GDT: [#1] Nashville Predators @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW+, NBC, ESPN+) - For realz this time

serp

Jan 17, 2016
On the PK beeing terrible at faceoffs can really suck. It often directly leads to some extended PK shifts in the own zone and sure enough that was the case this game as well. I think you can survive without great faceoff guys in the PP if you can get set up later but on the PK thats a problem.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Think the stars plan this year will be simple, get the puck from the boards to the point and Klingberg/Heiskanen shoot.

Then scramble from there.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Missed some of this game. How did Dellandrea look?

Looked better than I expected out there. Pretty much looks like he's NHL ready or very close to it. Of the 3 young guys in the lineup battling for a spot (Robertson, Caamano, and him) he definitely was the most noticeable and best of the bunch

Reactions: Elysian

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Oilers fan, Dallas is now my 2nd prime time team to watch now, that Jason Robertson is getting some looks. Followed him for a very long time, but I missed the game :(. How did he do? I saw Bowness gave him aloft of PP time, but no pts

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oilers fan, Dallas is now my 2nd prime time team to watch now, that Jason Robertson is getting some looks. Followed him for a very long time, but I missed the game :(. How did he do? I saw Bowness gave him aloft of PP time, but no pts

He looked like still a bit of a deer in headlights. His skating seemed better than last year though

Reactions: Gh0st

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Looked a bit out of place to start . As the game went on he got time on the pp and looked like knew what he was doing .

Reactions: Gh0st
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I really like Laxdal's 5-on-3 strategy. Rather than using a regular PP unit, he put the 5 best puck handlers + passers on the ice so they can quickly work the puck around a tight perimeter to open a seam. Worked beautifully. :thumbu:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I really like Laxdal's 5-on-3 strategy. Rather than using a regular PP unit, he put the 5 best puck handlers + passers on the ice so they can quickly work the puck around a tight perimeter to open a seam. Worked beautifully. :thumbu:
I also like how they got close to the goal as a group, too. They weren't throwing the puck around the perimeter.

Reactions: Zapp

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I also like how they got close to the goal as a group, too. They weren't throwing the puck around the perimeter.
Same! I like how Benn engaged the Dman to tie him up so its basically a 4-2 with a netfront battle. Pavelski and Radulov down low on opposite sides of their handedness for one timers. Normally when the Stars have a 5-3 I don't get my hopes up, but I was impressed for sure.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not strictly on topic here, but I went to the game last night, and some interesting fan tidbits.

First, I opted out of going to games this year. Turns out, 92% of Stars fans opted in. For the lower deck, that was too many, so those who wanted the full season only got half, or 14 games. There are far fewer upper deck STH, so all of them got all 27 games.

They also relieved the congestion somewhat by offering discounted suites to STH with long standing. A friend of mine took that deal, and asked me to go to his suite. First one free, LOL, then I have to pay going rate for 2 of his 8 seats, which turns out to be $500.....even at the discounted suite rate.

Lastly, and I haven't checked this out, I was told I was an idiot for not opting in, since demand for Stars tickets on Stub Hub drove prices up, especially for Hawks, Wings, etc. I could (they said) paid for this season and next by simply keeping my seats and selling them off. I did look, and the seats just above mine were occupied, so one of them or me would probably have had to move.

Funny item, but the e-tickets said "Dallas Stars vs. Red Predators." I guess that wasn't the real NSH NHL team out there, LOL.

Reactions: Johno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad