GDT: # 1 - Hawks at Penguins - 8:00 PM EST- Lowdown

I am feeling:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
One of the few Pens regular season games I can watch legally in Australia! Yay. And I'll be busy at work....

Reactions: Omark

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm excited, and I hope the Pens give me some reasons to continue to be excited

Reactions: Giskard

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Last season was by far the least I've enjoyed during the Big 3 era even if they would have made the playoffs. It was brutal watching them blowing lead after lead and underachieving.

The stench of Hextall is gone thankfully and hopefully the Pens can be entertaining this year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Last season was by far the least I've enjoyed during the Big 3 era even if they would have made the playoffs. It was brutal watching them blowing lead after lead and underachieving.

The stench of Hextall is gone thankfully and hopefully the Pens can be entertaining this year.
Gone except for Carter, but yeah.

Watching Karlsson and Sid is enough.

Reactions: TNT87

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
“When the puck drops in tonight’s season opener, Pittsburgh’s long-standing core of Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Kris Letang will surpass the New York Yankees’ Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, and Jorge Posada (1995-2011) as the longest-tenured trio of teammates in NHL, MLB, NBA, and NFL history, having played in parts of 18 seasons together.”

-From the Penguins website

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
When was the last time they beat the Hawks? When they won pretty much every game after Bylsma took over?

That and Bedard’s debut make it seem like the Hawks are poised to win. I’ll say 4-3 Hawks.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
When was the last time they beat the Hawks? When they won pretty much every game after Bylsma took over?

That and Bedard’s debut make it seem like the Hawks are poised to win. I’ll say 4-3 Hawks.
I'd have to look but I think we beat chicago two of our last three times we played them or three of the last five. Anyhow I think we'll win tonight. EKs 1st game, yeah pretty confident tonight.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
For some reason the Pens struggled against a Toews/Kane/Keith lead team.

I think that is obviously over. I'd say it will take some time for a Bedard team to have that kind of supremacy.

The Pens have won 3 of the last 5. 1 loss was in a SO loss in 2021/22 going 2-1 in the season series and obviously the other was at the end of last season where they split the season series.

Reactions: RSPens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yeah, I’m along with the 4-2 win for the Hawks…we’re going to put up a lot of shots against Mrazek again, or whoever starts, and our lack of finishing will be on display again….Sullivan postgame comment: “we did a lot of good things, we put up a lot of good shots and had a lot of expected goals but we just couldn’t get those last couple goals. That’s hockey”

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'll be there. Gonna take my grandma since she hasn't seen a game since the "Tyler Kennedy days" according to her. She was telling me she was gonna wear her Kennedy shirsey and I was like "I'll let you borrow a Crosby jersey so we can match".
I thought you said she wasn't at a game since the Kennedy days... as in... JFK. haha...
My grandmother loves hockey too... enjoy

I took my 85 year old mother last year. To her, Kennedy would mean JFK, but she enjoyed herself nonetheless
Oh... you already beat me to that punch line...

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad