GDT: 10/14/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Buffalo Sabres - 6:30 - NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I think people are going a little over-board with their expectations for tonight.

Buffalo isn't that bad and the Wild have proven themselves as anything but world beaters. It's not often that the Wild completely pull away from teams and I don't expect it to happen tonight.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I think people are going a little over-board with their expectations for tonight.

Buffalo isn't that bad and the Wild have proven themselves as anything but world beaters. It's not often that the Wild completely pull away from teams and I don't expect it to happen tonight.

2nd Best corsi/fenwich vs 2nd worst. I'll take my chances. But it's the first big road trip so I'm expecting a tight one.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Everyone should expect a win nothing less. The score really doesn´t matter if we still dominate.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The mighty blackhawks couldn't win over the sabres by a landslide, it's no given the wild can. It's possible sure, but shouldn't be expected imo.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The mighty blackhawks couldn't win over the sabres by a landslide, it's no given the wild can. It's possible sure, but shouldn't be expected imo.
^ This

Don't put the cart before the horse. They are playing a very desperate team on their home ice. If the Wild aren't prepared or take the foot off the gas, they'll find themselves in the hole. And the fans will quickly run back to the ledges.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So your not expecting us to win over them? :) A loss is a possibility but if the wild do lose it´s a really dissapointing result.

Did you not read the post at all? I said a LANDSLIDE win shouldn't be expected. Of course a win should be expected, be it 2-1 or otherwise.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
There's only 2 games tonight too, so this game will probably have a bigger audience. Don't embarrass us, boys. Take it to da houze!

BTW, I have the "C is for Cookie" song stuck in my head. It's been there for a good 10 minutes. Don't know what that means, but it can't be bad. ;)

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
There's only 2 games tonight too, so this game will probably have a bigger audience. Don't embarrass us, boys. Take it to da houze!

BTW, I have the "C is for Cookie" song stuck in my head. It's been there for a good 10 minutes. Don't know what that means, but it can't be bad. ;)
Is Cooke the first Wild player to have a goal song? Did they do it in Pit or Van for him?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Haven't we yet finally reach the point where expectations have been raised to the point where we SHOULD expect to beat the Eastern cellar dweller?

If not now, when should we raise the expectations?

EDIT: I just caught your follow-up post where you do expect a win. Good on you. Wild fans should ALL be expecting a win and a loss should piss us off.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
soooo when we play the blues , kings ducks which wild player do they fear? your saying rupp is better than scott? hmmmm not in my book. ps he wouldnt be on my team for points. ps2 could somebody post a vid of scott's one punch knockdown fight thx!

Pure enforcers are a dying breed. Who from the Blues, Kings, or Ducks is our team going to fear exactly?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Haven't we yet finally reach the point where expectations have been raised to the point where we SHOULD expect to beat the Eastern cellar dweller?

If not now, when should we raise the expectations?

At what point did I ever say we should not expect to win this game? People saying a one goal win isn't good enough is what I was trying to temper. Nobody should ever expect a landslide win in the nhl. Wild fans should get that more than anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad