T1ogINt.png

MMVDXaF.png

g0W7jmb.png

GWenptC.png

Dv7sq52.png

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We need to get better at puck possession, we haven't spend enough time in the opposite zone so far, a[n unusual] negative CorsiFor % (48%) is here to prove it. In the mean time Dallas is the best possession team in the league after [only] 3 games (58 CF%). With Dallas' offensive skillset in their top 6 I think whoever wins the possession battle has a good chance to get 2 points tonight.

Go Bolts !

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I am curies to see if they learned something from last game as well as the previous games to play a full 60 minute game which been an issue so far as well as last season. Let's go Bolts!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am curies to see if they learned something from last game as well as the previous games to play a full 60 minute game which been an issue so far as well as last season. Let's go Bolts!

Hoping Cooper learned something from last game. Lol

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hoping Cooper learned something from last game. Lol

Sometimes I really question Cooper's coaching ability. Sometimes I think he's just a guy with a solid system that is blessed with incredible talent throughout the lineup. It seems most of his coaching decisions are suspect and he really struggles to make adjustments.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sometimes I really question Cooper's coaching ability. Sometimes I think he's just a guy with a solid system that is blessed with incredible talent throughout the lineup. It seems most of his coaching decisions are suspect and he really struggles to make adjustments.

Yeah but he has made good decisions in the past. As per last game He did a few things that I thought were wrong. Benched Drouin for some shifts who was having a great game, moved up a struggling Killorn with a struggling Stamkos and put Flip with Stamkos that goal against was waiting to happen, and think he pulled Bishop too early. We were down by one not two.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah but he has made good decisions in the past. As per last game He did a few things that I thought were wrong. Benched Drouin for some shifts who was having a great game, moved up a struggling Killorn with a struggling Stamkos and put Flip with Stamkos that goal against was waiting to happen, and think he pulled Bishop too early. We were down by one not two.

That's the thing though, I can't think of any good decisions he made that weren't blatantly obvious and even then it took him much longer to do it than it took for us to realize it. Maybe I'm just tired and not remembering some things so please remind me. Heck, even TKO was something he just stumbled upon. That wasn't some genius line combo he came up with.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Coop has always pulled goalies as close to the two minute mark as he can. Usually it takes a few seconds for him to get the opportunity. It's a trend that's catching on NHL-wide.

As for the rest, I think Coop is a guy who knows how to motivate people. Seems like guys really like playing for him. I think that's his main asset, and when you surround that with talent, it can be deadly.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
I don't think he pulled Bish too early I think the issue was that he puled him on the faceoff, which we were horrible at all night. Wait until we have possession for the love of god.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Not that there is anything wrong with working on puck movement however what the team really needs to work on is shoting the puck at net through traffic during PP...and also work on the faceoffs.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I believe this is a statement game. They need a rebound win after the loss, and to get ready to start our win streak over.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Coop has always pulled goalies as close to the two minute mark as he can. Usually it takes a few seconds for him to get the opportunity. It's a trend that's catching on NHL-wide.

As for the rest, I think Coop is a guy who knows how to motivate people. Seems like guys really like playing for him. I think that's his main asset, and when you surround that with talent, it can be deadly.

Nah I've been happy with coop for the most part there are some issues , and just don't like how he handled Drouin and others last game.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Stupid hockeystreams, renewal is all messed up. Have to watch a crappy stream today. Go Bolts, hopefully I can watch the game.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Need to get better in the FO circle. This team is always a threat to score when they have the puck. I know that is obvious talk but our team is stacked offensively. We need to win FOs, puck battles, and play real solid defense when we don't have the puck. This is the formula our team has taken to win games but even though we have won some games we still aren't our best at these things. Once they are able to sharpen those watch out NHL.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
[nhl]847226[/nhl]
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...2249876?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Paquette hasn't played since a Sept. 26 exhibition in Dallas, where he suffered a left foot/ankle injury blocking a shot. But Paquette has mostly been a scratch recently due to the strong play of all four Tampa Bay lines, including the fourth unit with Brian Boyle, Vladislav Namestnikov and J.T. Brown.

"It's never easy to sit when you're healthy," Paquette said. "But I was banged up at the beginning, and the team was winning. I understood the situation, but I'm ready."

Paquette said his time sitting out has helped his injury - which required five stitches - so he feels close to 100-percent, other than the discomfort that's caused wearing a skate.
Goalie Ben Bishop will be in net, making his fifth consecutive start to open the season. He's one win shy of setting a franchise record for wins, having already tied Nikolai Khabibulin (83). "It's exciting," he said. "Obviously it'll be an honor, but at the same time, hopefully we can set the bar pretty high."

Stupid hockeystreams, renewal is all messed up. Have to watch a crappy stream today. Go Bolts, hopefully I can watch the game.

NHL Center Ice has a free trial until October 27th. Check your TV.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He does that late in games - sits Drouin. I don't think it's a performance thing. Last season he did the same with Kucherov at the beginning of the season.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
That's the thing though, I can't think of any good decisions he made that weren't blatantly obvious and even then it took him much longer to do it than it took for us to realize it. Maybe I'm just tired and not remembering some things so please remind me. Heck, even TKO was something he just stumbled upon. That wasn't some genius line combo he came up with.

Cooper has a great system in place, but when was the last time he made an in-game decision that really turned the tides or "wow'd" anyone. He lucked out in forming TKO because of a delayed shift.

Not saying Boucher was better but there was a ton of times during the 2010-2011 season where he made coaching decisions in game that affected the outcome and you could really say he out-coached the opposition, ironically he had a very poor system in place.

Cooper looks like he just sits back and hope the system will work itself out, when Boucher was down a goal he'd be scrambling on the bench and on his whiteboard, Cooper is sitting there chewing gum whiling rolling TKO every other shift hoping they'll save the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad