GDT: 10/15/15 - Wild @ Coyotes - 9PM Central / 5AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Did they fix it... Correctly?

Don't recall Porter being out there for nearly that long. Although that may be a good sign that he did what he needed to do.

I think it's still messed up something fierce.

They still have all the 4th liners out more than the 3rd liners(and some 2nd/1st liners) at 5v5. Dumba didn't have 22 minutes 5v5 time.

They made adjustments, but still not accurate.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yup, correctly.

Scandella went from 10mins up to 22mins. He actually led the D in TOI. Suter had 21mins, Dumba 20, Spurgeon only 15 along with Brodin, and Prosser 12.

I think it's still messed up something fierce.

They still have all the 4th liners out more than the 3rd liners(and some 2nd/1st liners) at 5v5. Dumba didn't have 22 minutes 5v5 time.

They made adjustments, but still not accurate.
The Wild had to kill 5 penalties in the 3rd period. I think the 4th liners legit got more time than the 3rd liners as a result. They were out there killing penalties.

Dumba had 20:14mins, Scandella was at 22:15.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yup, correctly.

Scandella went from 10mins up to 22mins. He actually led the D in TOI. Suter had 21mins, Dumba 20, Spurgeon only 15 along with Brodin, and Prosser 12.

The Wild had to kill 5 penalties in the 3rd period. I think the 4th liners legit got more time than the 3rd liners as a result. They were out there killing penalties.

Dumba had 20:14mins, Scandella was at 22:15.

Russo just tweeted that its still all sorts of messed up, and the NHL doesn't plan on fixing it. Lots of things still look off even if its better than it once was

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I am sure I saw Porter on the PK in the 3rd period.

By the way, Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time tonight. Horrendous.

Also, That Coyote rookie Duclair might be a talented kid, but if keeps up his antics, like face washing veterans, and taking runs at Brodin with a fake head check, someone is gonna drop that sumbeach like a sack of potatoes pretty quick. Someone needs to remind him, that he's got to earn it first.

Last but not least, Can't understand for the life of me why Russo keeps saying Suter looks good. He and Scandella have been borderline awful this season, considering their talent and previous season's play.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I am sure I saw Porter on the PK in the 3rd period.

By the way, Some of the worst officiating I have seen in a long time tonight. Horrendous.

Also, That Coyote rookie Duclair might be a talented kid, but if keeps up his antics, like face washing veterans, and taking runs at Brodin with a fake head check, someone is gonna drop that sumbeach like a sack of potatoes pretty quick. Someone needs to remind him, that he's got to earn it first.

Last but not least, Can't understand for the life of me why Russo keeps saying Suter looks good. He and Scandella have been borderline awful this season, considering their talent and previous season's play.

Obvious answer is sample size although your 3 game observations may have truth to them. I think it hurts Scandella to play with Folin/Prosser (especially Prosser) instead of Spurgeon. They had great chemistry together.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
8 minutes of TOI for Nino? Wasn't he playing on the 2nd line?

The stat sheet from last game is totally wrong. I was watching nhl.com while watching the game, and the timer at nhl.com was stuck at 16:39 left at 2nd period until there were just a few minutes left.

He played as much as he normally would, IIRC.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Well...he probably did end up playing a little less since we spent basically the entire third on the PK. He even served the two minutes for our too many men penalty so there's that too. Not a typical game just in general for everyone.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im much happier with the wild boys effort last night , if not for the refs trying to keep the home team in it. i didnt think any of the 3 phx goals were dubnyks fault. good game lets hope we have something left in the tank for tonight. i was impressed with domi & duclair.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think Suter has looked pretty good. To me it's Brodin and Scandella who have been pretty bad.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, Brodin is starting slow. He made a great play on that puck behind Dubnyk last night, but he hasn't been his normal self so far. I'm sure he'll turn it around.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That's weird. I think Suter has been really good, Scandella has been good, Sourgeon so-so, and Brodin/Dumba trash.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
our D was 6th best last season (GAA) with almost 1/2 season of sub par goal tending, i think once they start clicking again we will be amazed at how good this group is.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
our D was 6th best last season (GAA) with almost 1/2 season of sub par goal tending, i think once they start clicking again we will be amazed at how good this group is.
I agree. It's been kind of a shaky start, but I don't doubt that they'll be able to find their groove.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
This seemed like the first game in a long time where Spurgeon played like his actual size. He usually takes what people think they can do to him and turns it against them, but he just kept getting knocked off the puck.

I thought Coyle and Fontaine looked great. Coyle finally looks like we kept being told by the staff he looked for the past two years. Fast, physical and tenacious. Fontaine came out flying and exhibited an excellent sense of where he and/or the puck should be. He had some great passes last night that got or kept the team in the offensive zone.

Anytime I noticed Scandella, it was for something good. Some takeaways and a beauty of an assist. Anytime I noticed any other D not named Suter, it wasn't for good things.

The swarm of bees was background noise, and I don't mean that in a bad way. What would be a standout game for anyone else is Parise's norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad