GDT: [#1] Pittsburgh Penguins at Dallas Stars - 7:30 PM CST

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Second page and the game hasn't even started yet. Damn.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What's the deal with Eakin on the top line? I haven't followed your training camp much so just surprised to see that.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I have a horrible feeling about the game tonight. I think we are going to get lit up. C'mon boys!!

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Favourable for who?? Seriously. Can you please explain.

Rangers fan asking, and I come in peace.

Over the past couple years Lindy has used Eakin as a shutdown center...with mixed results as one would expect)...logic being that Eakin is an energizer bunny that can skate with the best players in the world. Last year, Benn-Eakin-Seguin was frequently used late in the year with pretty good success (56% of shots and 61% of goals were scored by Dallas when the three were on the ice together). I would guess Lindy will go strength vs strength and try to match our first line vs the Crosby line.

Sharp was previously expected to be on the first line (and likely will in subsequent games), but bumping him down to the second line seemed necessary given Hemsky's being useless injury status. That way Dallas can match up Val-Spezza-Sharp against Malkin if they so choose and have a half-way decent shot.

That's the logic anyways, no clue if it will work.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I don't mind the jumbled lines but I'm questioning why they aren't playing Sharp at left wing and Val at right wing (their natural positions). Bottom six looks a little wonky too.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Over the past couple years Lindy has used Eakin as a shutdown center...with mixed results as one would expect)...logic being that Eakin is an energizer bunny that can skate with the best players in the world. Last year, Benn-Eakin-Seguin was frequently used late in the year with pretty good success (56% of shots and 61% of goals were scored by Dallas when the three were on the ice together). I would guess Lindy will go strength vs strength and try to match our first line vs the Crosby line.

Sharp was previously expected to be on the first line (and likely will in subsequent games), but bumping him down to the second line seemed necessary given Hemsky's being useless injury status. That way Dallas can match up Val-Spezza-Sharp against Malkin if they so choose and have a half-way decent shot.

Thank you for the erudite response.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I don't mind the jumbled lines but I'm questioning why they aren't playing Sharp at left wing and Val at right wing (their natural positions). Bottom six looks a little wonky too.

Agreed. Third and fourth lines seem backwards. Suspecting (and hoping) for some line juggling during the game.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I really hope Hemsky on 4th line is just temporary. I mean, he is far from being that bad.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Definitely some interesting lines, we'll see how they work out tonight. I wasn't expecting Niemi to get the first game, but can't say I'm too suprised considering how Lehtonen has looked throughout preseason.

It would be nice to start this season with a W, but it won't come easy against the Pens. Going to have to play 60 full minutes tonight.

Let's Go Stars!!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

That makes sense (in theory at least). Thanks.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So first line is not

Sharp - Seguin - Benn

?

Weird that seguin is not center?

Eakin has played much more center than Seguin has in his career so this is just a test to see if they mesh well. If it doesn't work out by half way through the game i can see Ruff going back to what works (Benn - Seguin - Sharp)

TheKumarEffect

Jan 24, 2013
any good websites to stream the game from a dallas perspective? game hasnt even started and i cant stand the pitts one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad