GDT: (1) Providence Bruins (vs) (8) Hershey Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I knew Svedberg's season was too good to be true. It had to balance out somewhere...

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Such an awful feeling in my stomach all night. I love this team just as much as the big guys and this is one of the most talented teams I've seen at this level in awhile. Hate to see it end like this. Just come back for Game 5 and see what happens, that is all I ask.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
They didn't come out flying like I expected, they just got tighter. The bad passes continued, including Chris Bourque giving an assist to his old team (granted, he scored a minute later). Just getting the feeling the kids are not ready for this pressure. They spent all season clinging to one goal leads at the end of regulation without getting an empty netter, and they tried to ride out the game yesterday just like in the regular season. Didn't help that the linesmen were awful either. Also, the Hershey Bears are the biggest bunch of crybabies I've seen in awhile. Every stoppage leads to a full blown makeout session with the refs.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I knew Svedberg's season was too good to be true. It had to balance out somewhere...

Svedberg actually carried his SEL team to the championship last year. so I don't think his season was "too good to be true". It could be that he's getting tired? In the SEL he played 29 regular season and 13 in the playoffs, and he has already played more games than that this year in the AHL (48).

His workload in previous seasons was far less as well, so it could be that he has hit a wall? He's only 23 and was immune to the SEL playoff pressure (13 games, 1.70 GAA, .947 Save %), so I think he will be fine. Putting Hutch in will give him some rest and could serve as a spark?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Svedberg actually carried his SEL team to the championship last year. so I don't think his season was "too good to be true". It could be that he's getting tired? In the SEL he played 29 regular season and 13 in the playoffs, and he has already played more games than that this year in the AHL (48).

His workload in previous seasons was far less as well, so it could be that he has hit a wall? He's only 23 and was immune to the SEL playoff pressure (13 games, 1.70 GAA, .947 Save %), so I think he will be fine. Putting Hutch in will give him some rest and could serve as a spark?

I've seen a lot of guys out of that league do the same (Mikko Lehtonen the best example) but do you think goalies are the same way? If he's that tired, maybe they need to shut him down....he played one game last weekend, he's had plenty of rest.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Game Three will be shown at Murphys Pub in Providence on Saturday. I know that Boston has a game that night, but I'm sure that both games will be on.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
Mark Divver:

P-Bruins just got off ice at 146 rink -- circus has taken over The Dunk -- after lively workout. Bus leaves for Hershey in an hour or so

24 players are making the trip. Koko, Button, Hirshfeld, Randell, Morrison staying in R.I. Fallstrom, Lindblad, Casto are back at school

Kevan Miller will replace Zach Trotman on D on Sat. night. Maybe one change up front. That'll be a game-time decision. Svedberg starts.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
3 of the best players at the end of the year in school.

Interesting Koko isn't even making the trip.

I was curious as to why Miller wasn't playing after being in the lineup for 64 games.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Are these guys gonna pull through?

I don't see it happening. Although Providence plays well down there historically, that is a tough building to play in on a Saturday night not to mention on back to back days and if you thought the refs favored the Bears last weekend....

And one of the refs tomorrow is Terry Koharski. Great. Never know what he'll do.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Mark Divver:

P-Bruins just got off ice at 146 rink -- circus has taken over The Dunk -- after lively workout. Bus leaves for Hershey in an hour or so

24 players are making the trip. Koko, Button, Hirshfeld, Randell, Morrison staying in R.I. Fallstrom, Lindblad, Casto are back at school

Kevan Miller will replace Zach Trotman on D on Sat. night. Maybe one change up front. That'll be a game-time decision. Svedberg starts.

I would have switched out as many players as possible. Bring in some guys that have no memory of the losses.

At a minimum, I'd have Koko, Fallstrom, Lindblad and Knight in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad