Proposal: 1 for 1 for Schwartz?

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
The **** we do haha. He’s on pace for 77 points, plays in every conceivable situation, wears an A for us m and primarily plays C. He’s worth more than Schwartz, particularly with this year’s results.
Yes there’s a risk, but Schwartz is a better goal scorer and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got 40 next to McDavid

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes there’s a risk, but Schwartz is a better goal scorer and it wouldn’t surprise me if he got 40 next to McDavid

Over their careers Schwartz averages a grand total of one goal more per 82 games - 23 vs 22.

That is not worth giving up the better, younger player that’s more positionally valuable especially when you consider how much Schwartz has struggled with injury and this season’s results.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Over their careers Schwartz averages a grand total of one goal more per 82 games - 23 vs 22.

That is not worth giving up the better, younger player that’s more positionally valuable especially when you consider how much Schwartz has struggled with injury and this season’s results.
And that RNH has played wing successfully this season, so it's not like he doesn't have that flexibility.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Made up stats? Those stats are just showing that he is producing assists at the 2nd highest rate in his career, he's a high quality possession player, and he getting into dangerous areas, he just isn't finding the back of the net.
I appreciate the primary assists stat because to me thats much more important then total assists because if you by coincidence passes it to a guy who makes 3 moves then makes an amazing pass to a guy who burries it from an impossible angle you dont deserve that assist. But the only stats that matter are Goals, primary assists, assists (to a lesser level), shooting %, and +/- BUT ONLY USED IN PROPER CONTEXT. You cant use +/- at face value. But advanced stats do not work in team games. Baseball is the only sport where sabermetrics works. I can find you tons of players with pure garbage advanced stats then show you video of them playing and you would see that defensive corgi is just another name for a guard dog.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Schwartz would be great add for Oil, but team like Edmonton that has 3 quality forwards shouldn't be trading 1 of them in more or less lateral deal.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
So everyone is just offering their forward who is clearly worse than Schwartz.

How shocking.
Why would you trade a better player or one of equal value/talent for a guy with four goals and making $5 million per?
I'll try though Zuccarello.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Why would you trade a better player or one of equal value/talent for a guy with four goals and making $5 million per?
Why would we sell low on a good player having a down season at 26 years old?

I’ll wait. And pass on him, too old.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Because that guy that only has 4 goals is shooting 75% lower than his career average? That means at some point, his shooting percentage will return to something closer to what it's been over his career. If Jaden was shooting his career average right now, his numbers would be on par with every other recent season he's had.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
so, because he's been really bad, he's bound to be good, and has a high value?

if a player is good, he's bound to be bad, so has low value?

Face it, the only reason that a Schwartz thread has popped up is because he's playing like crap. Expecting to get top buck for him is ridiculous.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
so, because he's been really bad, he's bound to be good, and has a high value?

if a player is good, he's bound to be bad, so has low value?

Face it, the only reason that a Schwartz thread has popped up is because he's playing like crap. Expecting to get top buck for him is ridiculous.

He’s not really playing like crap. He’s still bringing the tenacity on the puck in the NZ and on the forecheck.

He is however taking horrible shots and can’t buy a goal when he gets the chance.

I’d imagine Schwartz wouldn’t get traded.

I’d also imagine if he were available every GM sin the league who isn’t undergoing a tear down would love to have him.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lmao. Pretty easy to tell who knows nothing about Schwartz.

One of those players that makes an impact all over the ice even if he's not scoring. Defensively, creating turnovers on the forecheck and hounding pucks, still racking up the assists.

"Oh but he has 4 goalz" alright cool, we don't want to trade him anyway despite what the OP might think. Keep your lesser player, we don't give a shit. :laugh:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
He’s not really playing like crap. He’s still bringing the tenacity on the puck in the NZ and on the forecheck.

He is however taking horrible shots and can’t buy a goal when he gets the chance.

I’d imagine Schwartz wouldn’t get traded.

I’d also imagine if he were available every GM sin the league who isn’t undergoing a tear down would love to have him.
That's not the point of this thread though. OP is expecting a one for one deal?
It's highly unlikely St Louis is going to win that type of trade.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That's not the point of this thread though. OP is expecting a one for one deal?
It's highly unlikely St Louis is going to win that type of trade.
Right. Which is why they won't make it.

Beats me why this is a thread. There's a small group of Blues fans that want to see every core piece traded. That's just not going to happen.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Fiala the closest thing the Preds have to a struggling top 6 that you would be somewhat interested in. Fiala plus pick/prospects would for sure get moved though.

1 for 1 is hard. That's a niche trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad