GDT: 10/11 Sabres (3-0-1) v. Big Cats (1-2-0) @ 7:00 PM

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
For all the finger pointing at different players for allowing Florida back in the game, Krueger has to bear some responsibility. Did he even call timeout when the Panthers were taking control?

Most decent opportunities to do so were after icings, and you can't call timeout there anymore if you iced it.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Touche, but he didnt play with as much tenacity this game. I was very impressed with his two-way game this season. This game? He seemed to be frustrated. Barkov is a beast, tho.

I thought the shift where he bulldogged into the Panther zone, got flattened and then got up and trucked a couple of Florida players was pretty impressive. That's new. That's what I want to see out of him if he's not lighting up the scoreboard.

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
upload_2019-10-11_21-57-59.png

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
For all the finger pointing at different players for allowing Florida back in the game, Krueger has to bear some responsibility. Did he even call timeout when the Panthers were taking control?

He has had issues in these late 3rd periods for sure, at least the last 2 games. I wouldn't call McCabe/Risto a calming influence back there either, they resort to winging the puck

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
The Sabres have learned that points in the beginning of the season count just as much as those at the end. Now they have to learn that goals scored in the 3rd period count just as much as goals scored in the first 2 periods.
2 teams on the ice and the other team was just as desperate as Columbus the other night.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
You should look at your gameday posts and realize 90% are negative and ask why
Yet, I still don't let out on my fellow fans.

I'm pessimistic about the Sabres, and it may annoy some of you, but I have respect for every one of yall because we share a common interest.

Also, I have given this team a lot of props, but I have given them a lot of shit as well. I think some of you focus too hard on what goes against your views. I mean, I gave Scandella and Okoposo props tonight. Something I thought I'd never do. I also criticized two of my favorite players- Reinhart and Eichel.

So, I'd say I'm an even 50/50 with the love/hate relationship.

Also, if you want to see me happy go luck check out the Bills thread. I rock with them hard. Love everything they are doing right now.

Reactions: joshjull

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This defense could absolutely carry them long enough for the forwards to get worked out.

The upgrade of Miller and Joker over bums from last year has been significant in transition. I'm really enjoying the play we have seen so far.

I hope management looks at what they have right now, and look to invest in another nhl top 6 forward.

They have Cozens, Asplund and Tage as cheap nhl talent over this year or next. Now might be the time to trade a future package for a serious upgrade. You got a window of Dahlin's cheap deal.

Does replacing Sobotka with Toffoli provide the depth necessary to have a strong top nine, and hope for the youth on the fourth line.

Or potentially the Risto plus trade for Laine is just hanging out there.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Just took a look at the schedule. Three days off until the next game, but they have four games next week. They better get their rest in now.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Stole a point? We literally had 7/8 grade a player on goalie chances that game that resulted in zero goals. In OT Casey should have scored on open net. Well deserved win.

Reactions: Ralonzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad