GDT: 10/11 Boston Bruins vs Washington Capitals 7pm ET NESN, FX-CA, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not a pretty GDT as I got up late and have some stuff to do.

Your regular, spiffy GDT will return on Monday..

For a few giggles here's Caps new Head Coach Barry Trotz after their SO loss to Montreal last night..

BzjYZWtCQAEyePC.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While i'm super pumped about the new tv deal, watching a hockey game on FX seems...bizarre.

I'm all for it though.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hmmm. Caps gotta get that background sitch figured out.

Um...I haven't decided if I'm going to this game yet. As frustrating as it seems to have been playing against the Caps the last few years with a healthy center corps, putting this current unit on the ice whilst braving the new pitfalls of the Garden like Harry Pitfall doesn't quite have the allure of staying home on the couch and watching with a plateful of teriyaki wings. :laugh:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

We needed some of this last night. :)

Stop Ovechkin, you stop this team. We should score a lot... well, aside from the fact that their average goalie looks like Hasek against us.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Do the Caps still have Holtby? We're getting shutout then.

For whatever reason every other team in the league can light him up like a Christmas tree but we can't score on him for anything.

Ovie has been moved back to the left side-not sure if Dougie can stop him but I figure the team will put Chara or Bergy in his face as much as possible.

Seids really has fun matched against Ovie so maybe we see Bart in again with Seids on the right side. Don't think Seids has all his rust off yet.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Time to panik:scared::scared:

2 games in and the world is falling to pieces.

Hopefully the Bruins can put in a great effort and this is the last game that Krejci misses.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Holtby always seems to play like a superstar against the Bruins. Also, I'm assuming he played well vs the Habs if he only gave up 1 goal. If Trotz can finally do the unthinkable and implement a proper defencive scheme in Washington, we may be in store for third straight 2-1 game.

A Healthy Kelly*

this one might get ugly imo. could serve as a wake-up call if so however

of course, hoping for a spirited effort and for fraser to maybe wear thinner socks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Holtby always seems to play like a superstar against the Bruins. Also, I'm assuming he played well vs the Habs if he only gave up 1 goal. If Trotz can finally do the unthinkable and implement a proper defencive scheme in Washington, we may be in store for third straight 2-1 game.

Holtby does well against the B's. He is a decent young net minder.

I hope the boys start working out some of the kinks.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
May this is the year Ovi will learn to be a 2 way player !

That`ll happen if Christmas gets moved to the 23rd of December;)

Ovi`s been around a long time now, if he can`t see the value of familiarizing himself with the defensive zone from time to time by now, I suspect it`ll never happen

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That`ll happen if Christmas gets moved to the 23rd of December;)

Ovi`s been around a long time now, if he can`t see the value of familiarizing himself with the defensive zone from time to time by now, I suspect it`ll never happen

Good Morning Andrew :)

I guess Ovi wouldn't do well on the B's.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good Morning Andrew :)

I guess Ovi wouldn't do well on the B's.

Morning to you as well, hope your doing wonderfully. I suspect the 7 hairs left on Claude`s head would disappear before pre-season game #1 if Ovi were a Bruin:laugh:

Go B`s:yo:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Caps are fast, I`ll get lambasted for it but I`d put Bart in for either Quaider or Miller tonight for added mobility

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Caps are fast, I`ll get lambasted for it but I`d put Bart in for either Quaider or Miller tonight for added mobility

This game has the making of an ugly night in Boston if we play like we did vs the Wings.

I hope I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad