3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Because it's not true. I can at least look at the stats and identify this, what're you bringing to the table?

which stats? Because Georgiev has the better Gaa and way way better sav%. You want to talk about high danger chances of which many happen due to hank flailing causing chaos and giving up monster rebounds? I mean which stats are you looking at?

not to mention the eye test is clear as day who’s playing better who’s having a calming influence on the team. Hank was equally responsible for his team falling apart in that Boston game. If he lets that goal in and brushes it off instead of losing his mind he makes that next save. Then who knows.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And

And he should outplay Henrik. He's 14 years younger. If Hank was 23 then Georgiev stands no chance.

what does this mean? We’re obviously not comparing Georgiev to 23 year old Henrik who was about to start a hall of fame career. Sooooo yeah we’re talking about present tense

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
what a terrific effort last night. all round 10 outs 10. whatever quinn said made a difference. proud of that effort.

do not underestimate the haley fight. the energy after that was real. this team came and brought it to tampa for 60 mins.

i thought everyone was good last night tbh. georgie is showing hes a legit 1 and thats a win/win for us.

i really liked brady skjei- guy who's been roasted here lately. he was solid. when hes confident and involved, hes a very good 2 way guy. i liked his game.

ADA was also very strong again. looks like he wants the PP1 job and hes proving that hes a legit top end pmd and PP1 point man. so smooth and so composed. some real nice offensive work 5v5 too.

the -1 for the pair was a joke with that yard sale 5 man line change- perhaps the dumbest change of the yr.

lastly, for all those who were whining about taking staal out. how do you like your crow served ?

@True Blue ?? :laugh:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
By the way what’d we have 40 shots?! When was the last time that happened. Vas was really really good we honestly deserved a few more goals.

Reactions: Rongomania

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
which stats? Because Georgiev has the better Gaa and way way better sav%. You want to talk about high danger chances of which many happen due to hank flailing causing chaos and giving up monster rebounds? I mean which stats are you looking at?

not to mention the eye test is clear as day who’s playing better who’s having a calming influence on the team. Hank was equally responsible for his team falling apart in that Boston game. If he lets that goal in and brushes it off instead of losing his mind he makes that next save. Then who knows.

Yes, if only Henrik had laughed the goal off and sent one of those patented smoothie winks to the young guys on the bench, David Quinn wouldn't have called out the entire team for being a bunch of pansies and embarrassing themselves with a terrible effort. I mean, it's obvious because look at how things went for Georgiev when he stepped in for the third period.

Daily Goalie Charts | Charting Hockey

Reactions: haveandare

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Stepping into a game clearly out of control in the third period is a little different don’t you think? If anything throw that period out and Georgiev looks even better.

when you have a young fragile team screaming and flipping out losing your cool after every goal in tight games does nothing to help. You think Georgiev loses his mind after that goal to make it 1-1? No. And he makes the next save. And the team probably settles down. They had played a decent first period. It went all downhill from that goal.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
lastly, for all those who were whining about taking staal out. how do you like your crow served ?

@True Blue ?? :laugh:
Please find just one post where I whined about Staal being taken out or that I wanted him in the starting 6. My bet is that you are looking for a long time.

Let's try to actually comprehend what someone writes as opposed to only seeing what you want, shall we?

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sure but if this is a "development year" we should be giving rookies / young players extended looks instead of deferring to vets, otherwise what exactly are we developing?

I don't disagree with the fact that Kakko shouldn't be on the top line and it's mostly his own fault but I think this logic is self-defeating.
Apparently management's and the coaching staff views part of development as playing the roles and minutes that they are ready for.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Please find just one post where I whined about Staal being taken out or that I wanted him in the starting 6. My bet is that you are looking for a long time.

Let's try to actually comprehend what someone writes as opposed to only seeing what you want, shall we?

wait. you were non stop defending the decision to keep staal playing because of the "who is better" thing ??

you were towing the company line in support of the decision to dress staal every game because of your "there isnt anyone better" defense.

and something something, stifle development, they are too young, yada yada yada.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Stepping into a game clearly out of control in the third period is a little different don’t you think? If anything throw that period out and Georgiev looks even better.

when you have a young fragile team screaming and flipping out losing your cool after every goal in tight games does nothing to help. You think Georgiev loses his mind after that goal to make it 1-1? No. And he makes the next save. And the team probably settles down. They had played a decent first period. It went all downhill from that goal.
They got absolutely spanked in every department from start to finish. Boston is absolutely on fire and is a top team.

Would they have been better if hank wasn’t pissed about that goal? Maybe

Would even ideal (within reason) goaltending make them win that game with how everyone else was playing? Absolutely not.

They got outclassed in every single way by a far better team. They’re young, they’re hot and cold, Boston is a juggernaut in their prime. It happens.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

If all you've got to say are hyperbole and hypotheticals then I think we'll just agree to disagree on this one.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We shouldn’t make too much of it as it’s a one off so far, but it’s a pretty big deal that they outplayed a team like TB while playing a roster that was 1/3 21 years old or less. Good sign.

Having said that, TB needs to get it together before they blow this whole window. They’re lacking something in a big way. I’m all too happy to watch them blow it because I find their fan base on here mostly unbearable but in an objective big picture view as a hockey fan, it’s going to be a shame if they can’t get a championship out of these lineups.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wait. you were non stop defending the decision to keep staal playing because of the "who is better" thing ??
That is quite different than whining about him not taking him out.
you were towing the company line in support of the decision to dress staal every game because of your "there isnt anyone better" defense.

and something something, stifle development, they are too young, yada yada yada.
I was explaining to you what the reasoning behind's management's decision could be. We did not get into what I would do or how I would proceed. Again, please understand the debate you are in instead of just seeing what you feel like.

The ONLY other choice to me other than Staal was playing Lindgren. Not moving Smith (that did not happen). Not signing a waiver wire player to needlessly spend more money and put another blocker in front of a Lindgren (also did not happen). The ONLY other current option was bringing Lingren up. But as this is a lottery team, it did not move the needle for me that much as it was appearing that the time that Lingren was in Hartford was helping him. So railing at Staal playing did not seem like a productive use of my time.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Best I've seen them play since like early AV. Beautiful game. Cannot wait to see what Shesty does with this squad playing with confidence and energy like that.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Great win. Great effort. Chris Kreider is frustrating.
Is Quinn less of an idiot today?

Two quick points:

1. I certainly hope that Lindgren does not find himself scratched the next game. He played a very solid game, not at all different than the one I saw him play last year. Players like him are underrated because they are not "offensive defenseman", but whose presence can steady an entire unit. I said this last year, but the thing that I most love about him is that he actively defends the front of the net as opposed to reacting to players who are already there.

2. Still WAY too early, but in case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance, you haven't, Strome is very quietly picking up where he left off last year. When people were railing at why he was not traded or why he was in the line up, my observations were that a) there was no market for him at his price tab and/or b) the organization wants to see if he can continue to take positive steps forward and possibly build.

If he continues playing like this, he could bring a nice asset home at the TDL or may actually write himself into the family picture for the future. Which would make the deadline even more interesting as far as the moving parts go.

Reactions: belford22

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think the organization likes Strome and he was never dangled in trade talks.

I think he may be here longer than we realize. I’m sure they’d love for Howden or Lias to take that 3C role and run with it but Strome can play there can play wing pretty versatile player in the middle 6. He may be back next year wouldn’t surprise me.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
well I gave you stats too and you didn’t like them and gave me your own so guess so.

Yes, your stats. They're fine, and even they don't actually suggest Georgiev is outplaying Lundqvist.

5GP, 2-2-1, 2.56GAA, 92.4SV%
6GP, 2-3-0, 3.58GAA, 90.6SV%

For a goalie to have a GAA above 3.5 (!) and still have a save percentage over 90 is nuts. Just do some math.

Henrik is facing 35.5 shots against per game vs. Georgiev's 29. That's the difference between last place and fourth place in the NHL this season so far. Their records are near identical despite this. And that's not even getting into more contextual and revealing stats like GSAA or taking a moment to consider quality of competition (only Henrik has a win against a team in playoff position right now).

All you can say is that Henrik is flopping around losing his mind. Wtf is the team doing whenever he's played?

Probably we should just hire Georgiev as coach, he's so calming. In reality, both of our goalies (I am a big fan of both) are playing very, very well given the dumpster fire our skaters have been.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's not warranted is the problem. He has played fine, he isnt supposed to be a superstar, basically a 3rd line + pk guy. He was miscast as a 2c, he is closer to his potential than most on this team. The fact he is higher in the lineup than Andersson isnt his fault.
That would be fine but he doesn't excel at being a bottom 6 center.

He's awful defensively, he's a bad PKer, I'm not sure he knows where the boards are.

I don't think it's necessarily his fault. He's been rewarded for bad habits. It's the opposite of the new things we've seen from Chytil.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Is Quinn less of an idiot today?

Two quick points:

1. I certainly hope that Lindgren does not find himself scratched the next game. He played a very solid game, not at all different than the one I saw him play last year. Players like him are underrated because they are not "offensive defenseman", but whose presence can steady an entire unit. I said this last year, but the thing that I most love about him is that he actively defends the front of the net as opposed to reacting to players who are already there.

2. Still WAY too early, but in case you haven't noticed, and judging by the attendance, you haven't, Strome is very quietly picking up where he left off last year. When people were railing at why he was not traded or why he was in the line up, my observations were that a) there was no market for him at his price tab and/or b) the organization wants to see if he can continue to take positive steps forward and possibly build.

If he continues playing like this, he could bring a nice asset home at the TDL or may actually write himself into the family picture for the future. Which would make the deadline even more interesting as far as the moving parts go.

I've been a big Lindgren guy. Thought he should have made the team out of camp. Solid, simple game. Plays within himself. Seems to know what he has to do to be effective. Good night paired with Fox.

Reactions: belford22

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I've been a big Lindgren guy. Thought he should have made the team out of camp. Solid, simple game. Plays within himself. Seems to know what he has to do to be effective. Good night paired with Fox.
Yup. Someone who can be a very steadying influence on a defense. Granted still early and still has more developing to do, but I liked what I saw last year, liked what I saw in camp, and like what I saw last night. Just because someone is not a PMD, that does not make them a poor prospect.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think it's because of how long he's been here...how loved he is as a person in this community.... How he's literally given an eye for this franchise... How good we've been the entire length of his career..

It's really hard to be so cold blooded with players like him.
Cold blooded???

The Rangers have treated the guy like the f***ing pope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad