GDT: (1) Providence Bruins (vs) (8) Hershey Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitric

German Engineering
May 23, 2011
Rhode Island
An infuriating game. I'm sorry but get Exelby out of this lineup. He really brings nothing to the team, besides taking moronic penalties. Never thought I would say this but give Cohen a chance. The last 5-10 games of the season he had been picking up his play. Spooner was the best on ice tonight obviously. He is so agile and skilled. Tonight was an overall bad combo of crappy calls, bad bounces and too many missed opportunities.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
An infuriating game. I'm sorry but get Exelby out of this lineup. He really brings nothing to the team, besides taking moronic penalties. Never thought I would say this but give Cohen a chance. The last 5-10 games of the season he had been picking up his play. Spooner was the best on ice tonight obviously. He is so agile and skilled. Tonight was an overall bad combo of crappy calls, bad bounces and too many missed opportunities.

XLB had an assist and was +2 tonight --so I do not think he will be sitting next game.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Who made that REALLY bad pass from the corner out in front to a waiting Hersey Bear player on the first goal. I was sitting right in front of it and it was such a terrible play, kind of set the tone for the rest of the game.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Cross leads in +/-, eh? And didn't even play full year in prov, correct?Good on him.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Cross leads in +/-, eh? And didn't even play full year in prov, correct?Good on him.

Right, he played in South Carolina for some time. Real smart kid, I played high school hockey with him for a year before he went to Westy. Great kid, wish the best for him. As far as his play for Providence this year, I haven't seen him play a ton so I can't really comment on that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
All the defensemen had their moments of idiocy last night. Krug must have a wrist problem, because several times he lazily shoveled clearing attempts about five feet right on to the stick of Hershey players.

Refs called a one sided game which didn't help. Boy, they took forever trying to take that first goal away.

bruinsden

PRO/BOS Bruins!!!
Jul 2, 2006
Rhode Island
Very frustrating game Friday night. This team has won 3 games in a row quite a few times this year, so I am confident in their abilty to still take this series. Its still a daunting task to have to win 3 out of 4 in the playoffs. Also, Svedberg hasn't lost two games in a row all season.

BruinsHockey

Jun 9, 2008
Rhode Island
As expected, Graham Mink will be in lineup for P-Bruins this afternoon. Decision on which F comes out will be made at game time.

D pairs the same.

I would like him switched for Florek. Move Knight to Hanson and Robbins and than put Mink with MacKinnon and Whitfield. Mink and MacKinnon work well together and Hanson and Knight could be a good matchup.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
As expected, Graham Mink will be in lineup for P-Bruins this afternoon. Decision on which F comes out will be made at game time.

D pairs the same.

I would like him switched for Florek. Move Knight to Hanson and Robbins and than put Mink with MacKinnon and Whitfield. Mink and MacKinnon work well together and Hanson and Knight could be a good matchup.

I think Florek is better than MacKinnon and if Mink is what's keeping us afloat, there's a problem.

Vino313

Jul 14, 2011
Providence outshoots Hershey 25-8 in the first period but trail 2-1. Svedberg's not having a good series so far.

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Is there a stream by any chance? I caught a few games before the lockout ended but I can't remember where.

nitric

German Engineering
May 23, 2011
Rhode Island
In Svedbergs defense, as far as the previous game goes, the D certainly wasn't doing him any favors. Alot of the goal weren't really his fault. But I agree, overall he needs to play better.

Mink coming up big :yo:

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Dammit....4 goals on 26 shots isn't acceptable no matter how you cut it.

Especially when the other goalie has given up the same amount on 58.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad