GDT: 1. Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM ET 1.14.2021

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Nobody is worried about Hall or Eichel.. ppl are pissed about the decision to put Thompson on an all world line for no apparent reason.
I'm worried far more concerned about the poor roster decisions and poor coaching than I am about about Tage freakin Thompson on the top line. Especially when I don't like the idea of Eichel and Hall on the same line to begin with.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I get that Skinner doesn’t need elite players to produce but him and Olofsson should be switching roles. Let Skinner play with better players 5v5 and try and capitalize his abilities to score in those situations. And then utilize Olofsson by giving him big PP minutes. Let him be OV for all I care and stay out there for the full 2 minutes. As long as he makes plays like he did tonight(on the Hall goal) which can keep the other team honest
I wouldn’t mind seeing Skinner on the 2nd line.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm worried far more concerned about the poor roster decisions and poor coaching than I am about about Tage freakin Thompson on the top line. Especially when I don't like the idea of Eichel and Hall on the same line to begin with.

Well I agree... but Tage on top line is part of the roster decisions and poor coaching.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
STAAL, not stall or stoll or stahl...

The team looked sluggish. Like it was a practice. No urgency. Poor passing(as usual). And the lack of coaching the game they kept talking about showed. Lots of individual efforts instead of team ones.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No..because Jack wasnt engaged..but he would have if Jack were going. He doesn't belong there.
What convoluted “logic”. You basically say Jack killed the line but lamely insist .... “well Tage would have killed it anyway if Jack was going good”. :facepalm:

I’m not sure Tage is a great fit for that line bit this for reasons other than ... tAGe sUcKs aNd kIllS THe LiNE.

Reactions: sabremike

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
What convoluted “logic”. You basically say Jack killed the line but lamely insist .... “well Tage would have killed it anyway if Jack was going good”. :facepalm:

I’m not sure Tage is a great fit for that line bit this for reasons other than ... tAGe sUcKs aNd kIllS THe LiNE.

Jack was still miles more effective than Tage even tho he sucked. Its not convoluted logic.. its just truth. Tage does not have the brain power, motor or ability to be on that line. The quicker the coach realizes this the better off the team will be. Tage playing at his best will be a drag on that line more often than not unless Jack and Taylor are in God mode.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Thank you for your efforts in the fight against the scourge of unglaphobia

Reactions: joshjull

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Jack was still miles more effective than Tage even tho he sucked. Its not convoluted logic.. its just truth. Tage does not have the brain power, motor or ability to be on that line. The quicker the coach realizes this the better off the team will be. Tage playing at his best will be a drag on that line more often than not unless Jack and Taylor are in God mode.

Between the two, Jack was more productive, Tage was more effective.

Hall and Tage were the ones on the line that were making plays to keep pucks in or moving pucks. Yes, Tage, flubbed a few plays, but he actually stopped and made plays on the puck to keep pucks in, to help transition the puck, and interrupt plays. Jack skated by too many loose pucks, he held onto the puck too long where his options that were open, were no longer open because he waited too long.

Jack is the better player, but he didn't play to that level. Tage had the better game.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Jack was generally not effective. I agree with the replying post that said he was more productive. Either way, I mean, what do you expect? Jack should be a top 5 forward in the league. No one on the team is as good as Hall and Eichel so I don't fully understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad