GDT: #1 (Part 2): FLYERS 5 at Golden Knights 2, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018, 10:00 p.m. ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
He got hit during the pass movement. It's always going to affect the end result. At least it didn't cost us anything.
True enough. I wasnt trying to come across as an asshole to ghost but always do the right things no matter what happens in games and you'll become a contender.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
True enough. I wasnt trying to come across as an ******* to ghost but always do the right things no matter what happens in games and you'll become a contender.

I haven't watched it back today yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't even intending to put it there.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
oKo4TkW.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He got hit during the pass movement. It's always going to affect the end result. At least it didn't cost us anything.
He shouldn’t have been carrying the puck that far in the first place. Ghost needlessly put himself in a terrible position with the puck trying to force a play from the dzone into the neutral zone on a PP in the 3rd with a 4 goal lead.

Those excusing the turnover because he was slashed are missing the point. He never should have put himself in that position with the puck to begin with. Even if he doesn’t get slashed he has nowhere to go. It was a disaster waiting to happen. He got away with a couple of similar forced plays right into the defense in the first period as well.

That’s not to say he didn’t do anything right. His defensive play was excellent throughout, & he was getting his slapshot consistently on net instead of missing wide on the PP.

Reactions: Tripod and hatcher

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
Vorobyev turning into a good player accelerates things for the Flyers. The depth is even better than I expected going into this season.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
The Flyers were outplayed last night. Fleury was very shaky, and we won off of a good few minutes. The top lines and pair were not very impactful, which I suppose bodes well, if the Flyers can beat the former SC finalist with their top players performing below expectation.
After the 1st ten minutes who outplayed who?! If we can roll out four lines like ours it bodes well. You and I clearly were watching different games. Hmm No credit for Cout's line vs their top players?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim didn't have the "deer in the headlights" look he started last season with, and was far more composed, even compared to his play when he returned from the AHL. And when he made mistakes, he reacted quickly to get back.
He's still a work in progress, but there seems to be progress.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Sanheim had about 5 really good stick "poke" checks as guys were trying to gain speed to the outside of him.

Vorobyev playing well fills our biggest hole at forward this year. Even if the points don't come, being a good defensive C while covering 2 weaker defensive wingers is great. If we have a 3rd line that outscores/plays equal to the opponent on most nights, we are going to exploit teams that lack depth.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim had about 5 really good stick "poke" checks as guys were trying to gain speed to the outside of him.

Vorobyev playing well fills our biggest hole at forward this year. Even if the points don't come, being a good defensive C while covering 2 weaker defensive wingers is great. If we have a 3rd line that outscores/plays equal to the opponent on most nights, we are going to exploit teams that lack depth.
But but but... I thought the Flyers were a team with very little skill and depth? Isn’t that why Hak can’t be blamed for anything?

Reactions: Adtar02

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
After the 1st ten minutes who outplayed who?! If we can roll out four lines like ours it bodes well. You and I clearly were watching different games. Hmm No credit for Cout's line vs their top players?

Yeah, guess we did watch different games. Flyers were outchanced, and didn't dictate the pace of play as much as Vegas did.

Couturier's line prevented offense, but didn't really provide any either. Sounds like a mediocre performance to me.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
He shouldn’t have been carrying the puck that far in the first place. Ghost needlessly put himself in a terrible position with the puck trying to force a play from the dzone into the neutral zone on a PP in the 3rd with a 4 goal lead.

Those excusing the turnover because he was slashed are missing the point. He never should have put himself in that position with the puck to begin with. Even if he doesn’t get slashed he has nowhere to go. It was a disaster waiting to happen. He got away with a couple of similar forced plays right into the defense in the first period as well.

That’s not to say he didn’t do anything right. His defensive play was excellent throughout, & he was getting his slapshot consistently on net instead of missing wide on the PP.
think you are dwelling on a bad play. watched it this morning. Bad turn over sucks. We won the game and ghost looked really good. It happens to lots of players. Should he have passed the puck yup!! They were changing from PP1 to the second unit. Usually ghost carries through on that. Was he slashed yup. Did PEB get super lucky that his stick knocked it out of the air yup. Again one play in the first game of the season. if it continues to happen then its a problem. Stop dwelling on it

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Vegas was opening at home with a fired up crowd, they had the adrenalin pumping to start the game.
Then after about ten minutes, the adrenalin wore off and the Flyers dominated the second half of the first period and the first half of the second period.
After that, with a 5-1 lead, Vegas was gambling and the Flyers were working to keep their focus as it's natural to relax with a big lead.
Flyers actually won the 3rd period ES Corsi battle.

1st line didn't look good, Couts being out hurt their chemistry, though TK was a little ball of hate.

Have to take the early games with a bag of salt, to me, the first quarter of any season is the "shakeout cruise," and you don't really know what you have until the end of that period, and sometimes even later (10 game losing streak last year ended at game 27).

However, compare last year's starting lineup:
By TOI -
Simmonds, Couts, Giroux, Voracek, Filppula, Weal, Patrick, Laughton, TK, Leier, Weise, Raffl
Provorov, Amac, Gudas, Ghost, Manning, Hagg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad