GDT: 10/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Dallas VS Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you want a good laugh:

Scoring chances
Dallas: 10
TB: 38

Yeah, we looked like a former version of ourselves. The one that could outplay a team but then have huge defensive meltdowns (and the odd goalie catastrophe) and just finding a way to lose the game.

I think Drouin orchestrated 5-7 chances on his own. And even though they didn't get on the score sheet, the Triplets were buzzing in the 3rd.

Our PK right now is terrifying (to us) though.

Hopefully we take this as a wake up call and take out our frustration on Buffalo. Or at least use the game to tighten up leaks.

The upcoming road trip is a beast and we'll be lucky to win half the games.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Yeah, we looked like a former version of ourselves. The one that could outplay a team but then have huge defensive meltdowns (and the odd goalie catastrophe) and just finding a way to lose the game.

I think Drouin orchestrated 5-7 chances on his own. And even though they didn't get on the score sheet, the Triplets were buzzing in the 3rd.

Our PK right now is terrifying (to us) though.

Hopefully we take this as a wake up call and take out our frustration on Buffalo. Or at least use the game to tighten up leaks.

The upcoming road trip is a beast and we'll be lucky to win half the games.
I wanted to wait before jumping on the Drouin bandwagon but he's getting really dominant. Very promising. I agree we've been losing games on special teams so far.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wanted to wait before jumping on the Drouin bandwagon but he's getting really dominant. Very promising. I agree we've been losing games on special teams so far.

Yeah, and I don't even really include the PP on that yet, because, really, even though we sometimes look completely dysfunctional with the man advantage, the actual results have been satisfactory so far. So I think the jury's still out. But the PK has been atrocious.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think power plays have the advantage early on in the season. Then the book gets written on all of them and the penalty killers do better. That explains why we had a good power play statistically at the start of last season, and then our PK got stronger and stronger as the year went on.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we are lucky to see drouin stamkos working does anyone question the triplets?

no they will get it together is good that we finally have two legit lines was hoping to see this myself so soon we will play lightning hockey and start rolling so no issues

the pk pp will fix itself as did last season main concern would be the triplets and i cannot find myself to worry over them lol at all so its all good

we will put it together and do a run is great we get some time off in days and play buffalo to start this off lol

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Well, to take a positive out of this game... Drouin and Stamkos were really good

I thought Drouin was great. Stamkos when he wasnt shooting was not so much. The funny thing to me is, the guy is so talented, he can look like crap with the puck all game, but with just two shots he can keep you in it.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
we are lucky to see drouin stamkos working does anyone question the triplets?

no they will get it together is good that we finally have two legit lines was hoping to see this myself so soon we will play lightning hockey and start rolling so no issues

the pk pp will fix itself as did last season main concern would be the triplets and i cannot find myself to worry over them lol at all so its all good

we will put it together and do a run is great we get some time off in days and play buffalo to start this off lol

I wouldn't mind trying to switch Callahan and Kucherov for a game and see how it goes. Perhaps I've been spoiled, just they have really left a lot to be desired. (TKO )

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
haha that's funny...

I called Coop this morning and told him what I expect. Lol

PK is whats costing us right now. 5 on 5 we're doing fine. TKO still needs to step up a bit, but looked better tonight at times. 27-92-24 is gold. Bishop didn't have a great game tonight, needs a bit of a rest.

Gotta do something about the PK and PP, but mostly the PK. Last year our PK was decent, this year its just not working.

Happy the top line is taking off but we need more from the other lines and the special teams need to be looked at which seems the PP units have been changed at practice today.

Tonight was like a greatest hits collection of what's so good and so bad about Stamkos rolled into one game. 2 big goals, countless brain dead moments. One brain dead moment actually led to the Namestnikov goal.

You would think if Stamkos has a 3 point night we would win those games. Lol

I wouldn't mind trying to switch Callahan and Kucherov for a game and see how it goes. Perhaps I've been spoiled, just they have really left a lot to be desired. (TKO )

I would not change the top line yet. All 3 guys are starting to really click.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I thought Drouin was great. Stamkos when he wasnt shooting was not so much. The funny thing to me is, the guy is so talented, he can look like crap with the puck all game, but with just two shots he can keep you in it.

Yes, but well, I will not complain when he scores two goals in a game :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad