3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Georgie seems to have a very good knack for stopping the play when we need him to.

which leads to far less additional high danger chances against. People can use analytics in a lot of ways for sure. But when one guys has .020% better save percentage on the same team and averaging 1 full goal against less it’s Pretty cut and dry for me. Not to mention the eye test.

Reactions: romba and Maximus

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Strome is a 3rd/4th line center seen through rose-colored glasses because we're garbage and have to play him.

I'm not even a Stepan fan. He did absolutely everything better than Strome.

I'll re-post it

Strome could be that 'Stepan-tier' 2C.

but HF hates who they hate and loves who they love. He's not a flashy player but he gets the job done.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll re-post it
Ok, and it's just as irrelevant as the first time you posted it.

Yes, some posters don't like Strome, myself included. But even his supporters admit that he's a middle-six center who is, at best, filling in at the 2C role while we find a better one.

Derek Stepan was the 1C on a team that was arguably the best in the NHL for over a calendar year.

No disrespect, but you're the one bringing the hot take here.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Strome is a 3rd/4th line center seen through rose-colored glasses because we're garbage and have to play him.

I'm not even a Stepan fan. He did absolutely everything better than Strome.
A. There is no comparison between Stepan and Strome. At least not right now.

B. The Rangers are garbage because they are paying Strome? And he is playing only because the Rangers have to pay him? Really?? What color glasses have you been watching him play through?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A. There is no comparison between Stepan and Strome. At least not right now.

B. The Rangers are garbage because they are paying Strome? And he is playing only because the Rangers have to pay him? Really?? What color glasses have you been watching him play through?
They don't have a better option.

Our center depth is some of the worst in recent memory in the NHL.

Strome could have 0 points and be -20 and he would still at least be in our middle six.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
strome has actually been quite good overall.

with all the crap weve had to deal with, discussing strome seems like rearranging the deck chairs.

hes been solid if not actually pretty damn good.

the way i see it, if filip can grab a role, that means strome will be able to slot into a spot where he can actually be even more effective.

if strome is our 3C, were in good shape on that line imo. much more than with howden.

Reactions: belford22

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Ok, and it's just as irrelevant as the first time you posted it.

Yes, some posters don't like Strome, myself included. But even his supporters admit that he's a middle-six center who is, at best, filling in at the 2C role while we find a better one.

Derek Stepan was the 1C on a team that was arguably the best in the NHL for over a calendar year.

No disrespect, but you're the one bringing the hot take here.
There's no hot-take. They have similar production and are in the same 'tier of centers'. You like one more than the other. I get it.

One was over used as a 1C
One degraded into obscurity in EDM.

What's the trend now? Stepan is trending in what direction? Strome?

They're both middle 6 centers. 'Stepan tier 2C'

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's no hot-take. They have similar production and are in the same 'tier of centers'. You like one more than the other. I get it.

One was over used as a 1C
One degraded into obscurity in EDM.

What's the trend now? Stepan is trending in what direction? Strome?

They're both middle 6 centers. 'Stepan tier 2C'
No. I already showed that.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They don't have a better option.

Our center depth is some of the worst in recent memory in the NHL.

Strome could have 0 points and be -20 and he would still at least be in our middle six.
You basically just rolled all of your hate for Haley & Staal and transferred it to a different target. Strome may not be a superstar, but is showing himself to be a good support player. At least that is what he has been in his time in NY. Have you seen his stats as a Ranger?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You basically just rolled all of your hate for Haley & Staal and transferred it to a different target. Strome may not be a superstar, but is showing himself to be a good support player. At least that is what he has been in his time in NY. Have you seen his stats as a Ranger?
I just said he's been good this year.

Once again, the responses to me are very selective.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Stepan was an amazing 2 way 5v5 center. While single-season samples of GF% can be unreliable, when it looks like this you're doing something right.

20191030_200645.png

And don't tell me he was carried by Nash/Kreider. (2012/13-2014/15, his three-year prime)
Screenshot_20191030-200923.jpg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In the end, If Strome wants 9% cap hit like Stepan or Hayes, he's gone. If he takes a reasonable offer he can be a part of the future.

All players mentioned were middle-6 centers.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I just said he's been good this year.

Once again, the responses to me are very selective.
He was also good last year for the Rangers in the same way.

And if he has been good, then your statement that he is playing only because the Rangers are garbage and have to pay him make no sense. Seems a bit oxymoronic to state that he has been playing on a good level but is only playing because the team has no choice. Maybe he is playing because he has been playing well?

And if you are honest with yourself, he has been playing that way ever since he got here.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I mean, what does Staal being out have to do with Hajek being much better than he was on Sunday?

As far as on ice play, Lindgren was certainly better than Staal has been. Structurally, the team overall was pretty sound defensively, forwards and D. Georgiev did have to make some big saves, but that’s to be expected against a team with a lot of offensive talent. There were only 3 or 4 odd man rushes.

Lots of pressure all over the ice. It can’t be attributed to Staal’s absence alone. Anyone doing so doesn’t deserve to be engaged in conversation.
Hockey is an emotional game ! Play without it and you will lose . Play with lots of it and at least you are in it....if you can stay out of the penalty box ! Was a great game . The D was still in a bit of a dishevel but attribute that to playing TB and growing pains . I prefer our on ice product last night versus what we showed the Bruins . If we can get a forward line to contain /check another club's big line and not let them freewheel like the B's....we will be OK . Quinn just has to get a line that can handle that task and the guys on it will need to buy into it .

Reactions: belford22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad