GDT: #1 (Part 2): FLYERS 5 at Golden Knights 2, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018, 10:00 p.m. ET

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Macdonald4mvp
office-2018020014-macdoan86.png

From naturalstattrick Flyers had 14 scoring chances fo at 5on5 and Andy alone was on for 13 against.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He had every reason to ease him in was the worst part. Even if he believes MacDonald is the savior, he was downright atrocious in preseason. He saw it. Even pull-their-punches company men said he looked like he came back 4 weeks early from a 6 week injury timeline.

So, less than 1 week later, MacDonald goes right in as the #3 defenseman in game 1. And he was a disaster in the 1st. Still got his minutes. By sheer luck he was on-ice for 3 goals for, 1 against. It's serves as horrid validation. As has been shown before, there is no zenith of badness for MacDonald (or XYZ reliable player) to get docked usage.

A line with Ryan Reaves on it was eating in shot attempts/scoring chances against MacDonald last night. :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Before you slam my man MAC, garner these numbers:
5x5 Corsi:

Provorov 41.7
Hagg 37.5
MacDonald 35.5
Ghost 30.4

So we obviously need to upgrade more than one spot on the defense! :sarcasm:

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I guess it's time for some people to develop a sense of humor.

Though seriously, Ghost struggled against a good forechecking Penguin team in the playoffs and against a good forechecking Vegas team (as I predicted).
I think his issue is he likes to control the puck and make plays, but a team with fast, physical forecheckers can harass him into making turnovers. Ghost has to learn to pick his spots, when teams that have the personnel to jam him are focused on him he has to get rid of the puck quicker, and his forwards have to come back to help.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Thats the second time in a short time span you spout some dumb shit and try to play it off as "I was being humorous". Maybe you are as funny as AMac is good at hockey these days.

Reactions: Adtar02

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Thats the second time in a short time span you spout some dumb **** and try to play it off as "I was being humorous". Maybe you are as funny as AMac is good at hockey these days.

Maybe you haven't spent much time on the internet and don't understand the use of smilies?
Or an obviously fatuous remark?

When I receive criticism, first I consider the source, and often, that's all I have to consider.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
If we are discussing the concept of emoticons, we may as well discuss the concept of the word "maybe". I was just being humorous too ;)

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I guess it's time for some people to develop a sense of humor.

Though seriously, Ghost struggled against a good forechecking Penguin team in the playoffs and against a good forechecking Vegas team (as I predicted).
I think his issue is he likes to control the puck and make plays, but a team with fast, physical forecheckers can harass him into making turnovers. Ghost has to learn to pick his spots, when teams that have the personnel to jam him are focused on him he has to get rid of the puck quicker, and his forwards have to come back to help.
Careful don’t throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back. Also looked like the flyers jumped out to a big lead and Vegas started pressing. And out shot the whole team badly for the last 30 mins.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Maybe you haven't spent much time on the internet and don't understand the use of smilies?
Or an obviously fatuous remark?

When I receive criticism, first I consider the source, and often, that's all I have to consider.
All your remarks are the same. Hard to tell when you are joking cause most are all false hoods

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
But you guys, Hakstols players EARN their playing time.

You dumb fans don’t see them at practice. You don’t watch the tape. You don’t study the players.

It should be interesting in another 15-20 years when the pre-lockout guys like Hakstol aren’t occupying pretty much all the coaching & executive jobs in the NHL. The goons are essentially dead not only at the NHL level but at the minor league & junior levels as well. The try-hard’s like MacDonald are going to be next no matter how hard they’re fighting it now.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Careful don’t throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back. Also looked like the flyers jumped out to a big lead and Vegas started pressing. And out shot the whole team badly for the last 30 mins.

Actually, Flyers had a 55.6% Corsi in the 3rd period, and HDSC were even 3-3.
Vegas made a push after Flyers went up 5-1 and relaxed a bit, but Flyers regrouped after the period.
It was the first ten minutes of the game, when Vegas was riding the opening night adrenaline rush, that they dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad