OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If you're wondering about the name change for BOH or why so many have a fish or owl as their avatar, admin Fugu (aka Barbara) died of breast cancer Wednesday.

Consider donating (can be anonymous) to HF pool for breast cancer research foundation in her memory here.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I don't like it that my favorite NFL team plays the Ducks goal song after every touchdown.

At least it's a good song

If you're wondering about the name change for BOH or why so many have a fish or owl as their avatar, admin Fugu (aka Barbara) died of breast cancer Wednesday.

Consider donating (can be anonymous) to HF pool for breast cancer research foundation in her memory here.

That's awful news about Fugu :(

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Got a reminder why I only watch games on the ESPN's. Sportscenter called a kid that plays 'Fortnite' 12 hours a day an athlete.

I'm so mixed about this. on one hand, i'm a traditionalist and think that if an e-sports player wants the moniker of athlete, then they should use the qualifier "e-sports athlete". On the other hand, these gamers do things that i am both physically (in terms of speed and coordination) and mentally (quick decision making) that I am incapable of, much like traditional athletes.

very mixed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'll only be interested in e-sports once machine learning AIs start competing against each other. I game quite frequently and e-sports kinda baffles me. I think a lot of is that there are so many games out there and the flavor of the month changes too often to really grab my attention.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Counter-Strike will always be king outside of South Korea. Makes me miss the days of Unreal Tournament and Quake.
We're 30 year old boomers Slo. The zoomers with their Fortnite will never understand.
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Reactions: slocal

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Can anybody give pointers on shooting in NHL 19, seems like the goalie makes the save EVERY time. I am like 0-70 on online, maybe scored 4-5 goals but can play a mean defense, just can't seem to win face offs or actually score on set up plays.

I mean, ive watched hockey for 19 years, I do the bring the goalie to the side trick, I do the the joe thornton joe pavelski pass goal from the corner to right infront, I do the ryan Merkley pass to the side of the goalie, I just cannot score a goal though. I don't know.

Last edited:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
You're doomed to be Vlasic. In all seriousness I've been fairly lucky since I just throw everything and the kitchen sink at the net and hope it goes in. I just try to create as much chaos as possible and eventually the game cheeses it up for me.

Reactions: jaleel619

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'll only be interested in e-sports once machine learning AIs start competing against each other. I game quite frequently and e-sports kinda baffles me. I think a lot of is that there are so many games out there and the flavor of the month changes too often to really grab my attention.

The only "e-sports" game I ever played was Overwatch. I was so bad that I stopped playing.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
You're doomed to be Vlasic. In all seriousness I've been fairly lucky since I just throw everything and the kitchen sink at the net and hope it goes in. I just try to create as much chaos as possible and eventually the game cheeses it up for me.
That was good advice, I finally won a game! Created enough offense to buy enough time go to OT and finished with this breakaway to win 1-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mafoofoo and slocal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad