#1 Worst Leaf regular last 20 years?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Embarrassing that Kessel is even an option on this poll...

Anyway in no particular order:

Clarkson, Lumme, Lebda, Finger

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
Raycroft, easily.

Brutal goaltender, and it hurts even more knowing that we traded a young Tuukka Rask for him.. A guy whose won a Vezina and been a top 3 goaltender in the league for a few years now..

A) Raycroft didn't ask to be traded here. JFJ made that trade.
B) Raycroft holds the record (tied) for the most wins by a goalie in the regular season.

Keep searching for your worst Leaf because it isn't Raycroft.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
How come? Worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. Makes sense he would be one of the options.

Ok, take it down a notch.

Kessel is one of the most talented players in the NHL, he's hardly a scrub like the others we've had to suffer with.

I voted other because Lebda came immediately to mind and to my shock he was not an option, considered Raycroft but nah. After looking at other names, I conclude Finger and Wallin deserve mention. But yeah, leafs know how to find those crappy players. Cory Cross, anyone?

Oh yeah, Clarkson got immediately negated from this poll when he actually got traded away. It's not so bad anymore.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
How come? Worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. Makes sense he would be one of the options.

Poll asks who was the worst Leaf regular in the past 20 years. Considering he was a top 10 elite offensive talent during his stay here he shouldn't even be an option...

Hell, even if you don't like what we gave up at least we still got someone really good back. We gave away Rask for nothing

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Dunno why Anders Eriksson isn't on that list, he was absolutely atrocious. His game 6 giveaway cost us the series against Carolina back in the day too.

Raycroft was horrible too, couldn't stop a beach ball. Toskala was horrid but Raycroft took it to another level.

People forget how bad these players really were. Clarkson was by no means the worst Leaf. He was somewhat passable, just not even close to being worth the price tag.

Lumme wasn't THAT bad.

I'd say....Raycroft->Eriksson->Aki Berg.

Jason Blake was a blackhole as well but to be fair, he played on a horrid team.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It can't be Kessel. He did half a job at least.

David Clarkson

half his job? He was brought in to score goals and put up points, he did it and excelled with terrible line mates. He did his job, embarrassing he is even an option for this poll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad