1 regulation win out of 7 games....PATHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Who was it again that argued with me about the Kings NOT being a streaky team?

Basically, it comes down to this with the Kings....you cross your fingers they make the playoffs, then who knows? Certainly a far cry from the 'elite' teams of the league.....what a shame.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I admit, I thought this would be the year LA got into the top half of the playoff seeding.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
We went through this exact stuff last year. We should be immune to it by now since that ended up ok if i remember

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I admit, I thought this would be the year LA got into the top half of the playoff seeding.

And that's what elite teams do. They consistently compete for the top 4 seedings. I know anything can happen in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but at some point, you have to question the way our team is constructed. Constant struggle during the regular season.

RonSwanson*

Basically, it comes down to this with the Kings....you cross your fingers they make the playoffs, then who knows? Certainly a far cry from the 'elite' teams of the league.....what a shame.

Can you make another "Season's Over" prediction? Maybe that's what the Kings need right now.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
And that's what elite teams do. They consistently compete for the top 4 seedings. I know anything can happen in the Stanley Cup playoffs, but at some point, you have to question the way our team is constructed. Constant struggle during the regular season.

The San Jose SHARKS say hi ! ;-)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Perhaps its a lame excuse, others think so too, but this team is built for playoff hockey.

Not just based on last year. They had very good showings vs both the Canucks and Sharks as well. Canucks were just too good back then and Kings lacked expierence. I think we blew it vs the Sharks and Kopitar didnt even play.

Certainly not elite to compete for the top 4 seedings in the regular season, far from it. Just a team that can beat anyone and will finish somewhere around 5-8 in the conference every year.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Oh, you again.

You're still living in that Negative Nancy thread from last year, I see...

Man, that must be fun.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Oh, you again.

Man, that must be fun.
In that case.

hsfile_19922.jpeg

For OP.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
This team does need to get it's act together. There is not a lot of room for error this season. They are hard to watch right now coming off the cup and knowing how good they can be.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
"The season is over!" LOL

I will say that no team can expect to make the playoffs with 2 of their top 4 blueliners on the shelf, and Willie Mitchell is irreplaceable. It's not coincidental that the team is struggling. Jake Muzzin and Davis Drewiske are no replacement for Mitchell and Greene.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
"The season is over!" LOL

I will say that no team can expect to make the playoffs with 2 of their top 4 blueliners on the shelf, and Willie Mitchell is irreplaceable. It's not coincidental that the team is struggling. Jake Muzzin and Davis Drewiske are no replacement for Mitchell and Greene.

I'm not saying anything is over whatsoever...what I'm saying is that a 1-6 start for the SC champs is pathetic. You're gonna put that all on Mitchell/Greene? Well Greene is out for possibly the remainder of the season, so I guess it's all on Mitchell to save the season.....ummm, ok.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Boston went through something similar. Hopefully the Kings follow in their footsteps and rebound in similar fashion as well.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
They aren't 1-6. They're 2-3-2. Your fantasyland sucks.

Exactly this^.

But then I would rather wait until we were 100% healthy and have played more than 7 games to make any assumptions about how "streaky" or not our team is to start with too.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
oh man, just realized we are 3 points out of the playoffs with only 1 game in hand.

We aren't mathematically eliminated, but we effectively are, so should just give up all hope

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Anyone who screams "I told you so!" with negativity at every opportunity has issues.

Or is a child.

Ron*

Oh, you again.

Man, that must be fun.

QFT, amazing that some people have no patience and no vision...the Kings are coming together, anyone who has been watching can see that.

It won't be long before this team is firing on all cylinders.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
You guys labeling me as dramatic should look in the mirror. All I'm saying is 1 regulation win out of 7 games for the mutha****in Stanley Cup champions is HORRIBLE. if you all feel good about it, then good for you.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
You guys labeling me as dramatic should look in the mirror. All I'm saying is 1 regulation win out of 7 games for the mutha****in Stanley Cup champions is HORRIBLE. if you all feel good about it, then good for you.

Boston got off to an awful start last year too, this isn't a new thing for defending champions.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
That worthless powerplay is going to cost them games. Last night, it was the PK, and Bernier's crappy goaltending could be attributed to the terrible PK percentage last night. Three powerplay goals allowed last night, and three goals allowed by the fourth line. If you look at the game as a whole, the Kings outplayed the Ducks for the most part.

I haven't lost confidence in this group yet, with the exception of Dustin Penner and Jonathan Bernier (and Colin Fraser last night). Penner should never don a Kings jersey ever again. He's an anchor who just brings everyone around him down. Bernier is not a competitive goaltender. Get him off this team ASAP and bring in a backup who at least gives an effort and appears to give a damn out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad