#1 Worst Leaf regular last 20 years?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Horrific stat: Andrew Raycroft shares the Leaf record for most wins in a single regular season.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I voted for Vesa Toskala.

They gave up a lot to get him and he was terrible or hurt.

Somehow he managed to bamboozle three different GMs (Ferguson, Fletcher and Burke) into believing he was a number 1 goalie.

The constant waiting for him to "emerge" set the team and organization back a few years in my books.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Horrific stat: Andrew Raycroft shares the Leaf record for most wins in a single regular season.

He had to play 72 games in order to hit that. Has any other Leaf goalie ever played that many games in a season?

EDIT: Potvin played 74 games in 96/97. Only posted 27 wins that year...

dfunk

Feb 1, 2012
Lindros?

I watched him live the year he was here. Good god was he slow.

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
Voted Raycroft only because I really wanted to see Tuuka Rask with the Leafs and was incredibly disappointed by the trade at the time (and of course looking back on the deal).

Also hated the Kessel trade at the time (even though I was a fan of Kessel).

Worst Leaf player...we've had so many over the years. I never liked Peter Ing.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
The worst part is that there is probably a contingent that blames Kadri :help:. I still remember somebody arguing after Clarkson had his horrendous 2013-14 season that he should be placed on the top line LW :facepalm:. I'm not even making that up.

I almost wished that happened just for lulz. But seriously, I can't think of a single player ever coddled and spoonfed more undeserving PP time and ES minutes than he ever deserved more than Clarkson.

That same poster also argued that he didn't succeed in Toronto because we didn't surround him with the right players. I'm pretty sure you know who I'm talking about :naughty:

I seriously wanted to puke with how much offensive opportunity he was given in Toronto for being so utterly incapable.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Lindros was damn near PPG when he was getting 1st line minutes when Sundin went down.

Yeah he was a perfect Mats replacement for a while. Then Sundin came back, Lindros got hurt, and that was the end of that.

My vote goes for Kris King. That guy made Domi look like a pure goal scorer.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
for a larf....

i should have specified i was accounting not just how useless they were but also things such as ..the cost of acquiring said asset, their term, and how badly they affected our future outcomes

and obviously i only put guys that were here more than just one bad season so the Woz's, Kostca, Pohl, Wallin's.. didn't make the cut

other candidates: Mike Komisarek, Healy, Stempniak..

Soon as I saw Kessel, Blake, Corson, Toskala on that list, it kind of voided this whole thing for me

seriously? Kessel- the dude who was 1 goal shy of 40 - one of the worst Leafs in the last 20 years? This has to be a joke and missed the 'winkie' somewhere, right? And Blake, Corson and Toskala may have not been memorable Leafs, but they're not even on the radar for worst Leaf players in 2 decades

Also- which of those players goes back 20 years, to 1995? Those guys are mostly in the last 10 years, not 20.

I thought your list was gonna be full of guys none of us can even remember, and full of guys who went as far back as the mid-90s (if it's the last 20 years as the poll indicates)

Come on man. Up your game. This is full of holes ;)

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Coincidently or not, Reimer was in net for all of our collapse in recent years.

Yeah after putting up franchise best numbers... Like, are people serious about Reimer or is this a joke? He was literally stopping every puck with his face. Not his fault that the teams advanced stats eventually caught up to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad