GDT: 10/11 Boston Bruins vs Washington Capitals 7pm ET NESN, FX-CA, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
No this is a case of a team with some key pieces missing or coming off off-season surgery, and several forwards being AHL calibre.

Lucic is coming off a BROKEN HAND/WRIST. You want him punching people in the head - now, in October - when we're running with so many rookies as it is? Why do people not get this?

because, you don't understand.

they've been following this team since june of 2011!

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Habs 0-3 in third, their coach changed all lines...now 3-3 !!! Even if they lose , they have a coach who have intelligence to try to do something and made adjustments during game, our ugly potato clode is the weakness of this team

-------
I hate to double check after the game... cause it's an easy call. When stubborness succeed we won't come on this board.

On the other hand, Therrien is a really good game coach and adjust fast and isn't scare of moving players and bringing emotion.

Boston is actually easy to play against. No surprise. Grinding with our actual roster will be tough.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Not blaming Rask but he was outplayed in that first period. Allowing 2 goals on seven shorts . The Bruins dominated that period and come out losing 2-0

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
On a serious note, I would bag skate the hell out of them tomorrow.

That way, when Colorado bag skates them monday, the message truly will be sent

I'd have them all report to Wilmington in the morning.
But I'd tell the coaches to stay home.
See if they can figure it out.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Habs 0-3 in third, their coach changed all lines...now 3-3 !!! Even if they lose , they have a coach who have intelligence to try to do something and made adjustments during game, our ugly potato clode is the weakness of this team

What combination of mud, a bag of rocks, boat anchors & lead do you think would have made a difference tonight?
I'm with you conceptually, but the line combos seemed like less of a problem than individual lack of effort.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Gonna be a ****** week coming up

****** indeed. The sky isn't falling (is it?), but it's going to be rocky for a stretch.

I keep b*tiching in every thread possible that the Boychuck trade, whatever "flexibility" it affords, creates two problems where one existed. Now, you've got a serious deficiency on the back end *as well as* a problematic picture up front. As noted elsewhere, 2014-15 now looks like a "punt year."

Totally unnecessary. Hope I'm wrong. Frustrating and depressing. :(

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
I haven't seen the Bruins play this bad in years. Something seems really off with this group as they atleast used to get ****** off when they played bad. Tonight, they looked like losing was no big deal to them.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
On a serious note, I would bag skate the hell out of them tomorrow.

That way, when Colorado bag skates them monday, the message truly will be sent

Yeah-color me totally not hopeful Monday is going to end well.

If Krejci is back that is at least one cog back on track but I don't know that it's going to fix what's broken.

Maybe it is just a team working the kinks out but right now they look like a bubble or bottom feeder team-the passing is terrible, they can't score and even the defense looks suspect.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I've said this before but I will repeat-

I can handle anything from this team but lack of effort. I won't tolerate it.

This team isn't working. They're not skating, not hitting, not making the little plays that lead to scoring chances. They're standing around out there with their heads up their @$$es.

Lose if you must but for ****'s sake make the other team earn it.

--------
I can't but lack of effort. These guys are professionnel and we have been looking at alot of these players for a moment now.

But they do not have energy and do not seem happy. I have issue with chemistry actually more than effort. But it's an impression.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
****** indeed. The sky isn't falling (is it?), but it's going to be rocky for a stretch.

I keep b*tiching in every thread possible that the Boychuck trade, whatever "flexibility" it affords, creates two problems where one existed. Now, you've got a serious deficiency on the back end *as well as* a problematic picture up front. As noted elsewhere, 2014-15 now looks like a "punt year."

I'm still pissed over the Boychuck trade.
To me it was like I'll take an aspirin today in case I have a headache next week.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Nyquist's goal tonight... Show us some of that. Also, couldn't Howard have given us a chance like on that 1-0 goal instead of the Ducks? :p:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not blaming Rask but he was outplayed in that first period. Allowing 2 goals on seven shorts . The Bruins dominated that period and come out losing 2-0

This team has 3 stinking goals in 3 games.Rask not problem.Trading Seguin was beginning of the end for few years.Dallas Nill suckered him in hard.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

I agree with this, Chia took the one area that was Stanley Cup worthy and took a 2/3 defenseman out of the rotation weakening their one strength. Like you said he has now created two problems when it wasn't necessary.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No chance for him on any of the first three goals.

Not a goalie in the league would have stopped those shots by Ovie.

The defense left Ovie alone and had they done their jobs Rask never would have been in a position to need to make those saves.

member 96824

I've said this before but I will repeat-

I can handle anything from this team but lack of effort. I won't tolerate it.

This team isn't working. They're not skating, not hitting, not making the little plays that lead to scoring chances. They're standing around out there with their heads up their @$$es.

Lose if you must but for ****'s sake make the other team earn it.

A freaking men

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Out: Iginla, Boychuk, Benning, Ward

In: Fraser, McQuaid, John Ferguson Jr., Sacco.

All part of the plan (McDavid).....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad