Pre-Game Talk: 10/10 Game 2 - Montréal at Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
Both Kelly and Kemps had rough nights but still that line was never in real danger which gives me hope.

But Randell beat Talbot for roster spot and we play Talbot over Randell, why couldn't we send him down :shakehead

I give Claude the benefit of the doubt in most cases (I thought his "mismanagement" of Spooner last season was completely overblown) but this is just inexcusable. The Bruins have shown a complete lack of emotion against the Habs the last couple of seasons. Randell is the exact kind of player you want in these types of games. Especially if, like you said, Kelly and Kemps didn't play particularly well against WPG. Was looking forward to seeing Rinaldo and Randell together. Would have least kept things interesting.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah, don't really care about Talbot getting in there. Fine with it actually.

Wanted Colin Miller in the lineup and I'm getting that. Perhaps he can catch the Habs by surprise tonight.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I want to see Rinaldo-Kelly-Randell ideally but I understand Talbot.

1. Kelly goes back to C where he plays well. He should also be able to get above 36.4% at the dot.

2. PK. Talbot will lead the 3rd unit. Kelly stays at the #2 unit with Loui.

3. Energy. Talbot is a royal PITA on the ice and plays with emotion every night. People thought the team lacked emotion, this should fix it.

4. Another vet out on the ice.

5. Someone has to babysit Rinaldo.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
It's one game.

Irwin and C. Miller were paired in the preseason and looked good.

No disrespect, but Irwin has not impressed me.... even in the preseason. His two goals masked the multiple defensive converges he blew. Then you have the game the other night: I thought he was the worst d man out there for both teams. Play the kids!

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I take an introductory course called Conspiracy 101 taught by Michael Felger and we have determined Chara is not hurt we are being feed Irwin to appreciate Z more

It's working

That seems a bit of a reach even by this board's standards. Maybe if he is out to help them get a lottery pick I could see it, but not to get the fans to like a marginal free agent pickup.

Irwin should be a 6-7 guy on this team not top four and it shows. On the bright side, Krig definitely looks ready for top four material. Maybe that is the conspiracy, all the experienced d play sick so "tiny" Krug has to play top four minutes and shows he deserves the time.:sarcasm:

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
No disrespect, but Irwin has not impressed me.... even in the preseason. His two goals masked the multiple defensive converges he blew. Then you have the game the other night: I thought he was the worst d man out there for both teams. Play the kids!

The only problem is that there were major system changes and only two of the starting d played more than half the season in Boston last year. All of them are inexperienced and were confused and it showed. They need some time to gel. The change from preseason game one to now is huge, hopefully it keeps getting better.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
All I want to see is the B's engaged for the WHOLE game. The past few years they've lacked that. And emotion. And heart. This is Montreal. They hate us. We hate them. Time to play like we used to against them. No short cuts! Play hard nosed hockey. Be smart and fast. I dont care if we lose (but obviously I want to win), as long as they play like they mean it. I expect them to show up.

Worried about the D. Hope Irwin sits.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

1. Kelly goes back to C where he plays well. He should also be able to get above 36.4% at the dot.

3. Energy. Talbot is a royal PITA on the ice and plays with emotion every night. People thought the team lacked emotion, this should fix it.

Talbot could be a "royal PITA" on the ice before; he needs to prove he still can be, at least to me.

Also, it's to be seen if another vet out on the ice is a positive or not.

Aside from that, I'm with you.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

No need to mess with the PK. They've been perfect so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad