1 regulation win out of 7 games....PATHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Boston got off to an awful start last year too, this isn't a new thing for defending champions.

Agreed, but most SC champs don't return with an identical team. Yes, we've had a couple injuries, but not ones that should affect the offense in such a negative way. THEN, last night when they actually do score goals, they can't keep the puck out of the net.

LombardiTool

Jun 20, 2006
Fontana, Ca
www.glendoraemc.com
You guys labeling me as dramatic should look in the mirror. All I'm saying is 1 regulation win out of 7 games for the mutha****in Stanley Cup champions is HORRIBLE. if you all feel good about it, then good for you.

It's your use of words like horrible and pathetic. Step back from the ledge. Of course no one likes this. Other than the Chicago and Anaheim game they have played competitive and could have won. The Kings identity is quality defense and when you have two stay at top quality stay at home defenseman out with injury, it's going to hurt. Hurts even worse when you pretty much got two rookies in their place. What do you want done. Guys like you love to spew adjectives to make yourself feel better. What do you want done? Mortgage our future or depth for a temporary fix. The Kings are an experienced squad that have a few issues to work out. Just relax a little. :p:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
It's your use of words like horrible and pathetic. Step back from the ledge. Of course no one likes this. Other than the Chicago and Anaheim game they have played competitive and could have won. The Kings identity is quality defense and when you have two stay at top quality stay at home defenseman out with injury, it's going to hurt. Hurts even worse when you pretty much got two rookies in their place. What do you want done. Guys like you love to spew adjectives to make yourself feel better. What do you want done? Mortgage our future or depth for a temporary fix. The Kings are an experienced squad that have a few issues to work out. Just relax a little. :p:

Dude, I'm fine....Kings won the cup, I can die happy.

I tried to make this point a couple months ago....the Kings are a STREAKY team and this shortened season could be disastrous for them if they are on the bad side of a streak. Why that is, who knows, but one thing that they have proven over the last few years, is that they are inconsistent. Elite teams don't do that....

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Frankly, the fact we are the defending Stanley Cup champions should buy us some slack, but I guess some people would rather jump on anything negative, or just troll, whichever.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Oh, you again.

You're still living in that Negative Nancy thread from last year, I see...

Man, that must be fun.

One regulation win in 7 games is no cause for concern?? For the same team that blasted thru the SC playoffs 16-4 just 7 months ago?

ok... nothing to see here, move along, ALL is going according to plan. :sarcasm:

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009

I tried to make this point a couple months ago....the Kings are a STREAKY team and this shortened season could be disastrous for them if they are on the bad side of a streak. Why that is, who knows, but one thing that they have proven over the last few years, is that they are inconsistent. Elite teams don't do that....

The Kings are pretty much the definition of a team that isn't streaky

Streaky teams are teams like Chicago, Flyers, Tampa etc. Teams that play an offence first wide open game that can leads to lots of variance

The Kings play games like PHX or Nashville. Low scoring, grind it out games that have less variance involved

Once the refs stop calling interference penalties, this team will roll

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
In 99 the Streaky Wings went 6w 6l after winning the cup. is 6 and 6 pathetic?

Then they went 6-5-2 after winning it in 01.

The Bruins went 3-7-0 after winning the cup.

The Blackhawks went 5-4-1.

We are 2-3-2 after 7 games with two very key injuries and one of the youngest teams in the league, even more so when you consider the ages of our missing players. Also, you can't argue that we have returned the same team that won the cup when we are missing two critical players who helped us win it.

Nobody likes our start but the sky hasn't fallen nor are we any more or less streaky than any other of the top teams in the league under the same circumstances. We are a very young team that is coming back after dominating our way to a cup without two of our top players (not to mention that we were without Kopi to start the season too). There are going to be a few bumps but we will be fine.

Last edited:

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
Meh, they just had a bad night. Long ride down the freeway. They answered most goals. Not the best game but I have faith it will get better.:)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings haven't returned the same team on the ice.

They are down two key players(Mitchell, Greene). Also one of them is clearly hurt still (Kopitar).

So the Kings have not returned the Stanley Cup team to the ice yet this season.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It's because there's no Westgarth.

I think I'd prefer Westgarth back in a Kings lineup over Penner now. I was curious to see how Westgarth is doing in Carolina and had to laugh at seeing him averaging less than three minutes of ice time per game, which is the third lowest total in the NHL. That's the type of minutes Penner should be relegated to.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I think Penner's career is over. He is much too slow in today's NHL to play decent minutes anymore.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
The Kings haven't returned the same team on the ice.

They are down two key players(Mitchell, Greene). Also one of them is clearly hurt still (Kopitar).

So the Kings have not returned the Stanley Cup team to the ice yet this season.

Lets not make excuses here...Kopitar is playing with a knee brace but that's not his problem. He's been taking a ton of bad penalties and spending too much time in the box. He's making mental errors on the ice that are disrupting his game which is completely out of character for him. Once he gets his head right we'll see what we're used to with Kopi.

Disastrous? That is being dramatic. It isn't a disaster if they miss the playoffs. They have plenty of talent signed long term and we all know what they are capable of. Lots of other teams have experienced the same thing and the Kings are facing a unique set of circumstances this year. If they miss the playoffs this year, out with the bad and in with the new and try again next year. That isn't disastrous unless you don't believe they key players on this team are no longer of carrying the load they did as recently as last season.

Everyone knows what a key piece Mitchell has been and I think it is even more evident after last night watching Muzzin get undressed by Nick ****ing Bonino.

Lets not make excuses here...Kopitar is playing with a knee brace but that's not his problem. He's been taking a ton of bad penalties and spending too much time in the box. He's making mental errors on the ice that are disrupting his game which is completely out of character for him. Once he gets his head right we'll see what we're used to with Kopi.

I personally think it is a bit of both. He's been making some poor choices but that could be partly to blame for his health. Either way, I think he'll turn it around soon enough.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I think the Kings are not playing with an identity right now. Wide open games is not their style, but there is no need to panic at this point. Sutter needs to get them back to doing what they do best. The Kings are going to struggle until they re-establish their dominance with team defense and a strong forecheck.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Disastrous? That is being dramatic. It isn't a disaster if they miss the playoffs.

Wow, I don't think you could be more wrong. This isn't the Detroit Red Wings who have made the playoffs the last 50 years in a row, this is an organization that has spent the last 6 years BUILDING a team that is supposed to contend for the cup year in and year out. Your OK with this team absolutely blazing through last years playoffs, winning the cup, bringing back the ENTIRE same team....but not making the playoffs? Might not be disastrous to you, but tell me what Tim Liewieke or Dean Lombardi would think about that.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
images

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Anybody with two eyes and a brain knows the Kings are off to a rough start, but there is more than enough time for them to figure it out and turn it around.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Wow, I don't think you could be more wrong. This isn't the Detroit Red Wings who have made the playoffs the last 50 years in a row, this is an organization that has spent the last 6 years BUILDING a team that is supposed to contend for the cup year in and year out. Your OK with this team absolutely blazing through last years playoffs, winning the cup, bringing back the ENTIRE same team....but not making the playoffs? Might not be disastrous to you, but tell me what Tim Liewieke or Dean Lombardi would think about that.

"This isn't the Detroit Red Wings who have made the playoffs the last 50 years in a row, this is an organization that has spent the last 6 years BUILDING a team that is supposed to contend for the cup year in and year out."

The Wings went through 40 years of total failure before they changed gears and built a winning org. Over the past 15 years they have won the cup 4 times and not made it past the second round 10 times. We have made the playoffs the past 3 years and won the cup once. We have a very great amount of talent throughout our org and are below the cap, I see us in a great position to win at least another cup if not more as well as having a great org but I guess I am an optimist.

Your OK with this team absolutely blazing through last years playoffs, winning the cup, bringing back the ENTIRE same team....but not making the playoffs?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, so 7 games of just under 500 hockey is now an entire season and we are according to you definitely not going to make the playoffs, mk.

Nobody likes or is ok with our start but freaking out and calling us done or pathetic or anything else after 7 games is at best pessimistic and more than anything else knee jerk reactionary nonsense imo. I guess we just differ in how we see things.

IF we are in the same boat at the 24 game mark then I might see some reason to be tense but since we don't have our ENTIRE team on the ice and it is only 7 games into the season I am going to wait before I start thinking about hari kari or calling our team PATHETIC.

;):p:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
"This isn't the Detroit Red Wings who have made the playoffs the last 50 years in a row, this is an organization that has spent the last 6 years BUILDING a team that is supposed to contend for the cup year in and year out."

The Wings went through 40 years of total failure before they changed gears and built a winning org. Over the past 15 years they have won the cup 4 times and not made it past the second round 10 times. We have made the playoffs the past 3 years and won the cup once. We have a very great amount of talent throughout our org and are below the cap, I see us in a great position to win at least another cup if not more as well as having a great org but I guess I am an optimist.

Your OK with this team absolutely blazing through last years playoffs, winning the cup, bringing back the ENTIRE same team....but not making the playoffs?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, so 7 games of just under 500 hockey is now an entire season and we are according to you definitely not going to make the playoffs, mk.

Nobody likes or is ok with our start but freaking out and calling us done or pathetic or anything else after 7 games is at best pessimistic and more than anything else knee jerk reactionary nonsense imo. I guess we just differ in how we see things.

IF we are in the same boat at the 24 game mark then I might see some reason to be tense but since we don't have our ENTIRE team on the ice and it is only 7 games into the season I am going to wait before I start thinking about hari kari or calling our team PATHETIC.

;):p:

Dude, read the whole thread before you put ridiculous nonsense into my mouth. I never once said the season was over or that the Kings wouldn't make the playoffs....I was talking about the horrible start of this team and discussing the streakiness, BIG ****IN DEAL. What the hell is wrong with some of you, it's a crime to criticize this team? It's taboo to point out the flaws and discuss negative aspects? Everything has to be sunshine and cupcakes or you are accused of trolling? Please tell me more about how great this season has been off to!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Dude, read the whole thread before you put ridiculous nonsense into my mouth. I never once said the season was over or that the Kings wouldn't make the playoffs....I was talking about the horrible start of this team and discussing the streakiness, BIG ****IN DEAL. What the hell is wrong with some of you, it's a crime to criticize this team? It's taboo to point out the flaws and discuss negative aspects? Everything has to be sunshine and cupcakes or you are accused of trolling? Please tell me more about how great this season has been off to!

I did read each of your entire posts and when you use phrases like "OK with this team absolutely blazing through last years playoffs, winning the cup, bringing back the ENTIRE same team....but not making the playoffs?" and call the team "pathetic" or compare us with the Wings incorrectly and more what conclusions should I and others make?

I mean, I and others have said over and over how we aren't thrilled with how we have played so far but you use such absolutes in your posts that if you aren't saying there isn't any hope then it seems like most of us aren't getting what you are trying to say.

There are lots of people who have posted their complaints about specific aspects of our play since the start of the season so nobody is saying it is a crime to do so but then nobody has said that we are PATHETIC or that our entire team sucks etc yet either.

We have yet to have our "ENTIRE" team from last years cup run back on the ice this season. We are without two thirds of our D and are relying on a pure rookie and our #7dman to fill in for them. Willie is arguably our best pure defenceman (I would still go with DD but he is still learning his craft) and he hasn't played a single game for us and Greene is out indefinitely.

Those are two pretty big players to have to replace to start the season. I believe that if WM and MG where in the line up last night that we would have won that game and the same goes with our loss to Chicago too.

In order for our team to regain its form from last season it is either going to take time for our team to learn how to play together with two new Dmen in the line up (which impacts every player on the ice when they are out there) or for our entire team to return to play.

So again, nobody is saying that our start is going great but you are alone in freaking out over our hovering around the 500% mark and making harsh judgements after 7 games.

You also insist on calling us streaky but we aren't any more or less streaky then any other elite team after winning the cup. I gave you examples of what has happened with other teams after winning the cup and to me we are in the same boat only we are still the youngest team out of the teams that I listed.

Its fine to be frustrated but to freak out so early is just over reacting to me. You have posted how bad we are after 7 games and that is cool but you are getting allot of push back from most everyone and that is also cool.

We are having an average start after 7 games and are missing WM, MG and have missed AK for a game and he is clearly not playing at 100%. We are making changes and doing the best we can while we get ourselves better. No reason to panic or at least doing so now is at the very least premature but whatever floats your boat.

Nobody is saying it isn't alright to freak out and talk about how we won't make the playoffs or how huge our problems are after 7 games, most people are just saying that you are way over reacting but again, whatever.

Its your right to say what you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad