#1 Ottawa vs #4 Sudbury

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I am a 67's fan too and hope they do well but i think you are grossly underestimating Sudbury. They are a team that works very hard and has a ton of elite young talent that is getting better every game.
Yep. Good assessment bert.

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I could see 3/4 of the underdogs winning their series, but not this one. UPL is unbelievable, but DiPietro is just as capable of stealing game(s). Ottawa is so much better up front that this will be a boatrace I think. UPL steals a game, Ottawa blows SBY out twice and Ottawa wins a couple close ones. OTT in 5. Then SBY gets back to the drawing board to look for a goalie who can do half of what UPL can so theyre not fighting for home ice in round 1 again next year

Reactions: OMG67

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
I could see 3/4 of the underdogs winning their series, but not this one. UPL is unbelievable, but DiPietro is just as capable of stealing game(s). Ottawa is so much better up front that this will be a boatrace I think. UPL steals a game, Ottawa blows SBY out twice and Ottawa wins a couple close ones. OTT in 5. Then SBY gets back to the drawing board to look for a goalie who can do half of what UPL can so theyre not fighting for home ice in round 1 again next year
We’ll see about that

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
So after all the goaltending talk leading up to Game One and then we see 13 goals. So much for that conversation.

That was uncharacteristic for both teams as you well know. From my perspective it looked like a fairly even first period and a bit, then the 67's took over and totally dominated. Sudbury had no answer for the 67's speed and depth. When UPL was chased it appeared Ottawa took their foot off the pedal a bit and then it turned into a loosey-goosey back-and-forth.

I don't expect to see that again Sunday but I do expect to see Sudbury struggle with Ottawa's speed and depth again. UPL is a great goaltender, perhaps the best Jr. goalie in the world, but when you're spending 1-1/2 to 2+ minutes in your own end at times, the best goalie in the world isn't going to help you.

Reactions: cub

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I stated the series would be over in 4 games without UPL in net. I wasn’t counting on Ottawa to simply turn up the jets when it mattered most int he playoffs. I’m very impressed with how they have managed to simply put the pedal down for 60 minutes. It is like are a bunch sharks with blood in the water. Very impressive.

We’ve seen some stretches like this during the regular season but it is very easy to discount them based on the level of their competition. I mean, loads of teams blow out the likes of Kingston, right? But, I think this series shows exactly how deep and talented the 67’s are. It’s not like the Wolves are crap! They are a pretty darned good team with quite possibly the best Junior aged goalie on the planet and they are picking them apart. I am shocked to be honest and it isn’t because I disrespect Sudbury for their level of play.

17 goals on UPL in less than 3 games (he was pulled in 2nd period of game one and they scored an empty netter tonight). Not in my wildest imagination did I ever think that would be possible. That said, DiPietro has not faired all that much better. He had the shutout in game two but 5 goals against in game one and three. There is some concern there going forward for sure. He made some great saves tonight though so I can’t be overly critical.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
You've got to be one of the petiest people I've met here, I respect that, enjoy the rest of you're offseason as I will soon enjoy mine

To be fair, I made my prediction (which is the entire point of this thread) and you replied to my post saying I was going to look like an idiot if I was wrong. So this entire interaction is based on you inserting yourself into the convo and saying how wrong I was going to be. So yeah, when I was 100% right after you randomly tell me im going to look like an idiot, yeah youre going to get dunked on. :)

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I stated the series would be over in 4 games without UPL in net. I wasn’t counting on Ottawa to simply turn up the jets when it mattered most int he playoffs. I’m very impressed with how they have managed to simply put the pedal down for 60 minutes. It is like are a bunch sharks with blood in the water. Very impressive.

We’ve seen some stretches like this during the regular season but it is very easy to discount them based on the level of their competition. I mean, loads of teams blow out the likes of Kingston, right? But, I think this series shows exactly how deep and talented the 67’s are. It’s not like the Wolves are crap! They are a pretty darned good team with quite possibly the best Junior aged goalie on the planet and they are picking them apart. I am shocked to be honest and it isn’t because I disrespect Sudbury for their level of play.

17 goals on UPL in less than 3 games (he was pulled in 2nd period of game one and they scored an empty netter tonight). Not in my wildest imagination did I ever think that would be possible. That said, DiPietro has not faired all that much better. He had the shutout in game two but 5 goals against in game one and three. There is some concern there going forward for sure. He made some great saves tonight though so I can’t be overly critical.

Combo of Ottawa being very good and frankly Sudbury just not being a very good team overall. They have some talent but a lot of their best skaters are younger guys (Byfield, Levin, Murray) and aside from Sudbury fans who aren't able to see clearly, this was pretty predictable. Sudbury alwas has been, and still is a year away from being able to contend, UPL just made SBY fans think that wasnt the case, but it always was. I guessed OTT in 5, as I thought UPL would steal one. Wasn't expecting UPL to be as bad as he's been (.807 save perc. this round). Yes OTT has been all over them, but he's let in 2-3 soft goals every single game. Wasn't expecting that

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Combo of Ottawa being very good and frankly Sudbury just not being a very good team overall. They have some talent but a lot of their best skaters are younger guys (Byfield, Levin, Murray) and aside from Sudbury fans who aren't able to see clearly, this was pretty predictable. Sudbury alwas has been, and still is a year away from being able to contend, UPL just made SBY fans think that wasnt the case, but it always was. I guessed OTT in 5, as I thought UPL would steal one. Wasn't expecting UPL to be as bad as he's been (.807 save perc. this round). Yes OTT has been all over them, but he's let in 2-3 soft goals every single game. Wasn't expecting that
Levin will be an OA next year so not quite young. My only correction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad