GDT: #1|This Season on Arrested Development|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Flyers|1.19.13|15:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It's hard to fathom Sid's old line he torched the league with isn't what it used to be. Sid definitely needs some size on his line and not just speed. Hell, i'd even bring Tangradi back and put Kunitz up just to try it.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm going to agree with Cole, Despres has looked pretty good. He's made a couple rookie mistakes, but has otherwise played well.

Seriously... I can tell already I'm going to be annoyed with people on this forum claiming X player sucks and isn't playing well. Some people just see whatever they want to see and also have unrealistic expectations while at the same time not uderstanding how hockey is played.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Or Kennedy gets traded. Which is to say, never going to happen.

Honestly...I'd prefer Kennedy in that spot.

I love Jeffrey, I just think he's a far better center than winger. He's an extremely smart player, but he's not overly talented. He's not going to score 20-25 goals a year, and Kennedy can. Jeffrey's strengths are his awareness and positioning...which means he could be a damn fine fourth line center, but he's best suited for a third line job.

He's basically in the same position as Letestu was, except Jeffrey hasn't had the fluke run as a first liner. I don't think he gets traded like Letestu did, though. Not this year...having a guy like Jeffrey as a 12th/13th forward is very valuable in a shortened season.

Adams has been pretty decent today...but it is disgusting seeing him on the ice over Vitale, especially against Philadelphia.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
There has been about three different times that Martin's deflected a shot at the last second. I hate to say but he's probably been our best D-man today. Though Engelland has played well too he isn't out there against same kind of player.

Why would you hate to say that one of your highest paid defenseman, who's supposed to be one of your best back there, is living up to the bill so far?

If you'd hate to say he's been the best, does that mean you'd love to say he's the worst?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I think Adams has had the puck more than Crosby. Crosby looks winded.

MAF still fighting pucks, bad at handling the puck, and giving up big rebounds....he is making the stops though.

Tangradi needs removed ASAP from the 2nd line. He is struggling out there and costing the Pens on Malkin, Neal shifts.

Depres started to play better in 2nd period, but I still don't have confidence in him. He has been pretty bad in board battles.

Sutter, Malkin, Letang, Martin, and TK looking great. Nisky had a couple good plays too. Pens got to close this period out and get the next goal.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
There has been about three different times that Martin's deflected a shot at the last second. I hate to say but he's probably been our best D-man today. Though Engelland has played well too he isn't out there against same kind of player.

Where was this defensive play in last year's playoffs? The Pens ranked 16th defensively last year, smack dab in the middle. I expect their GAA to sneak into the top ten this year. Not top five as year before, but definately better than last year.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
In my view, as good as the Penguins were in the first period of this game, that’s how as bad they’ve been now.

Anyone else immediately think of family guy?:laugh:

Despres looks fine, works along the boards and isn't afraid to get hit. I don't know how some of you are labeling him as being bad right now. Martin also deserves props, solid play from him so far.

Big dog is looking very small and slow right now.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
Seriously... I can tell already I'm going to be annoyed with people on this forum claiming X player sucks and isn't playing well. Some people just see whatever they want to see and als9 have unrealistic expectations while at the same time not uderstanding how hockey is played.

It's always the same things, and the same posters for that matter. For as much as things change, they always stay the same.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Honestly...I'd prefer Kennedy in that spot.

I love Jeffrey, I just think he's a far better center than winger. He's an extremely smart player, but he's not overly talented. He's not going to score 20-25 goals a year, and Kennedy can. Jeffrey's strengths are his awareness and positioning...which means he could be a damn fine fourth line center, but he's best suited for a third line job.

He's basically in the same position as Letestu was, except Jeffrey hasn't had the fluke run as a first liner.

Agreed 100%, which is why I think we're seeing Jeffery in these early games and not Vitale. Management is trying to figure out what to do with DJ. Kennedy is always going to be that third line wing. It's his home until he gets priced out of Pittsburgh.

Jeffery could fit there, but is better off centering his own line. Unfortunately, Sutter is way better there.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Where was this defensive play in last year's playoffs? The Pens ranked 16th defensively last year, smack dab in the middle. I expect their GAA to sneak into the top ten this year. Not top five as year before, but definately better than last year.

That sounds realistic.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
it's pretty cool how Giroux is always smirking.

images

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Why do you hate to say it? Everyone is quick to forget that Martin was one of our best Defensemen 2 years ago; I really hope to see him return to that.

I hate to say it because every time someone types the words "Martin" this board flies into a fit. People were blaming him last year when he wasn't even playing.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I like to see that we're already in mid-season panic mode after the 2nd period of hockey.

We're in the Now Generation. We want things better now. We want our Google searches to turn up what we want/need now. We don't even want to wait 15 seconds for a freaking youtube video for Christ's sake.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's always the same things, and the same posters for that matter. For as much as things change, they always stay the same.

I don't even have the energy to argue with them anymore. Nothing you say will change their uninformed opinion.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
I hate to say it because every time someone types the words "Martin" this board flies into a fit. People were blaming him last year when he wasn't even playing.

Makes sense. I remember a few of the times when people were getting on Martin and he wasn't even on the ice. It was truly amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad