GDT: 10/15/15 - Wild @ Coyotes - 9PM Central / 5AM Suomi - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Kings haven't won a game and they're going to kick our ass. Do yourselves all a favor and don't watch the game tomorrow. :laugh:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
But this is something that went back to last year. Making games close in the 3rd by letting off the gas. They had a strong 40 minutes tonight, which is good. But this is the second straight game with a 3rd period let down. I know they play tomorrow night, but that doesn't mean they should stop skating and forget about being aggressive. It's a long time habit.

But I'm excited that Vanek actually has two goals this early in the season, so I won't lose sleep over it. ;)

Every team in the league does this. And every fanbase is frustrated by it. Score Effects are not a myth.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Every team in the league does this. And every fanbase is frustrated by it. Score Effects are not a myth.

Yup. Not even sure how conscious the "turtle" effect is because I can't believe that they would just let themselves get dominated although I believe when you have a 2 or 3 goal lead in the 3rd their can be a tendency to shift the play to the perimeter and "turtle" even if you don't really mean to.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Judging by the emoji, I don't think he is.

I'm not so sure... this is the same guy who was all "the sky is falling" just prior to the season starting because Koivu was still centering the 2nd line.

I think he totally means what he posted.

That's for sure, well much better 3rd periods.
One of the 3 3rd periods the Wild has played was one of the best 3rd periods in franchise history.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I'm not so sure... this is the same guy who was all "the sky is falling" just prior to the season starting because Koivu was still centering the 2nd line.

One of the 3 3rd periods the Wild has played was one of the best 3rd periods in franchise history.

I wasn't serious about tomorrow. The sky isn't falling. We all know this team is good but not great. We don't have a #1C that's common knowledge. Koivu should be on the third line and Granlund the 2nd.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali

True. But the last two have been horrible and it's starting to get routine.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Koivu is better than a 3rd liner.

This team is winning games when we aren't at the top of our game. That's a sign of a very good team. We're good.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How did Coyle only get 10 min TOI, Fontaine 7, and Porter 14 1/2? When he was on the ice, I thought Coyle was one of our best players. And I thought Fontaine was a decent PK'er?

I did think Porter was OK, but still...

On the positive side;

The forwards

Suter

Scandella

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
How did Coyle only get 10 min TOI, Fontaine 7, and Porter 14 1/2? When he was on the ice, I thought Coyle was one of our best players. And I thought Fontaine was a decent PK'er?

I did think Porter was OK, but still...

On the positive side;

The forwards

Suter

Scandella

Stat sheet is all messed up tonight. Not accurate at all.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Stat sheet is all messed up tonight. Not accurate at all.

No, they fixed it... Porter was showing over 20mins earlier... he officially had 14.

I think the 3rd line's icetime was killed by all the penalties... which also elevated Porter's icetime by contrast.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
No, they fixed it... Porter was showing over 20mins earlier... he officially had 14.

I think the 3rd line's icetime was killed by all the penalties... which also elevated Porter's icetime by contrast.

Did they fix it... Correctly?

Don't recall Porter being out there for nearly that long. Although that may be a good sign that he did what he needed to do.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Hm. Thats interesting.

I don't recall seeing Porter on the PK at all personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad