GDT: 10/11 Sabres (3-0-1) v. Big Cats (1-2-0) @ 7:00 PM

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Currently first place in the league!
Call me in November.

Also call me when #17 is in the press box.

IMG-20191009-194548-2.jpg

Reactions: Franson

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The issue is them letting off the gas. They blew two consecutive 2 goal 3rd period leads.
They did let up leads in both games but I dont think it was so much them letting off the gas rather than both teams playing desperate nothing to lose hockey.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Hawk fan in peace ...
How now Jokiharju?
Last CHI game, Nylander from 1st line to 3rd line to ... scratched for Saturday night.
3 game sample too small but already see seems the guy's "want to" just ain't happening.
Didn't like the trade day made, don't like it now.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Hawk fan in peace ...
How now Jokiharju?
Last CHI game, Nylander from 1st line to 3rd line to ... scratched for Saturday night.
3 game sample too small but already see seems the guy's "want to" just ain't happening.

Playing well on the 3rd pair. Makes quick outlet passes, solid in his own zone. Happier now with the trade than the day it was announced (I hated the Nylander pick from day one).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Hawk fan in peace ...
How now Jokiharju?
In the preseason camp, he did not look very good, but as the regular season began he became a completely different player. I really like his game in recent games, he can give a good pass, he can skate, of course he makes mistakes, but overall I liked this trade from the beginning, but now I like it even more.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Post-Game Report: 10/11 vs. Florida

Posted on October 11, 2019 by Ian Ott | Leave a comment

Final Score

1st2nd3rdOTSOFinalSOG
Panthers
(1-2-1)
Sabres
(4-0-1)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Game Summary
Event Summary

Top Notes
  • With tonight’s win, the Sabres are 4-0-1 through five games. It’s the first time Buffalo has started a season with points in four straight games since the team went 4-0-1 through its first five games of the 2009-10 season.
  • Buffalo has also begun the season with wins in each of the team’s first three home games for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
  • The Sabres went 4-for-4 on the penalty kill tonight. They have now killed each of their last six penalties.
  • Linus Ullmark, who earned the shootout win tonight, has the sixth-best career shootout save percentage (15-for-18, .833) of any NHL goaltender with at least 15 shots faced in shootouts.
  • With his goal tonight, Johan Larsson now has a point in each of his last two games against the Panthers.
  • Zemgus Girgensons notched two assists tonight to record the 19th two-point game of his career. He now has three assists in his last two games against Florida.
  • With primary assists on both of the team’s goals tonight, Kyle Okposo registered his first two-assist game since Nov. 19 at Pittsburgh.
Tonight’s Goaltenders

Tonight’s Stats
TeamGoaltenderDecisionSV%GAA
PanthersBobrovskyOTL.9381.90
SabresUllmarkW.9531.85
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Updated Season Stats
TeamGoaltenderRecordSV%GAA
PanthersBobrovsky1-2-1.8823.87
SabresUllmark1-0-1.9312.86
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger
Sabres forward Johan Larsson
Sabres forward Kyle Okposo
Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons
Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt
Sabres goaltender Linus Ullmark
Panthers head coach Joel Quenneville
Panthers forward Mike Hoffman
Panthers goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hawk fan in peace ...
How now Jokiharju?

Yeah, that sounds like Nylander. He has plenty of skill to succeed, but he just plays such a soft/timid game.

Joker's been impressive so far. Real calm game, excellent breakout passes.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Hawk fan in peace ...
How now Jokiharju?
Joker has been pretty good considering my expectations were pretty low compared to others. Smart plays and he's being sheltered on the 3rd pairing. He's in a position to succeed.

As far as Nylander goes, I hope he succeeds but he's not talent enough just to show up and play. He probably has to refine his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad