Pre-Game Talk: 10/10 Game 2 - Montréal at Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Colin must be excited, what a way to do a NHL debut, hopefully he can control his nerves, Colin-Morrow pairing will be fun to watch :laugh:
Let's hope this is the game where Colin earns his spots in the top6 and never loses it again.

Edit: But Irwin there scares the ..... out of me, Winnipeg knew to attack Irwin pairing and I expect Montreal to do the same.

Last edited:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Would much rather see:

Krug-McQuaid
K Miller-Trotman
Morrow-C Miller

Matt Irwin is an absolute bum.

1 bad game does not make a player. I'm happy to see a bit of a leash being given here. In the past, a mistake like that would have led to 3 minutes of ice time the rest of the game and a healthy scratch. Maybe this team is changing.....

BigBadBruins63*

How does Irwin make it into the lineup over ANYONE after the performance (or lack of) from last game? Clode will be Clode.

He definitely is against having more than 2 'rookies' on the backend at all times. Proof is in the pudding.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
How does Irwin make it into the lineup over ANYONE after the performance (or lack of) from last game? Clode will be Clode.

He definitely is against having more than 2 'rookies' on the backend at all times. Proof is in the pudding.
It's one game.

Irwin and C. Miller were paired in the preseason and looked good.

BigBadBruins63*

Perhaps Claude is letting Irwin play himself out of the line up? Otherwise... why Irwin over Trotman? His shot?

With Miller getting into the lineup, is Irwin's shot even needed? Of the two (i don't care for either), would rather have Trotman due to the fact he's young enough that there is still some potential there, while Irwin is what he is.

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
If Rask is in net, the Bruins will lose once again with that over paid moron as our goalie.

Almost every team in the league would jump at the chance to get this "overpaid bum":shakehead

Which goal that he allowed from the opener was not due to a total screwup of one of the players in front of him?

How many breakaways did he stone?

The d was not ready for the game and it showed, rask minimized the damage by only allowing five. A combination of new system and inexperience is not a good way to start the season. Only 2 of the d from Thursday played more than half the season with Boston last year. These guys were running in circles and out of position half the time.

I expect one of the d to ge either sent to Providence or traded soon to make the perform of go away point which will help motivate the d, but I don't blame rask at all

BigBadBruins63*

It's one game.

Irwin and C. Miller were paired in the preseason and looked good.

Irwin had one good game in the preseason. After his play in the last game, first game of the year or not, he should take a seat.

BigBadBruins63*

Does every team in the NHL care about this L/R garbage? Play your best Dman, who cares about their handedness. If a guy can play both sides, it doesn't matter what type shot he is.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Does every team in the NHL care about this L/R garbage? Play your best Dman, who cares about their handedness. If a guy can play both sides, it doesn't matter what type shot he is.

Yes, every team does.

Many lefties can play both sides. Almost no righties can. They have almost zero experience because there are so many more lefties. Detroit dresses 6 left shooting D men. I don't think any team has as many right D as the Bruins right now.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Most RHD have never played their offhand outside the US because there are way way way more LHD than RHD. Its not like having a LHD play their offside, or a wing play their off wing. IIRC when St. Boychuk was asked to do it for the Bruins he failed miserably. Asking C. Miller or Trotman to do it is silly.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm not looking forward to seeing that Irwin K.Miller pairing almost as much as I am excited to see Morrow/Colin.

Getting Chara back to Irwin can take a seat will be a wonderful day.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
sucks to be stuck with Irwin for now, but the Irwin/Miller pair is probably a safer bet than Irwin/Trotman (and I like Trotman).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Actually didn't think Kemppainen looked all that great vs the Jets. That being said, would much rather see Randell in this game.

Both Kelly and Kemps had rough nights but still that line was never in real danger which gives me hope.

But Randell beat Talbot for roster spot and we play Talbot over Randell, why couldn't we send him down :shakehead

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Nax talbot is not as good as Dan Paille

think Julien is hoping he'll bring some Thornton-like levity to the team.

The B's young D looked very dejected after the 3rd WPG goal and I'm thinking Julien hopes if they get in a hole again that a guy like Talbot can keep things light and fun so they don't spiral into the abyss.

Kemppainen wasn't anything special the other night so it's not like this is a huge drop-off IMO. Only a matter of time before Koko forces himself onto that 4th line anyway.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
sucks to be stuck with Irwin for now, but the Irwin/Miller pair is probably a safer bet than Irwin/Trotman (and I like Trotman).

I take an introductory course called Conspiracy 101 taught by Michael Felger and we have determined Chara is not hurt we are being feed Irwin to appreciate Z more

It's working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad