GDT: #1|This Season on Arrested Development|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Flyers|1.19.13|15:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
scratched for Jeffery.

Ah. Thanks. Not sure if I agree with that in a game like this one. Jeffrey's not going to be very effective with his skillset getting the minutes he is on the 4th. /shrug

We'll see. Hope Geno rips a slapper from the circle for the GWG next period. I miss seeing the Geno laser.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Kunitz is the only guy I see struggling. Everyone else has been pretty solid. Chemistry is off for both teams.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Id call sid average today, not "terribad". He has no line help. He looked great with geno

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
I'm going to agree with Cole, Despres has looked pretty good. He's made a couple rookie mistakes, but has otherwise played well.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ah. Thanks. Not sure if I agree with that in a game like this one. Jeffrey's not going to be very effective with his skillset getting the minutes he is on the 4th. /shrug

We'll see. Hope Geno rips a slapper from the circle for the GWG next period. I miss seeing the Geno laser.

Unfortunately for Jeffrey he's a 4th liner or bust with this team.

Jeffrey is meant to be a third line center...but that's not going to happen here unless Sutter gets moved to the top six wings...and I really want Sutter centering his own line.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
There has been about three different times that Martin's deflected a shot at the last second. I hate to say but he's probably been our best D-man today. Though Engelland has played well too he isn't out there against same kind of player.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
I'm going to agree with Cole, Despres has looked pretty good. He's made a couple rookie mistakes, but has otherwise played well.

Despres has had a couple nice plays with the puck, but he seems to get beat everytime he goes back to retrieve the puck with a forechecker bearing down.

Tangradi looks bad, 3rd line looks pretty good, Sid looks rusty, where's Kunitz?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
There has been about three different times that Martin's deflected a shot at the last second. I hate to say but he's probably been our best D-man today. Though Engelland has played well too he isn't out there against same kind of player.

Martin, Engelland, and Niskanen have been very good today. Letang has been okay and Despres has shown the flashes that he's expected to. Orpik...feh.

Our problem right now is that we're not only not sustaining offensive pressure, we're just giving the Flyers the puck in the neutral zone. Horrible period by all but about 3 of our forwards there.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Despres is playing great, too. He's making rookie mistakes, but definitely showing tenacity. I like his game.

Individually all our D is looking good. But as a scheme they need to form something, they are leaving to much gap. Nisky isn't looking overwhelmed in his new role, Orpik is looking solid with Martin. But there no true defensive tactic going.

I know it's the first game, and rust needs to be shaken off. But as a d corp they look shakey, but individually I have no complaints of any of the dmen right now.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Unfortunately for Jeffrey he's a 4th liner or bust with this team.

Jeffrey is meant to be a third line center...but that's not going to happen here unless Sutter gets moved to the top six wings...and I really want Sutter centering his own line.

Or Kennedy gets traded. Which is to say, never going to happen.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Kunitz and dupuis draw 0 attention away from sid. When the **** is he gonna get a skilled linemate.

As long as Pens fans and management continue to believe that just having Crosby, Malkin and Neal should always be enough to get the Pens to the Final every year, this will be a common theme.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Kunitz is the only guy I see struggling. Everyone else has been pretty solid. Chemistry is off for both teams.

Spot on as usual Cole. I'm so pissed about that goal. He is in perfect position just stares at the puck carrier and lets Giroux creep behind him. That's hockey 101.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.

Why do you hate to say it? Everyone is quick to forget that Martin was one of our best Defensemen 2 years ago; I really hope to see him return to that.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm wondering if I'm watching the same game other people are.

Despres has played well. Rookie mistakes should be expected, but he really hasn't put the team at a disadvantage.

Vitale should be in the lineup (as should Jeffrey), but Adams has played well enough to warrant his spot in the lineup (for now).

However, I do like a Glass-Jeffrey-Vitale option.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm seeing it this way too. Rinaldo is hitting everyone...but he's bouncing right off them. He's gotten the worse of at least half of his hits today.

That, and when he hit Engelland, about 10 seconds later Engelland pinched in from the blueline in the offensive zone and ran him over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad