GDT: 1. Washington Capitals @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM ET 1.14.2021

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Oh well. At least they made a game of it. If not for Staal’s giveaway it may have been going to OT right now.

Lots of rust for sure. It took them a while to get in sync ans it’s still a work in progress. But I thought they got better as the game went on. Not going to overanalyze tonight’s game though. They’ve been off for a long time. Let’s see what they do tomorrow.

Reactions: Ness

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
dude I hate takes like this....so far off cant reference one game.

Well these aren't takes about his abilities as a hockey player, they're takes about physical fitness, which I think are perfectly fine to comment on at any given point. Multiple people observed the same thing tonight: Eichel and Dahlin added size and looked slow. That's just an observation of the present situation and it's probably correct.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Lucky goal, whatever

i think this was a good game for us tonight, get the feet under you and go from there. We’re gonna be a better team this year cause we can actually roll 4 lines
I don’t know that I’d say good game. I get what you’re saying. It could’ve gone a lot worse for a team that hadn’t played in 10 months. And quite honestly that’s what it looked like. It looked like a team that a) hadn’t played in 10 months, and b) has half its forward corps as new players.

I get why Ralph said he’s not gonna coach much tonight. He essentially used tonight as pre season. I’m okay with it. This loss isn’t gonna cost us the season. It’s all about how this team and coaching staff responds.

Lastly, I’d rather put a stinker up to start and continually get better every game rather than start strong and fizzle like we’ve done in previous years.

Reactions: valet

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Probably to make him stronger in front of the net...

too bad it came at the expense of his mobility

Not fair to make that judgment based on1 game after nearly a year without playing any competitive hockey. He was sloppy tonight, but so was almost everyone else on the team. These guys are not up to game speed, and it showed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad