GDT: # 1 - Hawks at Penguins - 8:00 PM EST- Lowdown

I am feeling:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Tough game to predict winner, how nhl adapted is bedard and are they going to score 5 softies on jarry? Will EK put up some points in his first game as a penguin?
Hawks had penguins number recently, yes?
I'd say hawks 4-3

I'll find out tomorrow as I'm going to a college footy game tonight, rivalry night tonight.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The Hawks are still going to be a bad team, imo. They probably won't be the worst in the league, but even with Bedard and Hall added this summer, they're still gonna be far out of the playoff window imo.

Which is prime "oh the Pens still lost, cool" territory. :laugh:

Ahh, hockey's back.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So do we want payback for knocking us out of the playoffs last year?

Or do we owe them 1 for being the final nail in the coffin for Hextall?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
There‘s a poor supporting cast, and then there’s the guys that Bedard is stuck with.

Hoping for duelling hat tricks between the kid and The Kid, and a W for the good guys.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Tough game to predict winner, how nhl adapted is bedard and are they going to score 5 softies on jarry? Will EK put up some points in his first game as a penguin?
Hawks had penguins number recently, yes?
I'd say hawks 4-3

I'll find out tomorrow as I'm going to a college footy game tonight, rivalry night tonight.
I think it’ll be fairly high scoring. Hopefully. I’ll be there with my EK65 shirt.

Which football game you seeing?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
New year and I get to watch Crosby, Geno, Letang, and EK.

Super low expectations but at least we should have plenty of high scoring games : )

I haven't been excited all Summer. Maybe it's just due to a busier personal year - maybe it's apathy based on a certain signing and certain retention of staff.

Even today I'm completely whatever - and I don't want to be. Maybe some more caffeine or alcohol will get me going this evening. For now I wouldn't even care if I missed it. Sharing only because I'm curious if anyone shares this sentiment? I probably posted here 10 times this Summer. Haven't read anything hockey related and even grew bored of the YouTube media outlets. Sorta scary after having binged Penguins hockey for as long as I can remember.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

No payback, everything that happened since was much needed.

Just MS needed to follow as well but we knew it wasn't going to happen right away with that long term contract in place.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Definitely the latter. :laugh: Dubas replaces Hextall, team rids itself of Granlund, Petry and CDS, ends up landing Karlsson and Yager.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

giphy.gif

Reactions: RSPens and Sideline

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
I haven't been excited all Summer. Maybe it's just due to a busier personal year - maybe it's apathy based on a certain signing and certain retention of staff.

Even today I'm completely whatever - and I don't want to be. Maybe some more caffeine or alcohol will get me going this evening. For now I wouldn't even care if I missed it. Sharing only because I'm curious if anyone shares this sentiment? I probably posted here 10 times this Summer. Haven't read anything hockey related and even grew bored of the YouTube media outlets. Sorta scary after having binged Penguins hockey for as long as I can remember.
Felt largely the same in the mid 2010s, during the '13-14 season and the Mike Johnston tenure.

Reactions: molon labe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad