1 regulation win out of 7 games....PATHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
I just wanted to say that without mitchell, this team cannot win. I don't care if we are last in offense but mitchell brings a lot to the table and his presence makes a HUGE difference for the Kings.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
On a positve note we only won 1 game in regulation and are just 3 points with a game in hand for a playoff spot, without Willie and Greene.

The bad news is these 3 point games are going to kill us. Will make it hard for us to catch up since there are like 9 teams battling right now. We got to get some regulation wins.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
What the hell is wrong with some of you, it's a crime to criticize this team?

Honestly, you lose credibility when you create threads like "I'm calling it now, the season's over" or something to that effect right before the Kings go on a Stanley Cup run.

It's OK to criticize how the teams playing, and I am certainly not happy with our results, but you do come off as a drama queen.

Pro sports are tough. Salary Cap = parity. The difference between winning and losing is very small. No need to get too high after a winning streak, nor too low after a losing streak. Keep the faith - as a long time Kings fan, I feel like the talent level on this team is too high for us to simply suck, unlike previous teams that have relied on a wing and a prayer.

Sutter is a good coach, guys like Richards and Brown will turn it around. We're a long way from the finish line.

Ron*

Honestly, you lose credibility when you create threads like "I'm calling it now, the season's over" or something to that effect right before the Kings go on a Stanley Cup run.

:laugh: I forgot all about that, talk about a "major fail." :laugh:

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Not that major at all, did you forget the Kings barely made the playoffs?

It was a major fail because

1) You created the thread with 20 games remaining in the season, and there was no way the season was over at that time, for us or any other team sans EDM or CBJ.
2) While the Kings barely made the playoffs, they also barely missed out on a Pacific title as well
3) In case you missed it, the Kings won the Stanley Cup. Our season was hardly over when you made the thread. MAJOR FAIL

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

1) You created the thread with 20 games remaining in the season, and there was no way the season was over at that time, for us or any other team sans EDM or CBJ.
2) While the Kings barely made the playoffs, they also barely missed out on a Pacific title as well
3) In case you missed it, the Kings won the Stanley Cup. Our season was hardly over when you made the thread. MAJOR FAIL

1) it was a prediction, and a pretty good one based on where the team was headed at that point.

2). We've already gone over this 100 times.

3) I was the first one to come back and eat crow, and admit I was wrong. So why this needs to be covered again, I have no idea....probably someone thinks their clever and is going to call me out. Awesome.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1156561&highlight=

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
1) it was a prediction, and a pretty good one based on where the team was headed at that point.

2). We've already gone over this 100 times.

3) I was the first one to come back and eat crow, and admit I was wrong. So why this needs to be covered again, I have no idea....probably someone thinks their clever and is going to call me out. Awesome.

I will give you credit for coming back and eating crow- props to you for that.

However, my original point remains. No need to get too high after a winning streak nor too low after a losing streak. As a fan, you just gotta keep the faith and cheer the team on. That's why we're fans, right? This isn't life or death. This is our hobby, our passion.

I've been through way too many crappy seasons to know the feeling of SUCK. I don't have the same feeling this year- I honestly feel like we can turn it around. We're not playing well right now. We all see that. But we know what the boys are capable of. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
I just wanted to say that without mitchell, this team cannot win. I don't care if we are last in offense but mitchell brings a lot to the table and his presence makes a HUGE difference for the Kings.
Wow, now that is a really big statement about the kings and Mitchell. Last I checked we have not lost every game. One player does not make a team.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I will give you credit for coming back and eating crow- props to you for that.

However, my original point remains. No need to get too high after a winning streak nor too low after a losing streak. As a fan, you just gotta keep the faith and cheer the team on. That's why we're fans, right? This isn't life or death. This is our hobby, our passion.

I've been through way too many crappy seasons to know the feeling of SUCK. I don't have the same feeling this year- I honestly feel like we can turn it around. We're not playing well right now. We all see that. But we know what the boys are capable of. They've earned the benefit of the doubt.

See, maybe were not that far apart after all because I agree with everything you just wrote....believe it or not, I feel the same. I DO believe this team can turn it around, but yet would not be surprised if they didn't (why is that????). So rather that gloating about their hot start, I'm harping about the bad start, why is that a forbidden topic?

This isn't like every other season, their are new expectations for this organization....and digging themselves in their usual hole should not be acceptable.....I guarantee its not to Lombardi, and it shouldn't be to the fans either. But it is what it is, it's what we're accustomed to....

Ron*

See, maybe were not that far apart after all because I agree with everything you just wrote....believe it or not, I feel the same. I DO believe this team can turn it around, but yet would not be surprised if they didn't (why is that????). So rather that gloating about their hot start, I'm harping about the bad start, why is that a forbidden topic?

This isn't like every other season, their are new expectations for this organization....and digging themselves in their usual hole should not be acceptable.....I guarantee its not to Lombardi, and it shouldn't be to the fans either. But it is what it is, it's what we're accustomed to....

If we win the Cup again, you will agree to put a person eating a crow as your avatar, no?

MackEatingCrow.jpg

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010

Maybe your choice of words is what's causing friction. I am unhappy with our play. No doubt. But I think pathetic is taking it a little too far, especially when the season is so young. In this league, the difference between winning and losing is one or two plays a game. We lost in OT against EDM and in a SO agains NSH (in a game we dominated). Hardly pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->