Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You look pale, you should be at home resting

:biglaugh: Since I'm self employed I could give myself the rest of the day off but there is much to do. I will at least be able to say I was available to do work even if I don't get any done.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
upload_2017-10-5_11-4-24.png

No Bergeron or Backes at the optional skate. I think there is very little chance we see either tonight.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
The Preds offense looks far from scary on paper. As long as we can score goals, I'm not worried about tonight.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Not gonna lie, i'm a wee bit nervous with Bergeron out...with Backes this team could survive without for a game or so, but not the Lord of Selkes.....

Well, we all wanted to see the youth get their shot. This game is the acid test.

Reactions: BMC

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This is going to be a crazy sports day, RedSox play game 1 in Houston, Patriots playing in Tampa Bay and the Bruins starting the season at home against Nashville. I am greedy I want all the Boston area teams to win, that would be an awesome day in sports and may as well add the Yankees losing to Cleveland and the habs getting beat in Buffalo. Can't wait for this to start, booked tomorrow off and now have a 4 day long weekend...thanksgiving on Monday here in Canada. For those going tonight cheer loud for our Bruins.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not gonna lie, i'm a wee bit nervous with Bergeron out...with Backes this team could survive without for a game or so, but not the Lord of Selkes.....

Well, we all wanted to see the youth get their shot. This game is the acid test.

Maybe we should have been more careful about what we ask for :(

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Bergy missed the first three games last year and the Bs went 2-1 without him.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
f***. Double whammy as my fantasy team is hurting with both Krug and Bergy out.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
This will be my first home opener in person. Besides announcing the 2017-18 roster, anything else cool they do during openers?

Anything outside the rink prior to the game?

I think 2014-5 for the opener, they had a Fan Fest thing outside in what used to be the parking lot by Causeway. Cornhole for the kids, $3 Dunkin Donuts gift cards for the adults. Of course, as has been said, with all the construction, that's not happening. The entire area looks pretty terrible, and it's a pain in the ass to get around - just 2 or 3 short years ago, I could get away with not wearing a jacket, because the Green Line would open up almost right into the Garden.

They've even cheapened up on the schedules. Supposedly, they're not magnets anymore; they're stickers.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/fans/promotions-schedule

My fridge isn't magnetic anyway, so I guess its a plus? They usually have the players zoom through the lights...at least the past few years.

I'd love a win....but let's face it, Nashville is a great team. I'm just thankful we only have Western Conference games for the first month, except for BUF and CBJ. It'll be interesting to see how the new players gel with the old, and to see if they can plug the (hopefully temporary) Bergeron-sized hole left in the roster.

NCBruinsfan

Oct 21, 2016
FromSomersetMa
This is going to be a crazy sports day, RedSox play game 1 in Houston, Patriots playing in Tampa Bay and the Bruins starting the season at home against Nashville. I am greedy I want all the Boston area teams to win, that would be an awesome day in sports and may as well add the Yankees losing to Cleveland and the habs getting beat in Buffalo. Can't wait for this to start, booked tomorrow off and now have a 4 day long weekend...thanksgiving on Monday here in Canada. For those going tonight cheer loud for our Bruins.
Sucks that i'm at work(west coast time), i'm gona miss the whole Sox game.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DLX9rTzU8AAtQlX.jpg:large

oA74iff.png

Tonight's Officials
130p_sutherland.jpg
130p_charron.jpg

Referees Kelly Sutherland (11), Francis Charron (6)
Linesmen Tony Sericolo (84), Shandor Alphonso (52)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs NASHVILLE, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Predators are meeting for the 26th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 13-7-1-4 record and a 68-58 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 8-3-1-0 in their 12 home games of this lifetime series with a 38-24 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins and Predators split their 2016-17 season series with each team winning their game on home ice … Boston’s 4-1 win on 3/28 snapped a 3-game losing streak vs. the Predators … They are now 7-3-3 in their last 13 games overall vs. NSH and are 6-1-0 in their last 7 vs. the Predators in Boston. - Fun Fact: The Predators are 1 of 2 teams with which the Bruins have not yet made a trade (Vegas).

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Predators tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams and the Predators’ lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins and Predators are both opening their regular season schedules tonight. - The Bruins are opening the season with a two-game home stand, as they will host Colorado on Monday afternoon … They will then face a 3-game road trip to Colorado (Oct. 11), Arizona (Oct. 14) and Vegas (Oct. 15).

SEASON OPENING GAMES

The Bruins are opening the season on home ice for the 8th time in their last 9 seasons (opened 2016-17 season in Columbus) … They are 39-37-16 overall in season-opening games and are 32-16-11 when those games are played on their home ice. - They have a 48-23-20-1 lifetime record in home openers. - They are 4-1-0 in their last 5 season openers and are 6-9-2 in their last 17 opening nights following a 9-0-3 unbeaten stretch in opening games from 1987-98. - They have gone to OT in a season opener on 10 occasions with a 2-0-8-0 record in those games … Their last season opener to go into OT came with a 3-3 tie vs. NJ on 10/8/2003 … Their last season opener to be decided in OT was a 3-2 win vs HFD on 10/8/1992.

PRE-SEASON WRAPUP

The Bruins finished their pre-season with a 4-3-0 record with wins over MTL (3-2 Sept 18), DET (4-2 Sept. 19), PHI (2-1/OT Sept. 21) and CHI (4-2 Sept. 25) and losses in DET (5-1 Sept. 23), PHI (5-1 Sept. 28) and CHI (1-0 Sept. 30). - Austin Czarnik (2-1=3 totals), David Pastrnak (1-2=3), Kenny Agostino (1-2=3) and Riley Nash (0-3=3) led the team in pre-season points, while Anders Bjork sharked the goal scoring lead with Czarnik with 2. - Tuukka Rask and Anton Khudobin played in 2 games each in goal with both splitting their 2 decisions at 1-1-0.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Patrice Bergeron’s next game will be the 900th of his NHL/Bruins career … He is 3 points shy of tying Ken Hodge for 7th place on the team’s all-time scoring list (674 points).

David Backes is 2 points shy of his 500th NHL point.

Riley Nash is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES

Torey Krug – Jaw injury suffered 9/19 vs DET (IR)

Austin Czarnik – Illness (IR)

:bruins:nashville

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I don't know about you guys but I'm not going to get a damn thing done at work today :laugh:

Me either. The ex also decided that tonight would be a good night to invite me and our daughter over for dinner and go through pictures and all that lovely sorting of bs while watching the game. Blegh. I think I may need to have a few beverages and a little sumthin sumthin before heading over. LMAO

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Longest work day ever!!!!!

Drop the puck already....We got this!!!!

Ali this is a fantastic GDT. You couldn't be more right on so many points. HF is a family and family is always there for each other.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad