GDT: 10/17/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, no sign of Palat after he was hot all night. I think he could have played over either Johnson or Killorn, even though both were pretty good tonight, and Killer was good in OT. I don't think Palat had a point but was likely our best player all night. Just like the old days.
He should have been in over Gourde and Johnson I think. Killorn has always been a great 3-3 guy so I can see why Cooper likes him there.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
It was our most solid, controlled performance so far. We looked like a veteran team.
Exactly, Cooper is actually doing a really good job this season. We dont run and gun, we playing calm in a energy saving mode, paying attention to defense.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Same. It was a cowardly play because he knew there would be no repercussions.

Good guys win at least.

Stamkos showed GREAT leadership today. When Killer smacked his stick off the ice in frustration, Stammer immediately went to him, gave him some pats on the chest and said good job. And then scores the shootout winner when no one else could. He's taken a step this year I think.
We can only hope next time we meet, Witkowski goes out and takes care of business.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I liked this win. A lot.
Not just because it was a division rival. Not just because it was the Eastern Conference champion Bruins. And not because The Rat's end of game shenanigans and his hit posts DIDN'T pay off...although all of those are good enough reasons to like this win.

No. I really liked it because it felt like the Bolts gutted one out.
Constantly behind and constantly under siege, they bent, but sure as hell didn't break.

Boston did all their damage on the PP, so yea, the Lightning need some PK work, but 5 on 5, TB withstood Boston's surges, put together some of their own, and I always felt like the Lightning were never really deflated in any phase of the game...EVEN after giving up the tying goal late in the game.

It is the type of composed win that, if TB can do this on the regular, yea, they MAY lose more games than they did last season (kinda hard not to when you put up 62 wins previously), but they still will win many and the character being built up during the season in contests like these against this caliber of opponent should prove invaluable in the post season.

Next up....the very fast, very exciting, and very dangerous Colorado Avalanche.
Stanley Cup preview? Maybe....
And I like TB's chances with their newfound 'composed attitude'.

Go Bolts GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I liked this win. A lot.
Not just because it was a division rival. Not just because it was the Eastern Conference champion Bruins. And not because The Rat's end of game shenanigans and his hit posts DIDN'T pay off...although all of those are good enough reasons to like this win.

No. I really liked it because it felt like the Bolts gutted one out.
Constantly behind and constantly under siege, they bent, but sure as hell didn't break.

Boston did all their damage on the PP, so yea, the Lightning need some PK work, but 5 on 5, TB withstood Boston's surges, put together some of their own, and I always felt like the Lightning were never really deflated in any phase of the game...EVEN after giving up the tying goal late in the game.

It is the type of composed win that, if TB can do this on the regular, yea, they MAY lose more games than they did last season (kinda hard not to when you put up 62 wins previously), but they still will win many and the character being built up during the season in contests like these against this caliber of opponent should prove invaluable in the post season.

Well said :thumbu:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

maxresdefault.jpg

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I would say that's true for tonight, but not really for the season.
We had only 2 important games so far. Against Toronto and Boston. And won both. On the road.
What more do you need? Another 60+ wins? No thank you.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Another tough road win. Kuch is stir fried crap right now. Love him but he's a liability and hats off to Stammer who is giving 150%. Shattenkirk sure does shoot a lot.

Great win. Still a work in progress. They were trapping us...a lot. We are gonna see that non stop. Some team shave the players and structure to do it against us...some do not.

Nice win boys.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Another tough road win. Kuch is stir fried crap right now. Love him but he's a liability and hats off to Stammer who is giving 150%. Shattenkirk sure does shoot a lot.

Great win. Still a work in progress. They were trapping us...a lot. We are gonna see that non stop. Some team shave the players and structure to do it against us...some do not.

Nice win boys.

I didn't see much trapping. Bruins were just in the passing lanes a lot and set picks like CRAZY.

The PP just needs Kucherov to get his head together.

The PK is just a hot mess.

That first PP unit was hot garbage tonight, not just Kuch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I didn't see much trapping. Bruins were just in the passing lanes a lot and set picks like CRAZY.

That first PP unit was hot garbage tonight, not just Kuch.

Yeah, but when Kuch is Kuch, the rest of them only touch the puck long enough to get it back to him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We had only 2 important games so far. Against Toronto and Boston. And won both. On the road.
What more do you need? Another 60+ wins? No thank you.

I don't think any of the games have been important. I'd just like to see us play well at ES with a little bit of consistency. We got that tonight. We were good against Toronto, but we more/less out-gunned them. Here, held Boston to very few scoring chances 5v5. This is the kind of win I'd like to see a lot more of.

Hell, I'd have taken it as a positive sign, over all, even if we'd lost. We played really well. Just gotta get the PK together. Step 1: Remove Shattenkirk. That's not what he's here to do.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If we can get Kuch going and get a decent Pk going I think we'll be fine. As everyone knows the real test comes in the playoffs. I wonder if we add someone like Krieder at the trade deadline if possible.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Best 5v5 game so far. Still gotta stay out of the box but I felt some of the calls were questionable. Play a good special teams game as well and this win looks pretty lopsided. They will get better at the PK. They were good at it last year at least until the playoffs. So hopefully that gets better as season goes on.

That was the most active I've seen Cooper behind the bench at least what I saw. He and Stammer looked like they were disagreeing on something. However he was a little animated back there compared to him just standing back there chewing his gum. He has to know some things have to get better this year or hes out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's implying we played a run and gun style last year, we didn't.

A lot of our wins last year looked like the MTL game. Offensive outburst to get a lead, and then phone in the rest.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
A lot of our wins last year looked like the MTL game. Offensive outburst to get a lead, and then phone in the rest.

Yes, which is the exact style he's saying we didn't do last year. We did and it was efficient to get by the regular season with minimal injuries and controlling the minutes of our top guys. As we're going right now, nothing is secured and the games aren't coming by as easily or controlled as they were last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad