OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Got caught in nasty accident backup on 152 WB.

Minivan apparently collided with pickup towed RV, and from what the end result was seemed to have rolled as well. Landed on tires. Both lanes blocked.

CDF and Merced county firetrucks and two CHP cars rolled past me on dirt median. Standstill for 5+ minutes. Backup perhaps 2 miles. (Before Dino point.)

As fire trucks weren't there as I drove past guess they loaded up injured and drove them to Hollister hospital.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Developmentally, infants don't regard faces until 1 month, and they don't recognize their parents until ~2 months.

I remember watching a doc on the stages of childhood. This one part, they showed how kids have no concept of relative size.

The producers let the kids play in a kid-sized walker/pusher car, and then replaced it with a miniature version. The kids tried to climb in the tiny toy, not realizing it was a different size. They only recognized the shape. What.

No matter what, we were all idiots at some point.

I find that comforting.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I remember watching a doc on the stages of childhood. This one part, they showed how kids have no concept of relative size.

The producers let the kids play in a kid-sized walker/pusher car, and then replaced it with a miniature version. The kids tried to climb in the tiny toy, not realizing it was a different size. They only recognized the shape. What.

I find that comforting.

Reactions: slocal

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I find that comforting.

And in many cases, very little has changed since then :sarcasm:

(Just in case: no, it's not me taking a shot at you. Just my standard operating procedure to assume that people are stupid.)

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

I find that comforting.

Reminded me of this.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
So, I met Eric Musselman today (coach of the UNR Wolf Pack basketball team) and something he said kind of stood out to me I thought was interesting. Apparently they have started tracking what they call 'hockey assists' or what we would call 'second assists' as a basketball stat. They have also been having the team watch hockey games to understand how that works, and why it matters.

Thought that was kind of interesting.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
So, I met Eric Musselman today (coach of the UNR Wolf Pack basketball team) and something he said kind of stood out to me I thought was interesting. Apparently they have started tracking what they call 'hockey assists' or what we would call 'second assists' as a basketball stat. They have also been having the team watch hockey games to understand how that works, and why it matters.

Thought that was kind of interesting.

He used to be an assistant at Arizona State (my college basketball team).

I've heard the term before used many times as a college basketball fan. I don't think many casual basketball fans know what that is, though. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Be a real-life unironic Robot Chicken skit?

Well, I actually meant that I was going to write some fanfiction about the production of a highlander reboot starring Lindsay Lohan, so I guess you're close enough. :sarcasm:

In the meantime though, I'm going to watch the episode that guest-starred Rowdy Roddy Piper

Reactions: slocal

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
This viral video for this summer is the police department lip sync challenge.

Local Bay Area entries include:

CHP SF

SFPD (for a different challenge, but there may be something coming)

San Mateo County Sheriff

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
My gf's company may be transferring her to SoCal. We are looking for places to rent and need to know some nice areas that are affordable. Her job makes her commute around to multiple locations each day. Cities she'd need to be able to drive to are Bellflower, Lakewood, Norwalk, Cerritos, La Palma, La Mirada, La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, Placentia, Yorba Linda, Buena Park, Cypress, Anaheim, Orange. So we need something nice that is central to that, low crime, and affordable. I need to be able to commute to the LA Arts District for a studio. Any tips for the area would be very helpful as this is very short notice. Thanks in advance!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

I don't care how dumb the human part of the story is. Godzilla vs Mothra vs Rodan vs King Ghidorah. I am totally there.

I just hope they do something to evoke the old toho "chatter" call noise that Ghidorah used. Yeah it made no sense for a dragon thing to make that noise, but it was easily the most iconic monster roar behind Godzilla himself.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I really didn't care much about the human part but the way they set up the four of them was enough to get me really excited about the movie.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just hope they don't give Godzilla a son in this as a surprise twist.

The horror, the horror...

Or that the revelation leads to a dramatic chase through the concourse of a sports stadium inexplicably trying to cast Matthew Broderick as an action hero.

Also turns out there was a poster revealed as well:

Dip21r-VQAAKTYD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad