

Why are we drastically tinkering the lines after playing our best hockey of the season.....

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why are we drastically tinkering the lines after playing our best hockey of the season.....

To get Kuch going, really. Or to make Point-Stamkos better by putting somebody who's playing well on their wing. If Kucherov gets going, we should try this line out again. But for now, it's a little bit frustrating to see Point and Stamkos dominate, while Kucherov's plays mostly turn into a loss of possession.

I'm a big Kucherov supporter, but he's in a funk.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
To get Kuch going, really. Or to make Point-Stamkos better by putting somebody who's playing well on their wing. If Kucherov gets going, we should try this line out again. But for now, it's a little bit frustrating to see Point and Stamkos dominate, while Kucherov's plays mostly turn into a loss of possession.

I'm a big Kucherov supporter, but he's in a funk.

Yup. I feel like he’s a baby tho and taking him off that line would cause him to have a hissy fit.

Kuch seems to be in a funk often. It’s annoying as hell.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yup. I feel like he’s a baby tho and taking him off that line would cause him to have a hissy fit.

Kuch seems to be in a funk often. It’s annoying as hell.

Less than other players, in the big picture. And he still scores a point per game, even when he's playing his worst hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad