OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
My gf's company may be transferring her to SoCal. We are looking for places to rent and need to know some nice areas that are affordable. Her job makes her commute around to multiple locations each day. Cities she'd need to be able to drive to are Bellflower, Lakewood, Norwalk, Cerritos, La Palma, La Mirada, La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Buena Park, Cypress, Anaheim, Orange. So we need something nice that is central to that, low crime, and affordable. I need to be able to commute to the LA Arts District for a studio. Any tips for the area would be very helpful as this is very short notice. Thanks in advance!

PM'd! I actually still am in that area alot.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
My gf's company may be transferring her to SoCal. We are looking for places to rent and need to know some nice areas that are affordable. Her job makes her commute around to multiple locations each day. Cities she'd need to be able to drive to are Bellflower, Lakewood, Norwalk, Cerritos, La Palma, La Mirada, La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Buena Park, Cypress, Anaheim, Orange. So we need something nice that is central to that, low crime, and affordable. I need to be able to commute to the LA Arts District for a studio. Any tips for the area would be very helpful as this is very short notice. Thanks in advance!
A friend of mine from LA suggested Cerritos. I think Fullerton might be cheaper and pretty decent too. The whole studio in LA Arts District kinda makes it tough.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
A friend of mine from LA suggested Cerritos. I think Fullerton might be cheaper and pretty decent too. The whole studio in LA Arts District kinda makes it tough.

Cerritos is pretty meh and Fullerton is kinda expensive since there's a big university right there and it's in Orange County which is generally more expensive.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Gonna forget as we get closer to the date, but.....

In September i'm gonna be in SF for my sister's wedding. have very limited time and availability to get out and do stuff beyond wedding responsibilities, and in total only have 5 days before i return to Asia.

If i want to get some sharks gear in SF, where should i be going?
There are no good sandwiches in Asia, where can i get a New York style hot deli sandwich?

Thanks everyone :)

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Gonna forget as we get closer to the date, but.....

In September i'm gonna be in SF for my sister's wedding. have very limited time and availability to get out and do stuff beyond wedding responsibilities, and in total only have 5 days before i return to Asia.

If i want to get some sharks gear in SF, where should i be going?
There are no good sandwiches in Asia, where can i get a New York style hot deli sandwich?

Thanks everyone :)

Will you have a car? There isn't much for great sharks gear in SF unless you're looking for just hats and t-shirts (in which pretty much every shopping mall, Dick's Sporting Goods, or Big 5 Sporting Goods in the Bay Area will have), but for solid jerseys of more variety, you'd probably be better off going to Hockey X Superstore in Oakland (like a ~30m drive from the general SF area).

Not a sandwich aficianado, but I'm a fan of Darby Dan's in South San Francisco. Any Ike's franchise location would probably suffice too.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Will you have a car? There isn't much for great sharks gear in SF unless you're looking for just hats and t-shirts (in which pretty much every shopping mall, Dick's Sporting Goods, or Big 5 Sporting Goods in the Bay Area will have), but for solid jerseys of more variety, you'd probably be better off going to Hockey X Superstore in Oakland (like a ~30m drive from the general SF area).

Not a sandwich aficianado, but I'm a fan of Darby Dan's in South San Francisco. Any Ike's franchise location would probably suffice too.

I dont think i'll have a car, but maybe. Hat and shirts was what i was going for; too hot for jerseys in BKK. Thanks man, appreciate the help!

How bout some banh mi

Every time i go home i put a consumption embargo on anything Asian haha. even rice (except if it's in a heaping burrito). Unless you have a suggestion for a colossal banh mi..... :naughty:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
After multiple re-watches over the last couple years, the Disney Lone Ranger movie isn't as bad as it got made out to be, even if it is done a disservice by being turned into Pirates of the Texas Plains starring Captain Tonto Sparrow (including a point where I swear to god that the William Tell Overture morphs into the same generic Hans Zimmer theme music that he's been repackaging for years , including as the Pirates theme and part of the score of The Rock). At least there are parts of it that feel like they would've made a good movie without the less interesting bits.

Also it made me want to play Red Dead Redemption again, so that's not too bad.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Also it made me want to play Red Dead Redemption again, so that's not too bad.

I'm planning to replay it all and undead nightmare about a month before Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out. I'm also curious if the claims that it looks way better on the Xbox X with a 4k tv is true too.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Mets-Nationals-832x447.jpg

So no mercy Rule Ehh?! LOL.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
PM'd! I actually still am in that area alot.
Cerritos is pretty meh and Fullerton is kinda expensive since there's a big university right there and it's in Orange County which is generally more expensive.
Thanks everyone for all the help. We couldn't make a move to SoCal work but we were able to get her company to accept a transfer to Davis, she's also interviewing for a higher up position at another company there so she'll have more options. We both did our undergrad there and my family lives there so the move will be a lot less painful and I get to keep my teaching gig in SF. Also, I'll still be able to go to Sharks games on occasion, which is nice.

Reactions: drunksage
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad